Has anyone been to the new Target in East Harlem at 116th and FDR Drive?

Shortline Bus

Not trying to make this a commerical but this question. Anyone been to the new Target/Best Buy on 116th St and Pleasent Ave (FDR Drive). in East Harlem opened this weekend 7/24-7/25/10? This is Target's first store in Manhattan as they hope to attract customers for most of Uptown Manhattan.

Also has the M116 bus been re-routed to serve this new Shopping Center?

Yes the shopping center is near me and I pass it everyday I get on the FDR drive on 116st. Its a beautiful place but they charge for parking, always trying to squeeze every last dollar out of the consumer.

And before that was there there was an empty factory that made wire from 116 st to 118st right off pleasant avenue. The mall is good for the neighborhood as it brings tons of jobs for many.

I worked for the contractor who demolished the old factory and to see it go was somewhat of a sad sight as I remember that factory from a very young age knowing that I was near home.

I don't think the buses go that far, they make the turn on 1st aven and continue on.

Shortline Bus and Everyone: The current M116 schedule shows the M116 serves the new East River Plaza. The M116 loop is First Avenue northbound to East 124th Street; East 124th Street eastbound to Paladino Avenue; Paladino Avenue southbound to East 120th Street; East 120th Street westbound to Pleasant Avenue, and Pleasant Avenue southbound to East 116th Street.

M116 service is daily. The closest timepoint listed on the schedule to the East River Plaza is East Harlem E 120 St/Pleasant Av

Link to current M116 schedule: http://www.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/manh/m116cur.pdf

P.S. Am I mistaken but wasn't there a Fairways (or Foodways) market in this area of East Harlem (aka "Spanish Harlem"/ "Italian Harlem")?

Shortline Bus and Everyone: The current M116 schedule shows the M116 serves the new East River Plaza. The M116 loop is First Avenue northbound to East 124th Street; East 124th Street eastbound to Paladino Avenue; Paladino Avenue southbound to East 120th Street; East 120th Street westbound to Pleasant Avenue, and Pleasant Avenue southbound to East 116th Street.

M116 service is daily. The closest timepoint listed on the schedule to the East River Plaza is East Harlem E 120 St/Pleasant Av

Link to current M116 schedule: http://www.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/manh/m116cur.pdf

P.S. Am I mistaken but wasn't there a Fairways (or Foodways) market in this area of East Harlem (aka "Spanish Harlem"/ "Italian Harlem")?

umm the M116 route didnt change at all, its the same route just that the shopping center was added to the map. So nothing special.... And i rly dont need directions nor some of us as we know where the M116 starts and end.

Maybe someday this aug ill check it out.

and i rly dont need directions nor some of us as we know where the M116 starts and end.

Well, that's not a fair assumption, not everyone might know. Not all crosstown buses are perfectly crosstown. The M116 is, for the most part, but still.

Well, that's not a fair assumption, not everyone might know. Not all crosstown buses are perfectly crosstown. The M116 is, for the most part, but still.

I said some of us, not all.

As for crosstown not much crosstown you are right, M14A/D is crosstown but runs on Ave A/Delancey, Bx40/42 on Tremont + Burnside, M106 on 96th/106

umm the M116 route didnt change at all, its the same route just that the shopping center was added to the map. So nothing special.... And i rly dont need directions nor some of us as we know where the M116 starts and end.

Maybe someday this aug ill check it out.

mark1447, You Know. You don't have to read my posts if you don't want to. I was answering a question by Shortline Bus and, maybe, just some of us aren't familiar with the M116.

Sorry to disappoint you, little buddy.

70(EE)

mark1447, You Know. You don't have to read my posts if you don't want to. I was answering a question by Shortline Bus and, maybe, just some of us aren't familiar with the M116.

Sorry to disappoint you, little buddy.

70(EE)

Well my bad. Im wrong for most of it. But for the shopping center the M116 passes near, im not sure if its on the FDR/paladino avenue?

Naw, Dan05979, said correctly that the M116 turns on First Avenue but he wasn't sure if they went further east. So I figured a description of the loop would be handy here.

Probably my bad, also, mark1447. I was meaning that the current schedule shows the route serves the new shopping center and the closest time point to it.

Official address for the new Target is 517 East 117th Street and it's now with Fresh Grocery.

Archived