Why so many young adults more than ever still live with their parents?

Shortline Bus

Just a simple question. Why are more than ever in NYC and across America Why so many young adults more than ever still live with their parents?

The answer is of course money but I am more want to know what is it like for young adults were often expected to leave home by age 21 (unless of course they had serious medical problems)to live with Mom/Dad or Family now well into their 30's and even beyond?

To be Frank , I had no choice but to live alone after my Mom passed

I was 19 and had to make A very important switch in my life and that was to either go to the Family or Man up and do what ever it took to pay the Rent

So I did just that and let me say this , Living on your own makes you highly Respected and braces you for what might come if you want to start A Family of your own .

Man I miss all the woman I had over and the ones that stayed over night

I for one will tell any and all young Men to get this going and leave your parents to live the rest of their live .

Keep in touch by all means but really do you and the Reward is A man' s world that anything goes with the ladies and when you get home from work you don't have no one to bug you if you don't wanna be bothered but since I lived this live before I can say only try it out for awhile but if you are looking for the family life then 5-10 yrs so when you do get married all those women you had before will be A very nice Memory to look back on for your Man I TudeHolla .

Damn do I miss those girls sigh

To be Frank , I had no choice but to live alone after my Mom passed

I was 19 and had to make A very important switch in my life and that was to either go to the Family or Man up and do what ever it took to pay the Rent

So I did just that and let me say this , Living on your own makes you highly Respected and braces you for what might come if you want to start A Family of your own .

Man I miss all the woman I had over and the ones that stayed over night

I for one will tell any and all young Men to get this going and leave your parents to live the rest of their live .

Keep in touch by all means but really do you and the Reward is A man' s world that anything goes with the ladies and when you get home from work you don't have no one to bug you if you don't wanna be bothered but since I lived this live before I can say only try it out for awhile but if you are looking for the family life then 5-10 yrs so when you do get married all those women you had before will be A very nice Memory to look back on for your Man I TudeHolla .

Damn do I miss those girls sigh

Thanks KR for great points. A personal question? Does any single Young adults especially the men over age 21 have issues when they tell any ladies they dating they live w/ "Mom & Dad' or other siblings?B)

Thanks KR for great points. A personal question? Does any single Young adults especially the men over age 21 have issues when they tell any ladies they dating they live w/ "Mom & Dad' or other siblings?:o

I would say this and this goes for any of the guys in here listening

These guys out here always act retarted around woman

you never hiss at A girl or say Yo Shorty or wuuzzup bitch

Women hate that , You ain't gettin none that way

You have to have Game but in A way that shows the woman that you are respectful to her .

You would always Comment her on some key things like her hair looking nice , Tell her you look stunning today and hope you have A nice day , It all depends on that look of the eyes

We well most Men know when A girl looks , We see the eyes and if your good that should be all you need to start the short Convo on her

Compliment her but don't be Corny guys

As for living witu Mom that all depends on the Girl

some dont mind if you know you aint staying for the rest of your life and some women wont even give you tue time of day but hey you never know so dont give up guys plenty of Out there.

With so many women out there we have the Advant

So having said that let me say this , (W)omen are very cunning and Intuitive they already know what might do so take notes .

You can start A convo on A bus stop line

or A Train Platform shut I know I see the routine everyday be the same , The same faces , The same lady that gets on at so and so stop it's all about timing guys Timing is key .

With thisHeat well Good luck cuz Im not one for the Extreme heat ,However it brings all the Mini skirts and short dresses out Thank God for that right

O one more thing peeps you will get hurt by somebroad but that is what you need to be stronger in life towards women for tue future so Good Luck and hey if ya need some women advice feel free to PM me and I will try to get you the Advice ypu need to that them draws

Now .....Are you Ready....DX

I would say this and this goes for any of the guys in here listening

These guys out here always act retarted around woman

you never hiss at A girl or say Yo Shorty or wuuzzup bitch

Women hate that , You ain't gettin none that way

You have to have Game but in A way that shows the woman that you are respectful to her .

You would always Comment her on some key things like her hair looking nice , Tell her you look stunning today and hope you have A nice day , It all depends on that look of the eyes

We well most Men know when A girl looks , We see the eyes and if your good that should be all you need to start the short Convo on her

Compliment her but don't be Corny guys

As for living witu Mom that all depends on the Girl

some dont mind if you know you aint staying for the rest of your life and some women wont even give you tue time of day but hey you never know so dont give up guys plenty of Out there.

With so many women out there we have the Advant

So having said that let me say this , (W)omen are very cunning and Intuitive they already know what might do so take notes .

You can start A convo on A bus stop line

or A Train Platform shut I know I see the routine everyday be the same , The same faces , The same lady that gets on at so and so stop it's all about timing guys Timing is key .

With thisHeat well Good luck cuz Im not one for the Extreme heat ,However it brings all the Mini skirts and short dresses out Thank God for that right

O one more thing peeps you will get hurt by somebroad but that is what you need to be stronger in life towards women for tue future so Good Luck and hey if ya need some women advice feel free to PM me and I will try to get you the Advice ypu need to that them draws

Now .....Are you Ready....DX

KR you hit this right on the money. Im 21 and Im living on my own now and man its great. Me and my girl are having problems so im going to just do me and let the girls flow in and out. Now my mom helped me get the house down in Egg Harbor and once I started fully working with NJ Transit I was left on my own to make all of the bills and every thing. My mom paid everything 1st month in advanced to get my started on my own. gave me time to bank all of that money from transit in the 1st month. One thing I can say living on your own is the best thing ever. I can go in and out when I please and bring ladies in whenever I want. Dont get me wrong I know my limits. At the end of the day I have bills that need to be paid. It was hard as hell the 2nd month but after that it got easier and it really taught me how to manage my money correctly now I have tons of money to just spend on whatever the hell I want but I choose to save it but im saving for a Benz S500.

As for the ladies all that yo baby yo shit for any guy needs to throw that shit into the trash. A simple hi how you doing can do that job but you need to also know how to start a convo and show her you know how to treat a female with respect.

I'm with (K)®'s post 110%. Most boys in my school have no respect for girls/women and caterogize them as "bitches". All they ever want in a girl is a "fat ass" and "big titts". It's like they think females were put on earth for one reason only...to pleasure them. :o

guys let not get too off topic. Again just asking what is like for young adults mainly around ages 21-35 and even older to still live w/ their parents?

The issue of dating and how 'boys treat girls' in school these days is another topic?

Unless you're taking very good care of your parents and helping them out with the bills, telling a woman you still live with your parents tends to raise a red flag. Same goes for gay dating I've heard. If you're still living at home in your 20s and 30s there had better be a very good reason for it else it doesn't look good for you.

Well times have surely changed and most of us need all the support we can get now that we have have screwed ourselves with the recession. I've barely scored myself a temporary part-time job recently and so far it's great, hopefully one day I can score a full-time gig and finally move out and live on my own.

And on a related note, I was raised to be respectful towards others, especially women. Females are the ones who go through the nine months of pain and discomfort only to spend another eternity on the hospital bed squeezing us males out- and for that you have to show some respect.

Unless you're taking very good care of your parents and helping them out with the bills, telling a woman you still live with your parents tends to raise a red flag. Same goes for gay dating I've heard. If you're still living at home in your 20s and 30s there had better be a very good reason for it else it doesn't look good for you.

Thank You Urban.:tup: That was the only connection I had in mind in commenting between "dating' and man/woman relationships and adults especially younger ones living w/ the 'folks' i had in mind.

Sad but true fair or not but it's much more accepted for a young woman to live with their parents than it is for a young man as an adult.

Thank You Urban.:tup: That was the only connection I had in mind in commenting between "dating' and man/woman relationships and adults especially younger ones living w/ the 'folks' i had in mind.

Sad but true fair or not but it's much more accepted for a young woman to live with their parents than it is for a young man as an adult.

Because women are more inclined to being responsible while still living at home. Most guys I know that still live with their parents are lazy selfish pigs. Their parents care too much for them to throw them out as well.

Because women are more inclined to being responsible while still living at home. Most guys I know that still live with their parents are lazy selfish pigs. Their parents care too much for them to throw them out as well.

Yup, my mom babied my older brother for years and in 2007 he was older than 30 and it was time for him to get the hell out.

I explained it. we own a multi apartment building and my family (my late father, my mother, my sister, my grandmother and myself) have been the only residents since the late 90s. I moved into my current space the summer before the 8th grade, when I was 13.

works for me. thats awesome though.

I explained it. we own a multi apartment building and my family (my late father, my mother, my sister, my grandmother and myself) have been the only residents since the late 90s. I moved into my current space the summer before the 8th grade, when I was 13.

A teen best dream coming true. Their own 'crib' before hitting age 21.:o

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Living alone has its perks. I'm 20 and have my own apartment (in my aunts' building but its my own floor nevertheless lol) and it has its perks. I've been away from my mother since I was 18 (she kicked me out after a rent dispute) and I'm making it by a day at a time.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Living alone has its perks. I'm 20 and have my own apartment (in my aunts' building but its my own floor nevertheless lol) and it has its perks. I've been away from my mother since I was 18 (she kicked me out after a rent dispute) and I'm making it by a day at a time.

Your own mother kicked you out? Thats a killer. Taking it a day @ a time is how I take it. You never want to live in the future.

Young adults still live with their parents for several reasons, I think it's not only money or the availability for affordable housing. I think it's more of a bond that the young adult has with his or her parent(s). Some people live with their parents as adults for a long time and in most cases that has become beneficial. I think that in some cases when the parents aren't able to function on their own, (due to cases such as an illness), this becomes more reason why young adults stay with them, to take care of them and check on how they are. The young adults do run errands for them too.

Whether you think staying with your parents as an adult is just outright weird or not, that's your opinion, but I am trying to state my case right here.

You need to make at least 36k after taxes to live alone in this country, not including car related costs. How many jobs start you at that, and since ronnie reagan, there has been a large erosion of working class in this country, so now there are well off and up, or in debt to totally poverty stricken & homeless, nothing in between. Not to mention the economy has been out of control for 25 years, political instability, insurance costs & food costs have been going up steadily since the 70's. Everything is upside down & inside out. Education isn't worth what it once was, need a degree for just about anything these days, and who has the money for that.

I can tell you with certainty, the same forces that saw the downfall of the us railroad industry is what lead us to where we are today.

- A

MattTrain, you touched on what I was goin to bring up...

I could have sworn dude made a thread asking the same exact question before.... that's why I was reluctant to initially responding to it... Regardless though, my one word answer to this question (outside of monetary issues), was/is...

Security.

You get what you give back....

While you're young, your parents are there to protect you...

When they get older, you (should) be there to protect your parents....

nowadays, you get people so quick to throw their 'folks in some nursing home, where they're treated like shit....

speaking of which, I wonder which occurs more - parents dumping their newborn babies (well, period), but specifically, off to some adoption agency/foster care.... or young / middle-aged adults dumping their parents in a nursing home....

...and as for those that are talking about female issues....

When I was livin with my mother, I still got women to come to the crib.... I just got tired of bringing them over 2/3 in the mornin (of course, this wasn't the ONLY reason for me to want to have my own spot)... To the women that were standoff-ish when I told them I lived with my moms, those were the ones I charged to the game, and kept it movin....

Now that I'm by myself, you'd be surprised at how many women (all of a sudden) that wanna flock your way... it's like they can smell/sense that shit.... but guess what, I can smell/sense some broad that think they're gonna get w/ me, waltz into my spot & call themselves tryna take over shit... nah anhh... NOT happenin.

I personally know of 4 dudes that that's happened to... 2 of them are in abusive relationships...

3 of the 4 dudes I'm talkin about, simply got their own place, due to some simp-tastic shit... "Manning up", so to speak (hate that term btw)... now these mofo's are DEPENDENT on some broad to pay for rent & utilities...

Where they were perfectly fine "back home"...

I swear to god this simpin age has gotten out of hand....

I'll stop here, don't want to get too far off topic.....

Security.

You get what you give back....

While you're young, your parents are there to protect you...

When they get older, you (should) be there to protect your parents....

nowadays, you get people so quick to throw their 'folks in some nursing home, where they're treated like shit....

Couldnt have said that any better! I make sure I call my mom everyday. And when im not working I find myself up in Long Island visiting her and since im off of work until Aug 3rd im up here until then. I will never put my mother in a nursing home. if she falls sick I will take care of her. Mothers do not deserve that. They spent all of there time to lead there kids in life and protect there kids and its time to return that favor. Now my dad now I would throw his ass in a nursing home!

Archived