New Flyer C40LF Archive Thread

East New York

They should just go with the new style. It's what New Flyer's been doing, why change it? If the (MTA) can let Orion change up the OG into the NG, then what's the problem with the new style over the old one where New Flyer's concerned? The (MTA) makes no sense to me at all.

I agree! It makes absolutely no sense to me at all either. Not only that, but the LFR CNG's IMO are the best looking buses on the road! I really hope they work out whatever it is and we get them. I don't want to ride a bus that looks just like the one's we got a decade ago! The only major difference would likely be the powertrain. How boring is that!

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree! It makes absolutely no sense to me at all either. Not only that, but the LFR CNG's IMO are the best looking buses on the road! I really hope they work out whatever it is and we get them. I don't want to ride a bus that looks just like the one's we got a decade ago! The only major difference would likely be the powertrain. How boring is that!

It would be very boring and very stupid but common sense isn't anywhere near the (MTA). I hope the new style comes here but hearing all of this news kinda kills some of the excitement I had with this new order.

It would be very boring and very stupid but common sense isn't anywhere near the (MTA). I hope the new style comes here but hearing all of this news kinda kills some of the excitement I had with this new order.

You can say that again! MTA can really be a buzz kill sometime. My most disappointing moment was when they canceled the order for the hybrid RTS. I think the TA could use some brand new diesel RTS'. It would be just the order MTS would need to resume production, and the TA could replace the aging RTS' and O5's with another high floor.

You can say that again! MTA can really be a buzz kill sometime. My most disappointing moment was when they canceled the order for the hybrid RTS. I think the TA could use some brand new diesel RTS'. It would be just the order MTS would need to resume production, and the TA could replace the aging RTS' and O5's with another high floor.

I would so love to see a new RTS on the streets of NYC but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

They will be EXACTLY like the current C40LF's at Gleason. Externally they will look virtually the same.

That sucks. I really like the new NF look. I didn't know a desin change had to be approved by a state, no other transit system in NY has new NF's?

I think it would be best to wait and see what it is, things change in a fly so who knows what the outcome will be.

I have to agree, we got until 2011 to find out lets just chill relax and enjoy the buses that those New Flyers are replacing.

I want the (MTA) to get whatever we can get. I don't want us to be limited to 1, 2 or 3 things. If we were able to work with NABI or any other company that doesn't do business with us, I'd be excited. The fact that Nova and New Flyer are back in our corner is super exciting and I hope the (MTA) doesn't get in their own way in working with them and any other bus manufacterer.

• 2 weeks later...

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Bringing this thread back to life: so what is the status on these demo buses that's suposed to be built is are they going with the LF or LFR model design?

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Bringing this thread back to life: so what is the status on these demo buses that's suposed to be built is are they going with the LF or LFR model design?

From what I understand, It's still the LF. but I'm hoping and praying for the LFR. I should have an update this week.

Archived