New Flyer XDE40 "Xcelsior" Hybrid

East New York

I have always loved and admired New Flyer innovation. I remember the first time I rode a D40LF through the bus wash in the summer of '94. Then out on a run. I forgot whats an RTS was that day! They are the pioneers of 40 foot low floor buses.

Two weeks after that, I rode my first D40HF. Both Detroit Diesels too! I was sold!:cool:

Nice catch (D)!

West Farms and College Point will be getting C40LFRs.

Here's an idea of what they'll look like:

WMATA_NFI_2801.jpg

Those are awesome buses. My favorite in WMATA's fleet. New Flyer really does make great buses.

Here's another "showing off" with a mean lean. :P

5149309009_e2f3a0c971_b.jpg

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.259 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Attention!! 0058 is coming back out today at 3pm on the B6.was just at the depot and it inside.happy hunting.

O thought it wasn't comming out no more today cuz of the snowstorm later today?

Attention!! 0058 is coming back out today at 3pm on the B6.was just at the depot and it inside.happy hunting.

I was there too with freshpond , my uncle was in the swing room when we were there but freshpond left so i went inside and went to the back and got on it i love it . But my camera died :P .

• 5 months later...
Yes, the MTA ordered 90 of these coming later this year.

thanks you know where they will be going & are they keeping the blue on it & are they changin it to luminator .. hey i hope they go to east new york & get rid of those 02-05 ogss

thanks you know where they will be going & are they keeping the blue on it & are they changin it to luminator .. hey i hope they go to east new york & get rid of those 02-05 ogss

CAS/UP/QV will get 30 buses each. ENY will get none, IDK about the signs though, they will have the blue and white paint scheme the LFSs have.

Yes, the MTA ordered 90 of these coming later this year.

Just to clear things up, the TA didn't order the one that was demo'd in the pictures. That was an XDE40 (hybrid). They are getting the XD40 (straight diesel).

The original plan was for the XDE40, but that changed sometime last summer.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived