2 options for the fare hike

Abba

i say WHY CANT THEY SELL BOTH????? they already sell so many metrocards, why not keep the unlimited for those willing to pay extra? there will always be the broke motherf**kers who refuse to pay the extra $5 for unlimited rides they wont use, so they could have the capped option. but the rest of us should have the option!

I believe that the option of raising the unlimiteds higher and not imposing a ride limit is a very good idea.

Maybe a 6-ride limit per day for weekly and up to ward off scammers selling cards?

Also, in today's New York Post, there is talk of eliminating the 1- and 14-day cards and making unlimiteds refillable. They also cite the MTA that only 0.8% of paying riders use weeklies.

I believe that the option of raising the unlimiteds higher and not imposing a ride limit is a very good idea.

Maybe a 6-ride limit per day for weekly and up to ward off scammers selling cards?

Also, in today's New York Post, there is talk of eliminating the 1- and 14-day cards and making unlimiteds refillable. They also cite the MTA that only 0.8% of paying riders use weeklies.

I hope they keep the 1 day cards. I need those to rail/bus fanning in the same day

I thought it was only 0.8% use dailies (I can't access the article, but I sae it on Second Avenue Sagas)

Well, axing the Fun Passes would definitely lead to dramatic changes in railfan trips...

That's a good question. Why can't they just offer both cards? I don't really see how it would cost more money; isn't the only difference just how the card is programmed?

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Hmm if they stop the 1 day pass like they proposed I'm only going to pay for 1 Round trip fare and that's it no more big railfan/busfan trips ever.

from experience working in the booth, i will say this:

most 30 day unlimiteds, most people on avg would use them 50-60 times in a month.......very rarely would u see unlimiteds go into very high #'s(only ones i know who really use those cards to their advantage are the chinese people)....

the 1 day pass is kind of a farce i.m.o; it is a waste of money....they would be better off doing a 2 or 3 day pass for the tourists.........also, if you arent going to raise the fare,just get rid of the bonuses........(although in reality the fare is behind inflation anyway)

While I don't like paying more, $2.50 is not unreasonable for the base fare. They should also offer both monthly options. However, I think that the(MTA) should consider a more creative approach to generating revenue. More advertising revenue should be considered; I don't like the ads on the subway cars' hull, but if this helps, so be it. Customer service needs improving as does station maintenance. Subway stations could be sponsored in the same manner highways are with corporations donating the upkeep and getting free advertising thanking them. For example, NBC and CBS are right by 50th Street on the 6th Ave. line. They could certainly afford a few sheckles to keep these stations spiffy. On lines with no vendors, vending machines could be placed (as was done in the past) selling newspapers, magazines, lottery tickets, etc.

Anyway, the (MTA) needs to broaden its options beyond two-dimensional thinking!

(only ones i know who really use those cards to their advantage are the chinese people)....

Hey hey hey hey, lol I am chinese also, but yes I understand what you mean, most of us tend to share the card around and also use one card to swipe for many people even in the morning, of course my family doesn't do it as we all have our own cards but my outer family I know uses one card to swipe 6 people in the morning and 4 of them back in the evening.

Also, $130 is a lot lol. That's like 2 games sigh.

Hey hey hey hey, lol I am chinese also, but yes I understand what you mean, most of us tend to share the card around and also use one card to swipe for many people even in the morning, of course my family doesn't do it as we all have our own cards but my outer family I know uses one card to swipe 6 people in the morning and 4 of them back in the evening.

Also, $130 is a lot lol. That's like 2 games sigh.

Isn't there an 18 minute wait between swipes?

Archived