R160 A-2 cars

trainfan22

Does anyone know why theres only one set of R160A-2 cars on the (N) line? Wasnt the MTA soppose to have more R160A-2 cars running by now? Unless they ordered more A-2 cars and they are going to put them on the (Q) line and four sets on the (W) line later this year. But its just weird that theres only ten A-2 cars on MTA grounds just weird.....

Precisely. Since Alstom was having a real hard time with just A-1 orders since they found many defects in the body construction. Some shells that were materialized in Sao Palo were beyond repair when major, I mean MAJOR gaps were found in the welding so Alstom had to scrap a few shells. That's also why Alstom is thin ice, not to mention the cracking truck fiasco! <(even tho many more were founded on the Kawasaki versions). Just wait six more months and you'll see, more A-2's are going to pop up.

Precisely. Since Alstom was having a real hard time with just A-1 orders since they found many defects in the body construction. Some shells that were materialized in Sao Palo were beyond repair when major, I mean MAJOR gaps were found in the welding so Alstom had to scrap a few shells. That's also why Alstom is thin ice, not to mention the cracking truck fiasco! <(even tho many more were founded on the Kawasaki versions). Just wait six more months and you'll see, more A-2's are going to pop up.

I think only siemens sets have the "problems" the altsom onix R160s and the R160As are fine. From what ive been hearing the A-1 cars have been coming in like crazy like two to three cars a night!!! And plus they dont even have any room for the R42s layup at night at ENY yard anymore. Because the yard is overflowing with R160s. And its affecting the maintence of the R42s they are having a lot of problems with the R42s latley.

There going to finsh up the R160a-1's first then the other 50 R160a-2's. I just was 8472 testing out of ENY yesterday.(J)(L)(M)(Z)

I just seen 8490 and 2 others at 215st last week. So wonder when they will hit the rails, and a few customers.

As for ENY overflowing with R160a1's, yes there was 6 or 8 R42 spread over 3 tracks the rest were

R160a1's. It might take about 2 weeks to get 8490 to hit the road, it take about a week o get it ready to run then about week of testing. But again there still not more room to put the in ENY. I am suprised that there are not any sitting in CNRY just to keep them there untill they can make room. I think there like 4 or 5 tracks still open at night after all the (L) layups are done.

I found out the the TA is fighting the company that is going to put up the CCTV on the (J) line because they want $600,000 to do it. The TA thinks that it's to much money for all the station that need them

I think that the MTA should just put them on the (M) line. Until they get the CCTV issues sorted out on the (J) line instead of jut having them sit around the yard collecting dust.

Thing is, the stations passed Broad Street do not have CCVT and West End is not going to convert anytime soon. Plus, I heard that the R-160A-1s on the (Z) are having a hard time because of the lack of CCVT that's why they only run 4 out of the 6 (Z) in one rush hour period.

Thing is, the stations passed Broad Street do not have CCVT and West End is not going to convert anytime soon. Plus, I heard that the R-160A-1s on the (Z) are having a hard time because of the lack of CCVT that's why they only run 4 out of the 6 (Z) in one rush hour period.

The west end and 4th ave stations dont need CCTV. All they need is the C/R boards for the R160s along those routes. If ride along west end and 4th ave local stations you will see C/R boards in platic bags those are the boards for the R160s.....

Archived