How men treat women in school, life, and other places.

Roadcruiser1

You're focusing too much on ghetto girls. You need to expand your horizons if that is what you're focusing on. And that's not a racial comment, because white trash exists too. I don't know any middle class girls that want a "thug" image, what they want is a guy who stands up for himself, because if he can't stand up for himself, how the hell is he supposed to stand up for her? That doesn't mean knives and guns and shit, that means being a man and protecting himself and his own as well as making sure they are taken care of.

I'm "focusing" on the girls that buy into the short game....

Yes, the majority of them are hoodrats... or as you say, ghetto girls...

(you don't have to throw out disclaimers at me, btw)

Expanding my horizons isn't an issue - I don't f**k with hood chicks, of any race, creed, or type... You don't have to explain the thug dude vs. the stand up dude, to me.... Thugs use shear intimidation & physical violence upon (whoever) to "protect" theirs.... A real dude doesn't have to say a dam thing to another dude, for that dude to realize that you just don't mess with his (woman)... Two different levels of commanding respect.

Far as the middle class chick that desire upon the thug/bad boy type... dude, you may not know of one, but they are out there.... I've seen it. and I know I'm not the only one..... Are they the majority, of course not... but the notion that all these chicks out here having game ran on them, are all ghetto girls, is not true... looks to me that this is what you're trying to convey....

The book doesn't tell you to be a phony. It tells you to bring out your best qualities. As for guy friends, they can act as wingmen. It also makes men less desperate. A guy without male friends would feel like sh*t if he had a bad date. A guy with male friends would have a beer with his pals and head to the strip club after the date.

My problems stem from a childhood speech impediment that has made me a bit self conscious. Despite my acne I'm not an ugly dude. I have a decent physique. Once I start talking and acting more confident I'll meet women. The book has helped me.

I want you to look in the mirror... Stare into it for 10 seconds.

Pump your fist so that you see it in the mirror...

Repeat this as many times as you need to... and say it with as much force/bass as you can.... get that adrenaline flowin....

I am a Man...

I am a Man...

I am.... a MAN

if you can turn your head away from that mirror with no doubts whatsoever, then that's all the confidence you need.... Inhale & exhale as heavily and as many times as you need to..

...I'm not tryin to be insensitive... I'm tryin to get you to get off of this certain energy you exude in your posts (and from the looks of things, that stems onto your offline life, as well)...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, whatever, I know what I know and it's what I know. It's worked for me. Just sharing what I know. Those who think otherwise are free to do as they want, I have no emotional state in whether train buffs that post to this site get laid or get girls or not. I'd like them to so the stereotype of a railfan isn't an overweight 40 year old virgin who doesn't shower and tells women how many rivets on the train for an hour before asking her out and getting rejected and laughed at at the same time, but that's only because I hate stereotypes, but not as much as I hate the people who fall into them..

So it is what it is......

fitting that you only took the time to quote that part of the post...

Anyway, That's the point.... These are the main dudes resorting to that shit.

You can attempt to stand up for sistas, but don't sit there and play brand new & act like it doesn't work on these women.

...and it don't only be hood chicks that fall for it.

only women who like guys who stand outside of bodegas..... in the hood... would fall for that. it sounds so scripted... like they are trying way too hard. i like people who don't try at all and are just themselves... i don't play games. i wouldn't even entertain them past the "hey ma" part... let alone entertain the rest of that post. i'm sure the majority of women would agree. :P

I'll say it one more time...

people can believe what they want... this is all moot anyway...

The way some of you would deem it, the thug/bad boys are only in relationships with hood chicks... smh at the level of naivety in that... Where do you all think the desire for the thug/bad boy comes from... there's been tons of magazine/internet articles, and even tv references about this... Women are sayin this shit, it's not me, or any other dude pullin this out of our asses.... I agree that having to game women is lame, pathetic, the whole nine....

What I'm sayin is, you get guys that resort to this shit not because these are all 2nd/3rd/4th generation G's & hoods & thugs... these new age cats weren't all raised that way... they do it b/c that simple shit works... and it's not only on lower class women as some of you want to continue relaying to me... Does the media perpetuate this image, yes it does.... that's part of the problem too....

Next thing I'll probably end up hearing, is that only a certain creed of people listen to rap music or somethin...

Next....

No, women aren't marrying, or are in long-standing meaningful relationships w/ these dudes... it's a phase they eventually grow out of as they get up there in age.... If you are a woman that aint lookin in their direction from jump, at least you know what's up :tup:.... However, you can't really juxtapose, or fuse, how you are, with the mindedness of other persons of your like gender....

Furthermore, for any of you guys that frequent clubs (which I don't, but know a lot of men that do), or know guys that do, you'll know what I'm talkin about.... And that's another thing, realize that there are certain levels of "game" out there.... It doesn't necessarily have to be the "hey ma" or the "what's good", "lemme get your myspace/facebook" young-minded BS either...

...and miss me with the "just be yourself" reference... that's one of those statements that are made that appears noble on the surface... but men come to find out as a relationship progresses or w/e, then women wanna start makin little changes here & there... molding their significant others to the man THEY want us to be...

when women tell me they want a regular man that they just want to be themselves, it's like, wtf does that even mean... that is so ambiguous... that's like goin up to a car dealership and tellin the salesman:

yeah, hello sir, I want a car where, when you put the key in the ignition, and you step on the gas pedal, I can drive off with it....

the salesman would look at you like you're a blithering idiot, and I would too.

iono man, I'll put it like this... feel free to continue circulating cookie-cutter, politically correct statements...

I can discern the idea of how things should be, and what they actually are... and they on two VERY different spectrums... real talk.

This is the one thing I will agree with SubwayGuy on....

It is... What it is....

You can blame myself, Grand COncourse and Urbanfortitude ALL you want but the point still stands...all you do is think about yourself...it's all you you you...seriously, when did the world revolve around you?? And you're mad because Grand Concourse and I are friends???

Man to man, get a grip. How old are you again, 25???

I'll apologize for cursing out out blatantly on that thread posted back in May. I'll admit, it was an immature thing for me to do and very unprofessional, and out of my league to do so. That being said, I hope you can accept my apology and that said, we can go about our own ways and never have to speak to each other on this board again.

He isn't mad,because yall friends....you and GC have different opinion on certain subjects.There are times when I don't agree with him on certain things,but he's cool guy.

I honestly believe that you're not vindictive. You're just an immature kid who talks trash. Nevertheless, at least you're man enough to apologize. If it makes you feel any better, I called you a hood rat just to get on your nerves. I got sick of the Springfield Gardens jokes and I wanted to give you a taste of your own medicine. Grand Concourse can't let go of something that happened 4 years ago. That's why he is the way he is. Urbanfortitude is just plain evil. For the sake of peace I'm going to walk away from NYCTF. Flame wars distract me from my school work. I may still post pics occassionally but I won't be posting on a daily basis.

Forget the past and think about the present.

You care to elaborate on this?

they're too demanded,you can't please them...when you give them things,they're aren't thankful.Most of them are ghetto like.....I know I don't want one,but there are some who aren't like that,however.

they're too demanded,you can't please them...when you give them things,they're aren't thankful.Most of them are ghetto like.....I know I don't want one,but there are some who aren't like that,however.

Most of them are ghetto?! I beg to differ. Their are plenty of intelligent black women out their.

Please stop living on stereotypes!

He isn't mad,because yall friends....you and GC have different opinion on certain subjects.There are times when I don't agree with him on certain things,but he's cool guy.

Forget the past and think about the present.

Couldn't leave well enough alone could you...

I know there are people waitin for me to blast off on this topic.... but I wont.

I've done been in so many of these type of discussions on & offline, it aint even funny....

This is how I'll handle this one:

they're too demanded,you can't please them...when you give them things,they're aren't thankful. Most of them are ghetto like..... I know I don't want one,but there are some who aren't like that,however.

blame the feminist movement for that... the misguided black woman's spin on it, is the so-called "strong, independent black woman" - this idea that they don't need men to succeed in life...

problem is, when it comes to scrutiny, the media shines the biggest, brightest light bulb on black women... and has done so for decades... you get people of other races that believe it, only b/c tv said so...

^^ speaking of which, How about this BS study that a black woman's net worth is 5 f**kin dollars....

Really... seriously, honestly, and truly.... our women are that broke.... Unreal.

Lemme guess... b/c most black women are ghetto... yah, okay...

Look, there are sistas on that "I don't need a man" BS, plz don't mistake me on that... soon as I sense it out of them, I turn the other cheek... let them be the old miserable coots they'll end up turning into....

On the bright side though, that aint most black women, chief....

Despite whatever you hear "out there"....

A cute small, petite young woman (around 19 or so) came into the store today for lunch wearing an interesting print top. It was a yellow scoop neck top, femininine in styling, that read Just Ask Me Out. Then as she paid for her order, I happened to notice she was wearing a nice looking ring on the first finger of her right hand.

I thought it was interesting for the way it was worded (I don't think she was actually asking guys to ask her out).

A cute small, petite young woman (around 19 or so) came into the store today for lunch wearing an interesting print top. It was a yellow scoop neck top, femininine in styling, that read Just Ask Me Out. Then as she paid for her order, I happened to notice she was wearing a nice looking ring on the first finger of her right hand.

I thought it was interesting for the way it was worded (I don't think she was actually asking guys to ask her out).

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE RING!!!!!!! I see way too many rings here in Philly!

Also, I want to say that I am tired of seeing couples making out in the open public! It annoys me and I don;t understand why it needs to be a scene. It makes me just want to scream:

GET A ROOM, NUTTFACE!!!!!

But the other part of the lonely bachelor aka myself is wishing I could do what that guy is doing

Most of them are ghetto?! I beg to differ. Their are plenty of intelligent black women out their.

I'm black and it's true!!!I said most of them not all!!you didn't read that part of the post?

It sucks trying to find girls here in Philly because

1. I don't really have the aforementioned "game", and guys like to tell me thats the fastest way to get a girl

2. like 99.999999999 of them are mothers, usually unwed. I am a virgin

3. I had experience with rejection.

4. I lack experience in actually having a girlfriend or a long term relationship

5. most of the girls I find, exp. the best looking ones are stuck up, etc

For #1. See next quote.

I'm a virgin young lady who lives in 2nd El Barrio "Bushwick." They are outthere, I guess. I also have no experience...I guess look toward the quiet girls who have odd interest such as anime and stuff, not the loud mouth ghetto fabulous chicks...except if you want arm candy or something.

Lol! I just hate that shit. "Hey ma" this and that.

Now in the hood with those females that sleep around all day then it will work. But in the real world dont even try it because you will look like a complet ass.

Seriously, I would feel totally creeped out if some guy approached me with "hey, ma.." "what's up sexy"...and other kinds of game. 90 points creepiness is added to 35+ yr old men thinking they want me (dude, I'm young enough to be your daughter!!).

How about approach me on a friendship level, ask me stuff, start an intelligent conversation with me.

That's the thing... I don't NEED to read the book :)

putting it in bold like I'm missing something grand.....

...and lmao at that example you referenced to.....when a woman says she wants to be friends, that has nothin to do with someone being less a man... like Ms W. says, that either means she don't want to jeopardize w/e level of relationship that may exist.... or, that's a nice way of sayin.. I don't want...

You.

It can also mean the girl/woman is not ready herself. For example, I'm actually not comfortable with dating and stuff and I'm very shy around guys. I would like to grow into myself more before considering dating.

Next thing...

Yes, you as a man, are expected to start the conversation... when women see dudes continually staring & looking away, not wanting to "break the ice", this is one example of where women see men as being less than men....

I wish men can start conversations. As an extremely quiet girl who does not stand out, I often feel like its on my shoulders to ask a man out. When I do its like rejection.

Women don't want to be worshipped by guys, true... (well, sluts do, but that's another story)

OTOH, a lot of women have this thing where they want their man to treat them as if they're the only woman in existence.... why do you think a man's girlfriend/wife wants her dude to separate from his mother as much as possible... Why do you think the term "mamma's boy" is used as a shaming tactic on a man's manhood? Think about it dude... Men generally don't care about a woman's relationship w/ her father.... You'll only hear the term daddy's girl, when it has somethin to do w/ money.... Who makes attacks on a female's womanhood.....

This maybe true except the "mother" part. Living with mom just means the guy cannot handle his finances and live on his own without help. Considering marriage, the guy must be capable of taking care of himself and new family. Women do want the man to see only them, thats why cheating is such a big issue.

I'm black/Cuban mixed, grew up in Bushwick, but far from any stereotype. People have said I seem Asian because I'm quiet and small and do not listen to hip hop and fool with many guys..

For #1. See next quote.

I'm a virgin young lady who lives in 2nd El Barrio "Bushwick." They are outthere, I guess. I also have no experience...I guess look toward the quiet girls who have odd interest such as anime and stuff, not the loud mouth ghetto fabulous chicks...except if you want arm candy or something.

That's a good thing..... IMO, anyway.....

Seriously, I would feel totally creeped out if some guy approached me with "hey, ma.." "what's up sexy"...and other kinds of game. 90 points creepiness is added to 35+ yr old men thinking they want me (dude, I'm young enough to be your daughter!!).

How about approach me on a friendship level, ask me stuff, start an intelligent conversation with me.

The average dude isn't interested in being friends with a woman they find attractive, though.... just wanna shed insight on that....

The one thing I don't agree with the ideology of most dudes is that, they have to be 'x' amount of years older than their woman.... I can't see myself in my 30's, messing with any woman younger than in her mid 20's....

It can also mean the girl/woman is not ready herself. For example, I'm actually not comfortable with dating and stuff and I'm very shy around guys. I would like to grow into myself more before considering dating.

makes sense.....

I wish men can start conversations. As an extremely quiet girl who does not stand out, I often feel like its on my shoulders to ask a man out. When I do its like rejection.

not the first woman I heard say that....

the inability of approaching women with any type of courtesy (and/or respect), has to do w/ a lack of confidence in men, as they're maturing.... this is a very easy way for you to separate men... from boys.

today's woman, however, immediately have their guard up whenever men do approach them..... realize that this only makes things tougher on the decent dude, when women treat & put him in the same category mentally (before he even says a word), as the "yo baby" "come here, miss pink ed hardy", no substance havin type of dude....

that problem is two-fold....

This maybe true except the "mother" part. Living with mom just means the guy cannot handle his finances and live on his own without help. Considering marriage, the guy must be capable of taking care of himself and new family. Women do want the man to see only them, thats why cheating is such a big issue.

bolded part, is not entirely true...

despite the dudes out here not havin jack shit in their piggy banks or shoeboxes to begin with... handling finances isn't The reason a dude may still be livin with his moms.... There is a huge difference with a n***a stayin in the basement of they momma's house with no drive, determination, or plan of action to want to get up off his ass & start his own.... and the dude that's "biding for time"... waiting til he established enough presidents (money) to where he feels he can move out on his own.....

There's nothin wrong with a woman wanting her man under a roof by themselves, to commence in starting their own family... but I gotta tell you, there are women out here who have this disposition where, if a guy has any type of dealing with his mother (after having gotten with that woman), she immediately sees him as weak...

I'm black/Cuban mixed, grew up in Bushwick, but far from any stereotype. People have said I seem Asian because I'm quiet and small and do not listen to hip hop and fool with many guys..

The word I'm gonna use to describe you is.... Meek.

I see that as a positive....

Why, you may ask....

Because you are in the minority, amongst those of your like gender... you have some dudes out here that like the:

- alpha female

(that's b/c they're beta males themselves, so it balances out)

- the in-your-face, diva type chick...

(ok, I can understand dudes want a chick with some attitude... but you know what they say about giving an inch... and taking a mile....)

- the overly superficial hair/nails/makeup/gossipy type chick

(if it's not about those things, then she has NOTHING else to formulate an opinion on)....

Gender roles in certain communities, are definitely reversing.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE RING!!!!!!! I see way too many rings here in Philly!

Also, I want to say that I am tired of seeing couples making out in the open public! It annoys me and I don;t understand why it needs to be a scene. It makes me just want to scream:

*edited*

But the other part of the lonely bachelor aka myself is wishing I could do what that guy is doing

you OD with that size 7 red font though... aint that serious...

well fam, two things:

1) when you admit you wish it was you, you come off as a hater....

not a good look, champ....

2) when you're with a chick long enough, you don't wanna get lackadaisical in your sex game; "plain jane" with it, so to speak.... I don't wanna get PG13 with it, but let's just say makin out in public for a lot of couples is one way of heightening the mood...

and somethin else...

I treat women as equals with school, life, etc. If I was interested in a woman I would try to find a icebreaker to start with a conversation, like a girl is taking photos or reading a manga, and share some common interests/ Then I try to build a friendship with them if the conversation goes well that I ask them to hang out in the future as friends. Also I treat women how they want to treat me with respect. If they don't treat me right, respect will not be given to them.

I guess the message really was Ask me out so I could get my boyfriend/husband to kick your ass :confused:

That's a good thing..... IMO, anyway.....
(in reference to the 18+ yr old virgin)

The word I'm gonna use to describe you is.... Meek.

I see that as a positive....

Why, you may ask....

Because you are in the minority, amongst those of your like gender... you have some dudes out here that like the:

- alpha female

(that's b/c they're beta males themselves, so it balances out)

- the in-your-face, diva type chick...

(ok, I can understand dudes want a chick with some attitude... but you know what they say about giving an inch... and taking a mile....)

- the overly superficial hair/nails/makeup/gossipy type chick

(if it's not about those things, then she has NOTHING else to formulate an opinion on)....

Gender roles in certain communities, are definitely reversing.

Hm, I really really didnot know that. I have the assumption that guys love experience and judge girls badly who lack experience/does not know how to do whatever...

The average dude isn't interested in being friends with a woman they find attractive, though.... just wanna shed insight on that....

today's woman, however, immediately have their guard up whenever men do approach them..... realize that this only makes things tougher on the decent dude, when women treat & put him in the same category mentally (before he even says a word), as the "yo baby" "come here, miss pink ed hardy", no substance havin type of dude....

Interesting... But it helps to build a friendship first and honestly get to know the real person before physical situations are involved. I honestly think any physical situation clouds people's view of the real person. I rather wait months, heck over a year, before getting physical with a guy in anyway. I think any sexual relations...doing those things I would have to have an extremely committed relationship such as marriage in mind.

The one thing I don't agree with the ideology of most dudes is that, they have to be 'x' amount of years older than their woman.... I can't see myself in my 30's, messing with any woman younger than in her mid 20's... .

I feel like those idiots are closeted pedophiles...going for barely legal girls. If that's the case, are a lot of older men closeted pedos? :confused:

despite the dudes out here not havin jack shit in their piggy banks or shoeboxes to begin with... handling finances isn't The reason a dude may still be livin with his moms.... There is a huge difference with a n***a stayin in the basement of they momma's house with no drive, determination, or plan of action to want to get up off his ass & start his own.... and the dude that's "biding for time"... waiting til he established enough presidents (money) to where he feels he can move out on his own.....

There's nothin wrong with a woman wanting her man under a roof by themselves, to commence in starting their own family... but I gotta tell you, there are women out here who have this disposition where, if a guy has any type of dealing with his mother (after having gotten with that woman), she immediately sees him as weak...

I agree. I think wanting to totally seperate a man from his mother or family is a bit mean..

I treat women as equals with school, life, etc. If I was interested in a woman I would try to find a icebreaker to start with a conversation, like a girl is taking photos or reading a manga, and share some common interests/ Then I try to build a friendship with them if the conversation goes well that I ask them to hang out in the future as friends. Also I treat women how they want to treat me with respect. If they don't treat me right, respect will not be given to them.

How it should be.

Approaching a woman on a platonic level would not freak them out. I tend to shy away if I feel like the guy has an unternative motive. When you get comfortable around each other as friends/aquantences, it takes the weirdness out of asking someone out.

I guess the message really was Ask me out so I could get my boyfriend/husband to kick your ass :confused:

Some girls are just gross..

Archived