What Beach or Pool do you like going to (Anywhere)

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

When I would get off of work I would go to the beach in Wildwood. Nice beach and all the ladies show some serious skin. KR dnt get me started lmaoo.

Screw a pool!

I never used to go to the beach when I lived in NYC. I only recently stated going since I moved down here and didnt know anyone yet and one of my fellow drivers told me it would be a start to meet a bunch of females so I would get comfortable.

Manhattan Beach in New York. - Cleanest in the city in my opinion.

South Beach in Florida. - Celebrities, Bikinis and crystal clear water. What more you want?

I hate pools.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I used to go to Pitt pool on E. Houston but that's closed. IMO, the best beach to go to is Rockaway Beach by the B. 99 St entrance. The water is clean, the sand is beautiful (and hot lol) and ladies everywhere (glad I'm single again ;))

Coney Island & Brighton beaches are dirty & overcrowded IMO

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I used to go to Pitt pool on E. Houston but that's closed. IMO, the best beach to go to is Rockaway Beach by the B. 99 St entrance. The water is clean, the sand is beautiful (and hot lol) and ladies everywhere (glad I'm single again :P)

Coney Island & Brighton beaches are dirty & overcrowded IMO

The pool by Houston and Pitt in the LES is still open.

Coney Island...there's the beach, amusement park, hot dog place, trains...!

It's fun to take the train to the beach... Coney Island is such a childhood tradition. The only thing I worry about is the cleaness of the water...

I go to the E. 77nd St Pool, Harlem Pool in Central Park North, and Astoria Pool.

When its hot I go to my other home in the Hamptons and use my indoor heated olympic size pool. Or sometimes I use the pool in back of the mansion.

I have 2 pools.

Oh Shut up DAN, ya jerk!!! Just kidding. Like Kojak used to say- "Who loves ya baby?":cool::tup:(L)

Coney Island...there's the beach, amusement park, hot dog place, trains...!

It's fun to take the train to the beach... Coney Island is such a childhood tradition. The only thing I worry about is the cleaness of the water...

That is the the reasons that I love going to Coney Island. It's always fun to take the train to the beach. Plus the rides and MCU Park won't get you bored at Coney Island.

Guest Charles

lol for me it was my local YMCA pool (over at the Cross Island branch), I virtually grew up swimming in it, but now when I go there I get paid to be a lifeguard :cool:

As for recreational purposes I like Coney Island too, but I haven't tried out the new amusement park yet.

As someone who has traveled alot here are my favorites in the region and across America here are some of my favorites.

NYC area Beaches

Coney Island (grew up near here and My Late Dad loved the hot dogs at Nathan's lol)

Manhattan Beach

Riis Park/Rockaway Beach

Long Island/NJ Shore and other regional ones

Point Pleasent(guys this is a great one as the :njc: stops just 10-minute walk to the boardwalk)

Seaside Heights (My Family used to go here alot as a teen during the '80's/early 90's)

Long Beach, LI

Atlantic City

FYI I am not listing Jones Beach it's too 'crowded' for me.

Around the USA

Ocean City, Maryland

Va. Beach, Va.

Southern Maine shore area from NH Border-Portland, Maine along Interstate 95/US Highway 1.

Tampa, Fla. near the Gulf Coast.

Almost any beaches in San Diego, Ca. especially Pacific Beach and La Jolla.

More power to you if you go to the beach to cool off.... Speaking of Jones beach, I got ringworm from going in the water to retrieve a football... I was about 15 @ the time... since that day, never again will I go in waters where people are congregating in.... Now you gotta worry about shark attacks... incredible.

anyway, yeh, when I was 18, 19, 20, I used to hit up beaches sometimes just to chill with the homies & check out the women... I miss the days where we'd be chillin & what not... girls would pass by... we start gettin their attention & what not... they'd hang with us for a bit.... there's been a couple times where we were asked to rub sunscreen on chicks... I wadn't expecting all that, but, I was game...

Now at 28, you won't catch me dead at any beach... the older I got, the more private I'm becoming... large in part b/c this city's gotten way overcrowded... Lot of people thrive over as much social contact as they can obtain....

I'm the type of dude that needs to "recharge" when being around soooo many people...

Cold shower + drying off in the AC, ftw !!!!

More power to you if you go to the beach to cool off.... Speaking of Jones beach, I got ringworm from going in the water to retrieve a football... I was about 15 @ the time... since that day, never again will I go in waters where people are congregating in.... Now you gotta worry about shark attacks... incredible.

anyway, yeh, when I was 18, 19, 20, I used to hit up beaches sometimes just to chill with the homies & check out the women... I miss the days where we'd be chillin & what not... girls would pass by... we start gettin their attention & what not... they'd hang with us for a bit.... there's been a couple times where we were asked to rub sunscreen on chicks... I wadn't expecting all that, but, I was game...

Now at 28, you won't catch me dead at any beach... the older I got, the more private I'm becoming... large in part b/c this city's gotten way overcrowded... Lot of people thrive over as much social contact as they can obtain....

I'm the type of dude that needs to "recharge" when being around soooo many people...

Cold shower + drying off in the AC, ftw !!!!

Bro that why IMO you should check out and travel to beaches like the Jersey Shore, Del/Ocean City, Maryland or Va Beach you might enjoy better. On hot days, it still could be crowded but never the 1 Million people that hit CI-Brighton though.

I was goin venture into NJ today.. to ride on the 319 (not to go to any beach, though)...

I went to Coney Island yesterday as a matter of fact... hooked up with an old friend from work.

Too many cops out there in CI now; "luna park", or w/e it's called.... Doesn't have that amusement park feel to it... far as the beach area goes, CI has got to have the worst kept beachfront in the tri-state area.... When you dig up sand & find dirty diapers, dried up dung, soda/beer cans, shrimp tails, there's definitely a problem... Boardwalk still got holes that a person can fall through, if not careful....

But I'm glad that the yuppies haven't taken over... yet.

I was goin venture into NJ today.. to ride on the 319 (not to go to any beach, though)...

I went to Coney Island yesterday as a matter of fact... hooked up with an old friend from work.

Too many cops out there in CI now; "luna park", or w/e it's called.... Doesn't have that amusement park feel to it... far as the beach area goes, CI has got to have the worst kept beachfront in the tri-state area.... When you dig up sand & find dirty diapers, dried up dung, soda/beer cans, shrimp tails, there's definitely a problem... Boardwalk still got holes that a person can fall through, if not careful....

But I'm glad that the yuppies haven't taken over... yet.

Bro not sure you been there yet but Atlantic City is worth the trip. You don't have to gamble there anymore either. Boardwalk and smaller asumument park there as well.

If you can plan in advance you can see a good concert not "A" list like Lady Gaga, Blackeyed Peas, etc. but groups from Cameo to Rock Groups like the Eagles and Carlos Santana if you into that. Or alot of Boxing & MMA Matches as well in addition to some but overpriced sportsbars as well.

The Boardwalk in AC is in much better shape than the one in Coney Island.

1 last tip on AC. If you wanted to 'crash' and spend night in AC, spend it 'inland' away from the boardwalk area which similar to Manhattan/NYC prices during summer weekends as high as $400 a night or more.

FYI.

Thanks for the info, but I've been to atlantic city before... once was on a bustrip with people from my aunt's old church, once was by myself (I enjoyed the drive more than anything)....

almost got robbed by some locals out there, after I won some change (how they found out, to this day, I still don't know)..... and two, prostitution is rampant out there...

you have to go out there during the daytime if you want to hit up AC's beaches... @ night, the undesirables tend to target upon tourists/out-of-towners....

I will agree though, that AC's beaches are in a hell of a lot more better shape than CI....

plus, there's simply... more to do.

Archived