Superior Bus co jobs

FDBGuy

Superior Bus Co. on Dean St. In Brooklyn is hiring for bus drivers. The pay is $500/wk.

I interviewed but walked away. There is a manager there that has anger mgmt problems. It was hot and the dispatcher said I could wait inside for interview

and I could have water. After I went inside the manager said " now that you made yourself comfortable you can wait outside". He was also cursing like crazy outside. Maybe this is why they need drivers so bad that they'll hire on the spot as long as your Absract is clean and you're certified.

I wanted to put this out there for those looking to work. I've found work elsewhere. Thanks and good luck.

Thanks for giving others a heads up. This is a school bus company that is owned by a woman. They must be union(ATU?) since they are an approved vendor by the Dept of Education. They have been around since 1988. They have a fleet of 55 coach and school buses.

When they say the pay is $500.00 week ,how many hours a week does that cover? Not a bad rate to start,do an am and a pm run,I figure 4-5 hrs a day with a long break in between.

Fred,maybe the manager was having a bad day,but I don't blame you for walking away. What was the first question that they asked you? do you have any CDL driving experience?

Thanks for giving others a heads up. This is a school bus company that is owned by a woman. They must be union(ATU?) since they are an approved vendor by the Dept of Education. They have been around since 1988. They have a fleet of 55 coach and school buses.

When they say the pay is $500.00 week ,how many hours a week does that cover? Not a bad rate to start,do an am and a pm run,I figure 4-5 hrs a day with a long break in between.

Fred,maybe the manager was having a bad day,but I don't blame you for walking away. What was the first question that they asked you? do you have any CDL driving experience?

Hey Al

It wasn't hardly an interview. No questions about experience. If the abstract and certification was in order you were hired. It was thru Workforce 1, some may have seen them on Craigslist. The transportation dept is in Jamaica, near JFK airport. There are frequent CDLB jobs thru them.

Hey Al

It wasn't hardly an interview. No questions about experience. If the abstract and certification was in order you were hired. It was thru Workforce 1, some may have seen them on Craigslist. The transportation dept is in Jamaica, near JFK airport. There are frequent CDLB jobs thru them.

I have seen them on Craigslist before, they are a job agency right? Oh,I thought you went to the office of the school bus company on Dean St in Brooklyn. Who pays Workforce 1, the employer or do they take out a percentage on your weekly check?

I have seen them on Craigslist before, they are a job agency right? Oh,I thought you went to the office of the school bus company on Dean St in Brooklyn. Who pays Workforce 1, the employer or do they take out a percentage on your weekly check?

I did go to Dean st., That's where I ran into the manager from Hell. Workforce 1 is a free service.

$500 a week after taxes is $340 a week maybe? Thats horrible pay, and imagine you have to work for a creep like that? See I've been thru it before and delt with people like that, when I was younger i would put up with it, now I'll drive the bus right up his ass.

They might hit you for uniform expense also. These guys are slick. I once applied for transexpress (i think thats the name) and it was some women owner, talked down to the drivers like they were pieces of shit. There you have to wait at least 1 year for any type of medical benifet, long hours and you had to buy your own uniform. the pay was $500 a week also but I think it was a 12 hour day....so I walked out. No thank you.

$500 a week after taxes is $340 a week maybe? Thats horrible pay, and imagine you have to work for a creep like that? See I've been thru it before and delt with people like that, when I was younger i would put up with it, now I'll drive the bus right up his ass.

They might hit you for uniform expense also. These guys are slick. I once applied for transexpress (i think thats the name) and it was some women owner, talked down to the drivers like they were pieces of shit. There you have to wait at least 1 year for any type of medical benifet, long hours and you had to buy your own uniform. the pay was $500 a week also but I think it was a 12 hour day....so I walked out. No thank you.

Agreed.. The 1st thing that crossed my mind is that if this clown is talking to me like this now, imagine being on the job?

Don't need that crap for sure. I really wanted to say something but didn't want to have a problem back at the agency..

Superior Bus Co. on Dean St. In Brooklyn is hiring for bus drivers. The pay is $500/wk.

I interviewed but walked away. There is a manager there that has anger mgmt problems. It was hot and the dispatcher said I could wait inside for interview

and I could have water. After I went inside the manager said " now that you made yourself comfortable you can wait outside". He was also cursing like crazy outside. Maybe this is why they need drivers so bad that they'll hire on the spot as long as your Absract is clean and you're certified.

I wanted to put this out there for those looking to work. I've found work elsewhere. Thanks and good luck.

If it`s atu union is it 1181 if so i heard it`s good

Archived