Arnine spotted today

Melvin

As the thread says, I saw the Arnines today with a 70(GG) rollsign bypassing and hauling ass might I add, 175th-GW Bridge (A) at around noon, today. It was going north to 181st.

What does this have to do with the trip on the 31st?

Isn't the train pulling out of the museum again? It is 5 cars long, I believe. It is usually put after the display Arnine set closely, so those railfans can cross to the 5 cars that will be used for the trip.

The train comes from 207th Street Yard, and gets run on the (A) line, then is able to switch over somehow to the Transit Museum's tracks, since it is at Hoyt-Schermerhorn.

It's for Transit Museum's Nostalgia Rides for CONEY ISLAND BOUND.

I knew that..

The museum trains orignate from 207th.

I knew that too, but why was it coming from downtown today?

Isn't the train pulling out of the museum again? It is 5 cars long, I believe. It is usually put after the display Arnine set closely, so those railfans can cross to the 5 cars that will be used for the trip.

The train comes from 207th Street Yard, and gets run on the (A) line, then is able to switch over somehow to the Transit Museum's tracks, since it is at Hoyt-Schermerhorn.

Yeah but this year it's suppose to run on the (F), it doesn't make sense for it to come back to 207 if it was somewhere in Brooklyn or Downtown Manhattan.

The Arnines need to be inspected before they go on the trip, that's why there going up town. This is nothing earth shattering and yes, the trip on the 31st will leave out of the museum.

Thank you for the info, yeah I know it's not earth shattering, it just didn't make no sense.

Yeah but this year it's suppose to run on the (F), it doesn't make sense for it to come back to 207 if it was somewhere in Brooklyn or Downtown Manhattan.

Whoops. My bad ^_^. I didn't remember the part where it was heading N/B.

Thank you for the info, yeah I know it's not earth shattering, it just didn't make no sense.

How does it not make sense, there inspecting the train now and either Saturday morning or late Friday night the train will go to the museum.

As IND said, inspection time to get ready for the trip. 484 was the only car pulled from the museum. 100 and 1575 are still there. Nothing to get a hard on for (not that anyone should get a hard on for a train in the first place).

According to the letter I got from the NYTM the Coney Island trip is supposed to run on the A, D, and Q. Don't know if that means the West End one way and the Brighton the other, or combing parts of both lines in each direction.

According to the letter I got from the NYTM the Coney Island trip is supposed to run on the A, D, and Q. Don't know if that means the West End one way and the Brighton the other, or combing parts of both lines in each direction.

For the 100th time, just go and be surprised. Don't try and speculate what the route will be because I guarantee you that you will be wrong. Those directions are intended to give visitors a sense of what's planned, but the exact route is MEANT to remain a mystery so that even the best "railfan detectives" (I say that very much tongue in cheek) can't figure it out.

Nice, will they check who can get on the train or not because im heading to the museum on the 31st.

Yea,they check.they give you a colored wrist band to identify who's on the train and who isn't.

For the 100th time, just go and be surprised. Don't try and speculate what the route will be because I guarantee you that you will be wrong. Those directions are intended to give visitors a sense of what's planned, but the exact route is MEANT to remain a mystery so that even the best "railfan detectives" (I say that very much tongue in cheek) can't figure it out.

Don't worry, I am new to a number of these routes so whatever it is I'm sure it will be a treat.:P Just riding the arnines will be fun, they could just run back and forth on the 42nd st shuttle and I would be happy. I have a theory as to what the route is, so we'll see. It's funny that this route is such a secret like it was Col. Sanders recipe for chicken or something. :)

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Lol they always leave out the other 2 cars for the static display. So I'm assuming it will be 301,484,1000,14xx,1802 my guess of the train order.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Lol they always leave out the other 2 cars for the static display. So I'm assuming it will be 301,484,1000,14xx,1802 my guess of the train order.

Some of those cars you just named don't exist.

381 401 484 1000 1300 and 1802 will be the train if I remember correct, I don't remember what the head cars will be.

Archived