The Original Test Fleet Discussion

East New York

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok. I just got a minor update. The bus at Zerega is an Orion 7 3G hybrid. It's not a diesel. 1 down, and 89 to go! It has begun! I will have more updates later on this evening.

Whhhhaaaaattttttt??????

I didn't even know 3G hybrids were coming. I wonder where they're heading.

Ok. I just got a minor update. The bus at Zerega is an Orion 7 3G hybrid. It's not a diesel. 1 down, and 89 to go! It has begun! I will have more updates later on this evening.

That's what I meant its a epa 2010 hybrid. I walked up to it to actually see what it said. That bus looks real good though.

That's what I meant its a epa 2010 hybrid. I walked up to it to actually see what it said. That bus looks real good though.

I'm dying to know what the number is..... PLEASE tell me you got it!! 4703 perhaps???

This is Great! S houd we expect to see the Novabus, and New flyers REAL soon too?

If nothing has changed, the Nova LFS should be next on the list! Then comes the Flyers!!

I'm dying to know what the number is..... PLEASE tell me you got it!! 4703 perhaps???

If nothing has changed, the Nova LFS should be next on the list! Then comes the Flyers!!

It was a promotional bus it wasn't in mta livery. It was green I took a pic of it with my cell phone but I don't have internet access to post it.

Is this bus gonna be here tomorrow? , Anybody going to see it?

Yes it will be here for a few days. I'm still waiting on word of the status of this bus. Is it just a demo? Is it the pilot? I think it may be both a demo, and may return as part of the order. I will know all the details soon. However, I do know for a fact that this is the demonstrator for the pending order of 90 buses which will begin production sometime soon.

Yes it will be here for a few days. I'm still waiting on word of the status of this bus. Is it just a demo? Is it the pilot? I think it may be both a demo, and may return as part of the order. I will know all the details soon. However, I do know for a fact that this is the demonstrator for the pending order of 90 buses which will begin production sometime soon.

It is only a demo. That bus, called "Sales 1" has toured a number of transit agencies and has been displayed at conferences.

E

Looks like those guys at subchat should have never doubted you

Looks like those guys at subchat should have never doubted you

To hell with SubChat!!! A certain unibrowed freak of nature got me kicked off that board back in December and I couldn't have cared less about what goes on over there since.*

*At least, a majority of the time :o

Ok, so here it is. The bus is just a demo for the pending order. It will be here for a few days, and executives from Orion will also be coming to the city to discuss the evaluation results of the bus with MTA officials. At that time, they will finalize the deal for the 90 3G's, go over the specs for the new buses, and soon start on bus #1 of the order. At this time it is still unclear if the MTA will demo the new bus, or go ahead with the pilot from the new order. I will have more details after Orion execs. meet with MTA execs. in the coming days.

That guy has an axe to grind with this place yet he still posts stuff from here over on subchat. Don't bother with him. I don't even try to understand what his deal is with hating this place and always putting it down.

They usually sign up here with different handles and join in the conversations like nothing happen. Like shit is sweet. It's been going on ever since I launched this place back in 2007. We don't pay any attention to them anyway.

Archived