Breaking News: Tornado watch issues for entire NYC Metro area tonight 7/23/10

Shortline Bus

Not necessarily, Shortline Bus. A person potentially could be history in an F5 or F4 tornado, but chances improve if the tornado is an F0 through F3. During "Super Outbreak" Wednesday April 3-Thursday April 4, 1974, the killers were the F5's (Tanner I and Tanner II in Limestone County, Alabama; Xenia, Ohio; Sayler Park, Ohio; Brandenburg, Kentucky; Guin, Mississippi) and to a lesser extent the F4s that day. Those were the ones who primarily claimed 315 lives. Our only tornado was Upstate in Chataqua County and it was an F0. 148 Tornadoes (six F5s; twenty-three F4s; thirty F3s) over thirteen states and one Canadian Province. Over 1,000 injured. Common sense: A person should take cover in any storm, especially serious ones.

Sorry to say but this is not a joke. :o

I know a Tornado is rare in the Northeast USA especially NYC but if you see dark clouds and a funnel you better duck or else you are history aka dead.

And take cover in a safe and secure location as well until storm passes.

The Weather Channel is reporting a severe thunderstorm is in progress with wind from the Northwest at 10 miles per hour gusting to 17 miles per hour. The Yankees are delayed at the Stadium leading 4-0 at the end of the fifth.

Wow! You think this is the Kansas City or maybe the OKC Transit Forum website.:o

National Weather Service has upgraded the storm to *Tornado Warning* until 845pm tonight and T-storm warning until 10pm.

If you in NYC's 5 boros or nearby Union/Hudson/Bergen Counties take cover right now.:eek:

Why would i need to take cover, im in the bronx the rain/thunder lasted for like 15 min and now its clear here.. So i dont need to foam over the tornado LMFAO!

Why would i need to take cover, im in the bronx the rain/thunder lasted for like 15 min and now its clear here.. So i dont need to foam over the tornado LMFAO!

Well that means the Yanks/Royals game should resume shortly.

And this superstorm should be out of Metro NYC by 10pm if the weathercasters are correct.

Then Tommorrow 7/24/10 guys temps in Manhattan might hit 100.

Archived