(D) Via BMT Brighton Line Oh YEAH

probably a yankee special. nice pics.

If it were a Yankee Special it would end at 2nd Avenue. But then again since Queens Bound (F) is rerouted via 8th Ave/Fulton idk if the (D) can turn at 2nd. But if it were also it could of gone down West end like normal

But nice catch, (D) on B. Beach line is a classic, and dont cut off the bottom of the train. How many sets u caught anyways?

If it were a Yankee Special it would end at 2nd Avenue. But then again since Queens Bound (F) is rerouted via 8th Ave/Fulton idk if the (D) can turn at 2nd. But if it were also it could of gone down West end like normal

But nice catch, (D) on B. Beach line is a classic, and dont cut off the bottom of the train. How many sets u caught anyways?

There is no rule or law that the Yankee specials have to end at Second Ave.

Perhaps there were already 2 at Second Ave., being held due to a delay in n/b D service and waiting for the gap to fill in. Maybe there was a blockage uptown and they were being held at Second Ave. so as not to cause congestion. Maybe behind that R68A D shown (baseball special) a delay in CI bound Q service occured so they sent the train to Brooklyn. DeKalb could have requested it. DeKalb does talk to W.4th, sometimes!

There are so many possible senarios here. I don't know what happened, but operational decisions are done for a reason, unless you work there you'll never find out. It's done for the "good of the service".

You guys ought to think like a dispatcher once in a while!

Great catch of the (D) via Brighton, why was it there?

Yankees Special

Whats even better is that you caught an R68A on the (D). Something I personally haven't seen in nearly 20 years.

Well I believed Brighton Local caught a (D) Via Brighton back in 2007

3rd pic up from the bottom is what you need to aim for!

well I'm practicing

nice catch with the 68a d train!

thanks Bill

probably a yankee special. nice pics.

thanks and you're right

R68A (D) via Brighton, 2-In-1 hot catches right there! :tup::tup:

thanks Vinny

there was like 2 sets of R68As via Brighton and 2 sets of R68's via Brighton.

And I talked the T/O on the train and he said the reason the (D) Went via Brighton Line because it was a Yankees Special and it couldn't terminate at 2nd Avenue because it couldn't turn back Uptown because Uptown (F)'s were running on the (A)(C) Lines to W 4th Street

I cant believe this happened and I wasn't in NY for it :cry:.Nice catch..

Thanks and yes too bad lol

(D) via Brighton, just like how it should be. Nice.

Thanks and I missed those days

There is no rule or law that the Yankee specials have to end at Second Ave.

Perhaps there were already 2 at Second Ave., being held due to a delay in n/b D service and waiting for the gap to fill in. Maybe there was a blockage uptown and they were being held at Second Ave. so as not to cause congestion. Maybe behind that R68A D shown (baseball special) a delay in CI bound Q service occured so they sent the train to Brooklyn. DeKalb could have requested it. DeKalb does talk to W.4th, sometimes!

There are so many possible senarios here. I don't know what happened, but operational decisions are done for a reason, unless you work there you'll never find out. It's done for the "good of the service".

You guys ought to think like a dispatcher once in a while!

thanks and I was told from a T/O it was because of the (F) G.O running on the (A)(C) Lines

Spectacular images :tup:

thanks

Too bad the (MTA) screwed with the Brighton Line. The Yankee Special coulda provided riders direct express service to The Bronx

How many people who board a train on the Brighton line (other than a rail fan) need to go all the way to the Bronx, except somebody going to an occasional Yankee game?

The fact of the matter is Brighton line riders prefer their train to go up Broadway (which they have 24/7) rather than Sixth Ave. (part-time). The complained from day 1 of Chrystie St. when the D first went up there. Most of you guys don't remember that since most of y'all weren't even born yet, but old timers like me remember!

How many people who board a train on the Brighton line (other than a rail fan) need to go all the way to the Bronx, except somebody going to an occasional Yankee game?

The fact of the matter is Brighton line riders prefer their train to go up Broadway (which they have 24/7) rather than Sixth Ave. (part-time). The complained from day 1 of Chrystie St. when the D first went up there. Most of you guys don't remember that since most of y'all weren't even born yet, but old timers like me remember!

thanks for explaining :tup:

Archived