The Original Test Fleet Discussion

East New York

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess we will just have to wait and see then. Because to be truthfully honest, you can't say the MTA will never order another RTS.

How sure you know MTA is ordering RTS again? Chances: NONE.

And when I referenced New Flyer, it was because the TA said they were done with New Flyer.

Done with New Flyer? They been together buying parts ever since the last artic order end.

And the failed NJT deal had nothing to do with any contract. So until you know for sure yourself, there is no need in you making a definitive statement. You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes right now. And you have no place to speak on behalf of the major TA's in the country. When the time comes, we will see exactly what happens. Although, I could pretty much tell you how that scenario will play out.

What you wrote makes no sense at all. I am not a spokesperson for all TA across the world. You can have the job if you want since you really owned it with your claim. It bothers you that you dont like what I post thats ok. Its only a discussion board that is watch by lots of people to see some info.

How sure you know MTA is ordering RTS again? Chances: NONE.

I'm not sure about anything, but I would be willing to bet my bottom dollar that they will at least demo the low floor.

Done with New Flyer? They been together buying parts ever since the last artic order end.

Common sense would tell anyone that they would still get parts from them! After the mess with the failed D40HF/LF attempt, the TA said they were not ordering from New Flyer anymore.

What you wrote makes no sense at all. I am not a spokesperson for all TA across the world. You can have the job if you want since you really owned it with your claim. It bothers you that you dont like what I post thats ok. Its only a discussion board that is watch by lots of people to see some info.

It's not that at all. I am always up for a debate, and I have no problem with what you post. I just try to get my point across, and people love to jump on me about things that nobody else can confirm, so they say that these things are unlikely to happen. I have been doing this for 21 years. No exaggeration at all. I love all things MTA, and I enjoy sharing the information with others, who enjoy it as much as I do. I don't have to do this at all. Let's make no mistake about it.

Examples of the 2 posts I was called out on the most:

-MTA will award the CNG order to New Flyer.

-MTA is about to test 270 buses from 3 different manufacturers.

So far I'm batting 1000! I've been wrong about some things before, and it will likely happen again. I know the RTS thing is a bit much for many to comprehend, but so was New Flyer, and 270 test buses from 3 different companies. So while you keep telling me what you know will likely NOT happen, go back, start from the first post in this thread, and enjoy that ride!

I'm starting to believe the only reason you press some issues is because you really want me to get hot under the collar, and give up ALL the 411 on how I know these things, and where I get them....

It's not that at all. I am always up for a debate, and I have no problem with what you post. I just try to get my point across, and people love to jump on me about things that nobody else can confirm, so they say that these things are unlikely to happen. I have been doing this for 21 years. No exaggeration at all. I love all things MTA, and I enjoy sharing the information with others, who enjoy it as much as I do. I don't have to do this at all. Let's make no mistake about it.

Examples of the 2 posts I was called out on the most:

-MTA will award the CNG order to New Flyer.

-MTA is about to test 270 buses from 3 different manufacturers.

So far I'm batting 1000! I've been wrong about some things before, and it will likely happen again. I know the RTS thing is a bit much for many to comprehend, but so was New Flyer, and 270 test buses from 3 different companies. So while you keep telling me what you know will likely NOT happen, go back, start from the first post in this thread, and enjoy that ride!

I'm starting to believe the only reason you press some issues is because you really want me to get hot under the collar, and give up ALL the 411 on how I know these things, and where I get them....

If we cant question or respond to your info... why bother making a post to discuss even it turns to a heated discussion that nobody likes but still chime in to it?

BTW, thanks for repeating again for posting that upcoming bus order all over this section of the forum. Info never gets old.

If we cant question or respond to your info... why bother making a post to discuss even it turns to a heated discussion that nobody likes but still chime in to it?

BTW, thanks for repeating again for posting that upcoming bus order all over this section of the forum. Info never gets old.

LOL! There is a difference in a heated discussion, and a constant declaration of what one says is not going to happen. I will admit that I have been guilty of that myself. You can question or respond to whatever you want. Now whether or not we are all in agreement is a different story, which is likely to happen from time to time. But you my friend are very argumentative. That's not always a bad thing either, but you go overtime with it. There is a way to do everything. If you tried being a little more tactful, the way I respond to your posts would change, and we would not even be wasting space in my thread having this off-topic discussion. If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to send me a PM. If you would like to post more on-topic, then go right ahead. But this particular discussion ends publicly right now. Thanks.

Now back to these 270 buses........

ENY - I greatly appreciate your time and effort in all of your posts - especially the test bus fleet, and the possibility of a new RTS order. You clearly have very credible sources. As a 60 year old who has been a transit fan since the age of 3, I hope you continue your great work. Long live the RTS!

LOL! There is a difference in a heated discussion, and a constant declaration of what one says is not going to happen. I will admit that I have been guilty of that myself. You can question or respond to whatever you want. Now whether or not we are all in agreement is a different story, which is likely to happen from time to time. But you my friend are very argumentative. That's not always a bad thing either, but you go overtime with it. There is a way to do everything. If you tried being a little more tactful, the way I respond to your posts would change, and we would not even be wasting space in my thread having this off-topic discussion. If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to send me a PM. If you would like to post more on-topic, then go right ahead. But this particular discussion ends publicly right now. Thanks.

Now back to these 270 buses........

Seriously, do you really need to work up because just a couple people will grill your post. I mean if you getting defensive, thats fine without repeat it. It happens every day in this forum and not just this topic.

Regardless of who wins the award, those 270 buses will stay in the city, right?

Looking at MTA's Budget in 2010, City. LIB sad to say no.

ENY - I greatly appreciate your time and effort in all of your posts - especially the test bus fleet, and the possibility of a new RTS order. You clearly have very credible sources. As a 60 year old who has been a transit fan since the age of 3, I hope you continue your great work. Long live the RTS!

Thank you! I will continue to do it as long as I can.

Regardless of who wins the award, those 270 buses will stay in the city, right?

Yes, the future test fleet will be here until at least 2023. I still can't wait to find out which depots they will end up at.

Seriously, do you really need to work up because just a couple people will grill your post.

It's one thing to grill a post when you know it is incorrect information. But the funny thing is that you don't even know yourself. So you're just grilling posts because one, you feel like it and you want to be a clown, or two, you actually know for sure (which I seriously doubt), from your inside contacts what was posted isn't going to happen.

You really shouldn't be grilling anyone on here especially when it comes to inside information. Keep doing that on that other transit message board and not here. I'm sure ENY won't/doesn't mind you posting his inside information over there.

And remember, just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean shit.

Quick question about the Allison Transmissions with these orders, B400R or the new Allison GEN IV Transmissions?

You know what, that's a really good question! The Orion specs will be finalized today, so I will know this weekend. Don't quote me, but I believe the Nova will have the the B400R. They (all 90) will also have disk brakes like the 15 O7's.

You know what, that's a really good question! The Orion specs will be finalized today, so I will know this weekend. Don't quote me, but I believe the Nova will have the the B400R. They (all 90) will also have disk brakes like the 15 O7's.

I wouldnt be surprised if they were B400R, I would love to see the new Allison transmission come into play.

Im guessing the engine is a Cummins ISL?

Quick question about the Allison Transmissions with these orders, B400R or the new Allison GEN IV Transmissions?

All manufactures offering Allison offer the B400R. GEN IV is the transmission's electronics not a transmission itself.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I bet the ZF buses will go to ulmerpk and the others will go to manhattan. But i would like to see something besides a 07og at fp and the RTS are great.

Gotta be, the ISM from what I understand no longer is made for buses.

yea i had a feeling, since Orion no longer carries the option for Detroit Diesel engines, so basically its gonna sound like the NG CNGs.

or like TTC's 8100

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I bet the ZF buses will go to ulmerpk and the others will go to manhattan. But i would like to see something besides a 07og at fp and the RTS are great.

I think the ZF's should go to 126th Street because they already have the ZF artics.

yea i had a feeling, since Orion no longer carries the option for Detroit Diesel engines, so basically its gonna sound like the NG CNGs.

or like TTC's 8100

Detroit Diesel doesn't offer engines at all anymore for non-express transit applications.

Archived