The Original Test Fleet Discussion

East New York

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has now been confirmed, and I can say with cofidence that plans call for all 3 manufacturers to supply 90 buses each to the MTA! I already had comfirmation about Nova, and Orion, and I was waiting for New Flyer to confirm. So there it is! All 3 have now confirmed their part in the deal! Executives from all 3 will head to NYC next month to finalize the deal, and get the specs! 90+90+90= an unprecedented 270 buses!!! This is about to be so much fun! History is being made as we speak!

This is crazy stuff right here. East New York, you were on point about the New Flyer order and I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt about the 270 buses from the 3 bus companies. Thanks for sharing what you are able to share with us. The truth will all come out and whatever it is, I look forward to it all.

I am waiting for a concrete proof either from a highly repuatable MTA employee who post on this or other forums or MTA PR or any good document from MTA stated that "270 test bus order". As other said, it has lots of holes especially 3 manufactors agree to MTA for a 90 each bus order. It is reall unheard of in the transit agency or even outside of North America. It still is uncomfirmed at this point. Not that I doubt this information but I have the feeling this information may not be "270 test order" at all.

I am waiting for a concrete proof either from a highly repuatable MTA employee who post on this or other forums or MTA PR or any good document from MTA stated that "270 test bus order". As other said, it has lots of holes especially 3 manufactors agree to MTA for a 90 each bus order. It is reall unheard of in the transit agency or even outside of North America. It still is uncomfirmed at this point. Not that I doubt this information but I have the feeling this information may not be "270 test order" at all.

I may be unconfirmed to you! But this is the plan as it stands now! I now have gotten the exact same info from Nova, Flyer, Orion, and now The MTA. So if all the details are worked out, there will be 270 buses coming. Next year IIRC. With the first coming from Nova this year.

^ But it is still speculated. It is still uncomfirmed report by you. If the info comes from internal and have not made in public then there is some kind of reason why it is not out in public.

This is only 1 of about 6 stories I have reported here before they went public. It's still speculated by you all. I know, MTA Brass knows, and the 3 manufactures involved knows. So maybe you shouldn't post anymore until the details go public. Then you won't have to speculate anymore!!:cool:

This is only 1 of about 6 stories I have reported here before they went public. It's still speculated by you all. I know, MTA Brass knows, and the 3 manufactures involved knows. So maybe you shouldn't post anymore until the details go public. Then you won't have to speculate anymore!!:cool:

1 of the 6 stories you post was dead wrong before the announcement the winner bid .... I believe you the one who broke the story back in March that Orion was the winner of the 135 CNG bus order....

So lets get back to the NG news. Today Orion and the TA are hosting a ribbon cuting ceremony at the Oriskany facility to highlight the delivery of all the NG's. MTA is also set to awarded a new order to Orion for 135 additional NG's, with options for a further 475!!! 4701-4835??
(link: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=241883&postcount=1098)

2 months later:

vxi4p4.png[/Quote]

Now, you reveal the correct winner of the 135 bus order goes to New Flyer couple of days ago.

There is a good strategy called wait and see approach... Just stating the facts like it or not that some info should not be reveal until it is really correct....

There is a good strategy called wait and see approach... Just stating the facts like it or not that some info should not be reveal until it is really correct....

Because you said so, please. If you can't handle the discussion see your way out of it. Simple. Is it hurting you that bad to see this discussion happening? Forget it, don't answer that one.

Because you said so, please. If you can't handle the discussion see your way out of it. Simple. Is it hurting you that bad to see this discussion happening? Forget it, don't answer that one.

No, you getting the wrong idea here. Vintage Soul made a very good point in that particular post that I agree with this concern. I am certain there is info about this. I'm ok if I am wrong.

1 of the 6 stories you post was dead wrong before the announcement the winner bid .... I believe you the one who broke the story back in March that Orion was the winner of the 135 CNG bus order....

2 months later:

Now, you reveal the correct winner of the 135 bus order goes to New Flyer couple of days ago.

Not really! At the time MTA was set to award the order to Orion before New Flyer got in the game! So before you go quoting my posts, make sure you read them in their entirety! And that wasn't one of the stories I was talking about either! Where does it say Orion won anything? Don't put words in my mouth. That wasn't even a story! I was a simple statement about the plans at the time! Which we have already stated plenty of time can change when dealing with the MTA. Get over yourself! Lol!

Not really! At the time MTA was set to award the order to Orion before New Flyer got in the game! So before you go quoting my posts, make sure you read them in their entirety! And that wasn't one of the stories I was talking about either! Where does it say Orion won anything? Don't put words in my mouth. That wasn't even a story! I was a simple statement about the plans at the time! Which we have already stated plenty of time can change when dealing with the MTA. Get over yourself! Lol!

But you wrote: "MTA is also set to awarded a new order to Orion for 135 additional NG's, with options for a further 475!!! 4701-4835??". I did not read or quote it wrong?

I am not holding against you. There some people like me that are skeptical about your post on the information. With more on going discussion like this, we'll soon find out it a lot things since the first post.

But you wrote: "MTA is also set to awarded a new order to Orion for 135 additional NG's, with options for a further 475!!! 4701-4835??". I did not read or quote it wrong?

I am not holding against you. There some people like me that are skeptical about your post on the information. With more on going discussion like this, we'll soon find out it a lot things since the first post.

You specifically said I said they won the order, which I did not! Who give's a flying f*** anyway? If Flyer had not got in the game, it would have went to Orion by default. I already said I'm human, have been wrong before, and will most likely be wrong again one day! Get over it please! I don't give a damn about anybody being skeptical! That's a part of life!

You specifically said I said they won the order, which I did not! Who give's a flying f*** anyway? If Flyer had not got in the game, it would have went to Orion by default. I already said I'm human, have been wrong before, and will most likely be wrong again one day! Get over it please! I don't give a damn about anybody being skeptical! That's a part of life!

What a pretty replied. I leave on that particular discussion, preventing further ruin this thread already.

I do not yet have confirmation about New Flyer, but Orion will make a visit to the MTA in August to get the specs for the 90 Orion 3G's that will definitely be coming to the city in short order. NovaBUS is also working out a deal for their 90 diesel buses that will also be delivered. I am not sure how this will fit into the capital plan, but the buses are coming! I should have some information about New Flyer, and their part in the deal very soon!

Orion has gone back to just calling them VII's they have dropped the NG from them so they arent called 3G's either

Orion has gone back to just calling them VII's they have dropped the NG from them so they arent called 3G's either

Correct! Also note what you just said. The new Orion VII's are only known internally known as 3G's.

1.) OG, 2.) NG, 3.) New Style EPA 2010 VII = 3G!

I really wish you would stop rubbing it in!!!:cry:

Man, I'm gonna miss those Orion 5s for sure! They're my favorites out of the entire bus fleet and it'll be a sad day when they retire.

Oh yes it will be! And check this out...

This has been the most entertaining week of my life! I can't wait till all this goes public, so everybody can just STFU! Not that I really give a damn about what anyone has to say about me anyway.... Never have, and NEVER will. I just can't stop laughing! I guess I really made it when I am the topic of discussion on almost every transit site on the web! I love it! Wait till September! You all think this is crazy? Some of you think I am crazy?? Ya'll haven't seen, heard, or read ANYTHING yet!! I want to tell the goods soooooooooo bad, but i'm sworn to secrecy! I would comment on his post, but he'll see it here! After a hard day's work, I can always count on the the "Transit World" to lift my spirits whenever I am down!! Harry, I don't think they are ready for September! We may have to call FDNY EMS to revive a few people!! LMFAO!!!!

That guy has an axe to grind with this place yet he still posts stuff from here over on subchat. Don't bother with him. I don't even try to understand what his deal is with hating this place and always putting it down.

That guy has an axe to grind with this place yet he still posts stuff from here over on subchat. Don't bother with him. I don't even try to understand what his deal is with hating this place and always putting it down.

That was yesterday's news!

All I want to know is when the hell do we get 270 buses!!?? I need for September to be here so I can stop pulling my hair out! Orions 3G's, Nova LFS Diesels, and Flyer Allison Hybrids will definitely take my mind off of RTS' for a minute!

• 3 weeks later...
I guess eny was right I'm here at zerega and there's a diesel orion 7 ng here parked in front.

Thanks for that post! I'm waiting on a phone call as I type this! It's a diesel??????? WTF??? I was told the EPA 2010 3G hybrids were coming before the diesels. This is interesting........ Is it in MTA colors, or white?

Archived