The Original Test Fleet Discussion

East New York

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They reversed their decision. However Prevost has not yet indicated wether they will be offering the DD13 in their buses. MCI has plans to though.

Right. The Volvo D13 is what it's looking like as of right now. I know Detroit Diesel wants to offer the DD13, but I don't know how that will play out.

I wonder if this will be a 75-15 split option order like the standard coaches?

So it appears that we have a total of 4 more "90" projects in order. We are a go for the remainder of the DesignLine order, and we have Orion, New Flyer, and the next express bus order, which at this time appears to be coming in the first half of 2011.

A lot has changed, and things have been shuffled up a bit since I created this post a few months ago. At that time most all details around this test program were sketchy. All I could confirm was the first 270. I was hearing there could possibly be more, but I didn't have enough details to make a definitive post. Now I am getting the beginning stage details of the next wave of buses set to come in.:cool:

I am being told the MTA is now working on a deal to receive both 40 and 60 foot models from New Flyer!!! Can't wait to see how that plays out!!!:P

I am also being told that the next express bus order will most likely be awarded to MCI as expected.

So the question is....... Which of these contracts will we be awarding next month??? :eek:

Thanks ENY for keeping us in the loop!

The next couple of years are gonna be awesome as far as Surface Ops is concerned. And I'm glad to see the MTA is not putting all their eggs in one basket as far as manufacturers.

And I'm glad to see that MCI is in the running for the next order of express coaches. I was under the impression that relations between the MTA and MCI wasn't so hot after the "CT" debacle.

Thanks ENY for keeping us in the loop!

The next couple of years are gonna be awesome as far as Surface Ops is concerned. And I'm glad to see the MTA is not putting all their eggs in one basket as far as manufacturers.

And I'm glad to see that MCI is in the running for the next order of express coaches. I was under the impression that relations between the MTA and MCI wasn't so hot after the "CT" debacle.

No problem. I actually hope Vanhool gets that order though. That would be hot! We only need 90 more in 2011.

I am also being told that the next express bus order will most likely be awarded to MCI as expected.

Any idea how many buses total will be ordered? Between these and the Prevost test buses, I am excited to see some new metal on our streets.

How they plan to pay for this all is something I don't care to think about lol

As of right now, I am being told the MTA is looking into the possibility of accepting a NABI, as well as a New Flyer Xcelsior to demo in revenue service. I am also being told that the New Flyer model will be equipped with the GM Allison hybrid system that was originally supposed to be powering the 90 test buses. More to come soon! MTA may chose to test an Xcelsior diesel as well. We shall see!

NABI?...NO!!! The MTA would chew them up and spit them out with their rules,wants and needs.I think IMO someone was complaining about Orion sucking up orders and subpar bus quality.Im an Orion foamer I admit,but its time to move on and let others eat too.:tup:

Nova Bus and Designline shall provide the competition for Orion.

As of right now, I am being told the MTA is looking into the possibility of accepting a NABI, as well as a New Flyer Xcelsior to demo in revenue service. I am also being told that the New Flyer model will be equipped with the GM Allison hybrid system that was originally supposed to be powering the 90 test buses. More to come soon! MTA may chose to test an Xcelsior diesel as well. We shall see!

FOR REAL???!!!! Whoa this is just getting more and more exciting!!! I can't wait to see where all of this goes. And the New Flyer Xcelsior?!!! I've heard a lot of good things about this bus and we may test this thing out? Pure hotness! Thank you ENY!

Dang.....how bad are those orions that they have to try something from all the other companies in all models?

Here in Boston, the MBTA has around 300 NABI 40LFW built 2003-04. They rode pretty well for the first couple of years or so. Now, they ride like the AM Generals - for those of you not familiar with that brand manufactured in the late 70s - they were probably the worst transit bus ever made. I hope for MTA riders sake, NABI has improved.

Yesterday, the TA had a conference call with Orion to discuss the specs for 15 of the new buses. At this time, the details are still being worked out, and a final decision has yet to be made. I am being told that specs for 75 of the buses has now been finalized. It is still unknown if this order will be awarded next month, or if it will slip into 2011.

The TA is also in active discussions with New Flyer about their order as a whole. This order will also be split into a 75-15 like the others as well. I was told that the specs for this order are still in the works as well. It is also unclear as to which bus is being ordered. Supposedly, the X series demo bus will be sent for revenue service testing next year, and the D40LFR is still on for an order of 90. I will have a further update on the NF's as more information becomes available. The timeline for delivery on these is unknown by me at this time, but they will definitely be arriving at some point in 2011. The mystery still remains as to what will be awarded in December. Stay tuned!

And as far as NABI goes, I just don't see that one happening at all! At least I hope not!

Yesterday, the TA had a conference call with Orion to discuss the specs for 15 of the new buses. At this time, the details are still being worked out, and a final decision has yet to be made. I am being told that specs for 75 of the buses has now been finalized. It is still unknown if this order will be awarded next month, or if it will slip into 2011.

The TA is also in active discussions with New Flyer about their order as a whole. This order will also be split into a 75-15 like the others as well. I was told that the specs for this order are still in the works as well. It is also unclear as to which bus is being ordered. Supposedly, the X series demo bus will be sent for revenue service testing next year, and the D40LFR is still on for an order of 90. I will have a further update on the NF's as more information becomes available. The timeline for delivery on these is unknown by me at this time, but they will definitely be arriving at some point in 2011. The mystery still remains as to what will be awarded in December. Stay tuned!

And as far as NABI goes, I just don't see that one happening at all! At least I hope not!

NABI=Not Always Built Intelligently.:tup:

Archived