New Flyer C40LF Archive Thread

East New York

Really, I wasn't questioning this New Flyer order in the second part of my post, but rather that other thread you had started. Never did I call this thread into question. And for the record, I have been told personally by New Flyer's manager of sales and marketing that the LF has been discontinued, if that answers your original inquiry. Granted I could have worded my post a little better at first, but it's what happens when you get 4 hours of sleep....

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can WE STFU and just call it for the Day, Its IN BLACK AND WHITE, the 135 CNG Order is going to NEW FLYER, Me Myself is happy because its something way better than that shit that Orion is currently making, Okay sometimes we get information and we post it, So for all the wanna be smart asses need to get a Fu(*king grip and be happy that (MTA) has made a Deal with New Flyer, Sometimes I think some bus and railfans ask for too much and they think they know what they are talking about, We all Make Mistakes, We are Human April of 2011 we will see Test Buses and By December they should be rolling on the streets.

Okay That being said (MTA) bus is getting them too, I Know College Point is one of the Depots. getting them as well as JG, they already have the same model New Flyers, Keep you eyes open at CP because you never know, By the Fall or Winter you might see C40LF's CNG's (From JG) at CP for Trainning and service so this way this garage would know how to mantain them so when they do come they will be ready to fix them up with the exprience from the older models, They are the same bus the only thing is that They redesigned the bus

Really, I wasn't questioning this New Flyer order in the second part of my post, but rather that other thread you had started. Never did I call this thread into question. And for the record, I have been told personally by New Flyer's manager of sales and marketing that the LF has been discontinued, if that answers your original inquiry. Granted I could have worded my post a little better at first, but it's what happens when you get 4 hours of sleep....

And I am sure you are right to a certain extent. But I also was told from a New Flyer manager and another employee that the bid called for C40LF's. This part of the contract is subject to change, but as of right now.... It's the LF. And as far as the other thread, (as well as this one) I got that from 2 sources. One at New Flyer, and one at Daimler. Can 2 people in high (very high might I add) places be wrong at the same time? Maybe. They are human afterall. Oh' and I forgot about my guy at Nova confirming their part in the talks. But once again, I said MTA is in talks. It was not solid at all, and you all ran wild with it. But back to the subject at hand. Can we please stop cluttering my New Flyer thread with stuff that does not pertain to them winning the CNG order? Please.

I just want to say I'm totally happy about this deal. If it comes down to phasing out the older C40lfs, then it would be fine being these new orders of NF buses. Although I have no problems with the Orion NGs, I don't want to see any more of them. I'd like for there to be a variety in Brooklyn.

As for the seating arrangement, I'm hoping NF keeps the front facing rear seats. Orion never should've caved to the MTA's demand to change the back section.

Any guess's on who gets the 1st batch

CP

JG

SC

WF

I say it between CP and JG...SC probably will not recieve anymore CNG's and will be removed from CNG altogether once their current fleet has had it....

WF will likely continue to get the Handmedowns from CP and JG...

IMO, SC should use its CNG facility to its fullest extent, since setting up a CNG facility in the first place is expensive and it's not wise to just let it go to waste. Their hybrids should go to some other depot and get CNGs in return (but this is my own fantasy, which doesn't matter in the big picture...)

Its good too that they are getting these buses , i wonder would ulmer park get these , would they test out of quill , i know for the next gen hybrids they tested it based out of manhattanville and with the nova lfs bus ulmer pk , 126th & 1 other depot got to test it , & we got to use 4220 from flatbush depot for a day it was on the b1 .

Its good too that they are getting these buses , i wonder would ulmer park get these , would they test out of quill , i know for the next gen hybrids they tested it based out of manhattanville and with the nova lfs bus ulmer pk , 126th & 1 other depot got to test it , & we got to use 4220 from flatbush depot for a day it was on the b1 .

This a topic about New Flyer CNG Buses, They are only going to 3 depots

College Point

Jackie Gleason

Spring Creek

Ulmer Park can't get these...Ulmer Park is not equipped for CNG and there's no talk of upgrading Ulmer Park to CNG anytime soon.

Ulmer Park can't get these...Ulmer Park is not equipped for CNG and there's no talk of upgrading Ulmer Park to CNG anytime soon.

Oh okay , so itll just be the basic cngs depot , like jg , cp , wf and thats it ?

IMO, SC should use its CNG facility to its fullest extent, since setting up a CNG facility in the first place is expensive and it's not wise to just let it go to waste. Their hybrids should go to some other depot and get CNGs in return (but this is my own fantasy, which doesn't matter in the big picture...)

I totally agree, the SC hybrids would probably be better sent to BP and LGA to replace those broken down ex-Bee Line buses. At this rate, it seems the CNG O5s would probably outlast most of those ex-BL O5s.

But for only 2 lines that uses regular buses, there's not many buses they can use. It would be nice if they were to swap some of their express routes with NYCT local routes.

I totally agree, the SC hybrids would probably be better sent to BP and LGA to replace those broken down ex-Bee Line buses. At this rate, it seems the CNG O5s would probably outlast most of those ex-BL O5s.

But for only 2 lines that uses regular buses, there's not many buses they can use. It would be nice if they were to swap some of their express routes with NYCT local routes.

From what I understand, SC's express routes are all MCI, so the CNGs and hybrids are exclusively for local use only. So if the hybrids were sent to, say, LGA (just thinking of a depot off the top of my head), and sent buses to WF in return for some CNGs at SC it would maximize the use of that CNG facility at SC. I don't really see why SC has hybrids to begin with (other than fleet age purposes).

Agreed, I guess they needed them there to replace the then CNG and regular RTSs. [That plus at the time there weren't that many D4500s on the express routes yet.] Now, it would be best to make both lines CNG only. They don't need the hybrids now. Plus the newer MCIs are probably 'enough' to lower the fleet age anyway.

For the sake of this topic, New Flyer already dropped the "LFR" desingnation and reverted back to "LF". The restyled version is now standard. The old designed like C40LF bus we have in Brooklyn is been discontinued. The VIN plate will note its C40LF. BTW, New Flyer Xcelsior does not support CNG fuel, likely choice was C40LF.

For my opinion in this. Im not surpise New Flyer actually bid lower to Orion. It was a battle, New Flyer really wanted the contract to MTA to make up the articulated bus mess and current fleet of artics performance. MTA really thought this to get a cheaper price and save money by Jay Walder's view (yuck). BUT, I am concern about interior of the seats because New Flyer seating capacity space is less then Orion. Im hoping we have more seats instead the layout of 2008-2010 Orion VII hybrids/CNG.

Also note the sound of the bus.... It better be quieter then various types of noises on New Flyer C40LF and the loudest roar outside of a huge diesel garbage truck passed by my home is Orion VII (2002-2004).

According to the document provided by trainspot12, Orion did negotiate with the (MTA), but the board who awards the contract unanimously recommended that contract B-40461 go to New Flyer. Also, it says that they see no reason to open up the solicitations. And if what ENY said about New Flyer approaching (MTA) is true, then Orion didn't stand a chance (ie someone owes you 10 bucks. lol).

Our New Flyer C40LF( R)s will start their pilot testing in April of 2011. All on page 49.

The only other vendor who could have bid was NABI (with a 40LFW CNG); ElDorado would not have touched this order.

If the MTA were smart, it would use the same powertrain that is in the 1700s (Cummins-Allison).

As for who gets the first buses, I think that it will be College Point; maybe Gleason to replace earlier C40LFs. College Point's older buses are in much worse shape. But 581-610 may have to hang on a bit longer than the former NYCDOT units.

There is a very fine line between posting confirmed information from a reliable source and posting unconfirmed information from the same reliable source and hope it's correct because you can use the "reliable source" excuse. If you aren't sure yourself then it certainly shouldn't be posted at all, which I have seen in a few of ENY's posts today.

First, that was some alright shit he pulled out of his ass. Don't you think? Second, last time I checked this was a forum. Where discussions are held. Next time he'll include the maybe just for you... yeah right.

The contract also stated for 90 buses to go to NYCT and the other 45 to go to MTA Bus. I can't see these new buses at West Farms because I really don't think they need them. The Old Gen's there are fine. If anything, Gleason could get all the New Flyers and push the Old Gens to West Farms. Either way there'll still be Old Gens at Gleason but not as many as there are now.

The contract also stated for 90 buses to go to NYCT and the other 45 to go to MTA Bus. I can't see these new buses at West Farms because I really don't think they need them. The Old Gen's there are fine. If anything, Gleason could get all the New Flyers and push the Old Gens to West Farms. Either way there'll still be Old Gens at Gleason but not as many as there are now.

I wouldn't doubt it if all 90 went to JG, and the rest to CP.

The only other vendor who could have bid was NABI (with a 40LFW CNG); ElDorado would not have touched this order

The RFP on the CNG order is stated only manufacturers that the MTA currently run on the fleet. That will be Orion and New Flyer. The one you mention NABI and ElDorado have no chance in this closed bid.

I wouldn't doubt it if all 90 went to JG, and the rest to CP.

I would assume that College Pt gets A Rush on this due to our Making Service ......We ain't making enough due to O/S buses so I'm sure the word is getting passed along for this Order or any buses to get to us ASAP

I would assume that College Pt gets A Rush on this due to our Making Service ......We ain't making enough due to O/S buses so I'm sure the word is getting passed along for this Order or any buses to get to us ASAP

The bulk order of New Flyer C40LF new buses wont be here til 1st quarter of 2012. Earliest arrival is December 2011 a Christmas present.

College Point might get a couple of handme down diesel buses for this short period to support the fleet if that DesignLine bus order ever finishes....

Archived