Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
East New York

New Flyer C40LF Archive Thread

That cant be right, on their website, they only offer 3 series of buses, the LF Restyled (LFR), the Xcelsior & the BRT fleet. The last LF series buses that were produced IIRC were the DE60LFs for Chicago & The DE41LFs for SEPTA.

See below.

This post further reinforces that you pull crap out of your ass just for the hell of it - The LF has been discontinued. No new orders have been accepted for it. The only LFs being built as of now are off contracts that were signed before the discontinuation.

Here's a little piece of advice Dante: Don't start postings with unconfirmed information or information you got from "contacts" until you see some sort of signed documentation or report stating such. We could do without all this "speculation" and "fanasty". Things never ever go according to plan 99% of the time.

Hold on. First of all don't come at me like that. I'm the nicest person in the world. I don't disrespect anyone, and i will be damned if you do it to me. I suggest you redirect your tone. So you call New Flyer on the phone and tell me what they say. I was the first to say that things can change. Nothing is EVER 100% with the MTA. Stuff is always subject to change. And for your information, Detroit has 2010 D40 LF's and IIRC the deal was finalized this year. I don't know that for a fact. But I do know this. A New Flyer employee to me the bid is for the C40LF. So when you prove me wrong, we can discuss this again. Untill then, check yourself so I don't have too!

Wasnt the Detroit order a 2009-2010 mix? That D40LF contract order IIRC was finalized late 2009 before the discontinuation of the LF series which was on November 14th, the buses were built in 2010 in January/February and started delivery in March from what I have read. D-Dot along with Chicago & SEPTA were the last TAs to own/purchase an LF series bus.

I'm not disrespecting you or anything, I just think that this whole debacle is just very unusual and I'm very skeptical of the situation. I think its just best for all of us just to sit this one out and lets wait to see what comes when it does come.

Here's the pdf file on the MTA Website explaining the contract information on the new buses.

http://mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/100726_1045_BUS.pdf

I think it will most likely be the New Flyer C40LFR as the last order of C40LF were SEPTA (or Chicago I forgot which company it was) and is continued as of 2010. But who knows maybe they made an exception for the MTA. We'll just have to wait and see in April of 2011.

Wasnt the Detroit order a 2009-2010 mix? That D40LF contract order IIRC was finalized late 2009 before the discontinuation of the LF series which was on November 14th, the buses were built in 2010 in January/February and started delivery in March from what I have read. D-Dot along with Chicago & SEPTA were the last TAs to own/purchase an LF series bus.

I dont know but this whole thing is just unusually skeptical. I think its just best for all of us just to sit this one out and lets wait to see what comes when it does come.

If i'm wrong I'm wrong. I don't know about the mix. I'm going off what I was told by more than 1 industry employee.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

C40LF, C40LFR who cares...New Flyer won the bid so its a C40 at least. Congrats to them ans lets hope for the best

...on a side note, I bet 10 bucks that Orion was gonna get it but I lost...crap lol

Here's the pdf file on the MTA Website explaining the contract information on the new buses.

http://mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/100726_1045_BUS.pdf

I think it will most likely be the New Flyer C40LFR as the last order of C40LF were SEPTA (or Chicago I forgot which company it was) and is continued as of 2010. But who knows maybe they made an exception for the MTA. We'll just have to wait and see in April of 2011.

Just read through that, what a surprise. Other than the qualifications, I think its because it was just a lower bid. So I guess the MTA is giving New Flyer a chance with this order. If shit were to hit the fan with this order, this might really be the end of MTA & New Flyer doing business.

Wirelessly posted via (SAMSUNG-SGH-T469/T469UVIG4 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I do remember hearing eariler this year that New Flyer no longer taking orders for the LF series. I am very surprised to see that New Flyer has won the order. This can be MTAs 1 lucky chance to kiss & make up with New Flyer. I hope this order go's well with little to no problems! I am a big New Flyer fan myself & I am looking forward to see the LFR Series rolling around!

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

C40LF, C40LFR who cares...New Flyer won the bid so its a C40 at least. Congrats to them ans lets hope for the best

...on a side note, I bet 10 bucks that Orion was gonna get it but I lost...crap lol

According to the document provided by trainspot12, Orion did negotiate with the (MTA), but the board who awards the contract unanimously recommended that contract B-40461 go to New Flyer. Also, it says that they see no reason to open up the solicitations. And if what ENY said about New Flyer approaching (MTA) is true, then Orion didn't stand a chance (ie someone owes you 10 bucks. lol).

Our New Flyer C40LF( R)s will start their pilot testing in April of 2011. All on page 49.

It's not the transmission, its the engine, you'd still hear it either way considering that they are getting Cummins ISL-Gs.

And who says that it will be the Cummins ISL-G?Has that been confirmed?On that note what type of CNG engines are being made these days?I would fall out if it they went with the same combo that WMATA got for thier C40LFR's.(1)(A)(C)

And who says that it will be the Cummins ISL-G?Has that been confirmed?On that note what type of CNG engines are being made these days?I would fall out if it they went with the same combo that WMATA got for thier C40LFR's.(1)(A)(C)

Thats the only brand of CNG fuel offered by Cummins under the Westport name, our buses are not going to be HCNG (Hydrogen Clean Natural Gas) or LNG, the Cummins ISL-G (Or Westport ISL-G) is the regular CNG fuel offered by Cummins....Detroit Diesel does not make any CNG fuel buses for transit buses anymore....do some research next time.....

You know what. I've never been the type of person to say I told you so untill today. I wish I had known about this PDF this morning when I got the confirmation phone call. But thanks to Trainspot12, you all no longer have to speculate. MTA New York City Transit has spoken! I don't talk just to hear myself talk. I didn't get the nickname East New York "Surface Transit Headquarters" as a child by chance either. Oh I'm sorry..... Did East New York shut a few of you down today? I won't tell if you wont!!!:o

You know what. I've never been the type of person to say I told you so untill today. I wish I had known about this PDF this morning when I got the confirmation phone call. But thanks to Trainspot12, you all no longer have to speculate. MTA New York City Transit has spoken! I don't talk just to hear myself talk. I didn't get the nickname East New York "Surface Transit Headquarters" as a child by chance either. Oh I'm sorry..... Did East New York shut a few of you down today? I won't tell if you wont!!!:o

I can say that I got shut down, but not completely :o

I, along with a few of us had reason to be skeptical about this sudden dispute considering that New Flyer & MTA had bad blood since the sudden discontinuation of the D60HF Galaxy Articulated Buses. This was more like a ball thrown from left field, a majority of us didnt really expect this at all, which is where the skepticism started to set in.

I, along with a few of us had reason to be skeptical about this sudden dispute considering that New Flyer & MTA had bad blood since the sudden discontinuation of the D60HF Galaxy Articulated Buses. This was more like a ball thrown from left field, a majority of us didnt really expect this at all, which is where the skepticism started to set in.

I totally did not think this would happen. You could not have paid me to believe that New Flyer would have won the bid. I was skepical myself last week when my contact told me it was not looking good for Orion. The post also was not directed at you per se, but to some who shall remain nameless. Now back to the topic at hand.... Congratulations once again to New Flyer for a job well done. it's C40 time!!!!!!:cool:

Honestly, we all were. At the same time, from the second they announced the contract (July 2009), it was rumored that it wouldn't be a sure bet for Orion. From what the document said, it looked like past performance set a precedence ahead of everything else (pricing is the last thing the report mentions).

I totally did not think this would happen. You could not have paid me to believe that New Flyer would have won the bid. I was skepical myself last week when my contact told me it was not looking good for Orion. The post also was not directed at you per se, but to some who shall remain nameless. Now back to the topic at hand.... Congratulations once again to New Flyer for a job well done. it's C40 time!!!!!!:cool:

Now my only question is this, what the hell are we going to have in terms of Transmission specs & seating arrangements?! I'm hoping we get something along the lines of ZF since the new ZF Transmissions have been kicking some ass as of late. Though I'm a pure Allison World fan so I'm torn between the two. As for the seating, let it be something like our NG Hybrids and life will be good!

Now my only question is this, what the hell are we going to have in terms of Transmission specs & seating arrangements?! I'm hoping we get something along the lines of ZF since the new ZF Transmissions have been kicking some ass as of late. Though I'm a pure Allison World fan so I'm torn between the two. As for the seating, let it be something like our NG Hybrids and life will be good!

I'm dying to know as well. In the coming weeks, I will be doing a full story on New Flyer's re-entry to the NYC market. I'm waiting on the contract (B-40641) to be finalized, and I will have the full specs. Stay tuned!!:o

I just hope these C40s still have that unique and unusual bounce their 2000 cousins have. I'll be no good!

Any guess's on who gets the 1st batch

CP

JG

SC

WF

I say it between CP and JG...SC probably will not recieve anymore CNG's and will be removed from CNG altogether once their current fleet has had it....

WF will likely continue to get the Handmedowns from CP and JG...

CP

JG

SC

WF

I say it between CP and JG...SC probably will not recieve anymore CNG's and will be removed from CNG altogether once their current fleet has had it....

WF wont get any new C40LFRs out of this deal, Spring Creek would most likely get some considering that they have a CNG facility.

CP

JG

SC

WF

What are you talking about? A majority of buses at West Farms were fresh out-the-factory Old Gen's. That being said, West Farms doesn't need any new buses at this moment. In addition, I can see Gleason being completely Orion 7 and New Flyer in the future.

There's something else that I'm wondering...is there a possible chance that this order of buses could knock out older buses, whether they are Orion 5 or 7 CNGs to Long Island (if the MTA continues to fund for LI if they can straighten their situation)?

I'm not disrespecting you or anything, I just think that this whole debacle is just very unusual and I'm very skeptical of the situation. I think its just best for all of us just to sit this one out and lets wait to see what comes when it does come.

I'll agree with and share many of Cait Sith's views here to reply to ENY...which was what I was trying to get at in my post. There is a very fine line between posting confirmed information from a reliable source and posting unconfirmed information from the same reliable source and hope it's correct because you can use the "reliable source" excuse. If you aren't sure yourself then it certainly shouldn't be posted at all, which I have seen in a few of ENY's posts today.

I'll agree with and share many of Cait Sith's views here to reply to ENY...which was what I was trying to get at in my post. There is a very fine line between posting confirmed information from a reliable source and posting unconfirmed information from the same reliable source and hope it's correct because you can use the "reliable source" excuse. If you aren't sure yourself then it certainly shouldn't be posted at all, which I have seen in a few of ENY's posts today.

The way I see it, every thing is speculation until it happens. This happens all the time here. Others will post some info that's unconfirmed from a source...that's the way it works in the MTA. When it happens it happens. And we have 135 CNG buses from New Flyer coming in...and THAT'S happening, for sure!

Well, it's in black and white now. I was 200% sure anyway. Earlier this week as a matter of fact. But I wanted to wait for more details. If you knew where I got the info from, you wouldn't have questioned it at all. And it was definitely confirmed info!!!