Am I officially off probation?

puertorocks

My appointment day is 7/27/2009. I woke up and was sick as a dog! Throwing up and diarrhea. I had no choice but to book off :)

yes but...

call union just in case , and get doctor notes just in case.

This way your butt is protected

But do you really need lines if you are off pro booking off 1 day?

If you are off probation and not on the sick control, then the answer to your question is no.

The only thing that I can tell you for certain is that, at the rate you're using your sick time, you can pretty much count on remaining a Conductor until you retire. Not bad if that's what you want, but you're poisoning your chances at moving up to Train Operator or another title.

Zman not sure why you would say that. I've used a total of 4 sick days in a year. That's only 33% of my sick time. Both my parents are sick my mom has M.S. And my dad has heart disease so I'm putting in for FMLA. I was just waiting to pass probation first.

Zman not sure why you would say that. I've used a total of 4 sick days in a year. That's only 33% of my sick time. Both my parents are sick my mom has M.S. And my dad has heart disease so I'm putting in for FMLA. I was just waiting to pass probation first.

From what the people who have MTA jobs have said in the past, any use of sick days whether valid or not will count against you in promotional situations. Im not sure if its legal for them to say not you cant be promoted because you used up some of your sick days but from the consensus I think it hurts your chances.

It's ridiculous I never thought I would work for a company that disciplines you for taking a few sick days...

They can and they will. Just make sure that you do better with your sick time usage, and get that FMLA application expedited! The TA cannot penalize you in any way, shape, or form for approved FMLA usage.

I've used a total of 4 sick days in a year. That's only 33% of my sick time.

For the first year of employment that is A LOT. Remember a few months ago how you were worried about getting your probation extended? Plus it's not the fact that you've used four days, it's how you used them: in multiple instances.

Believe me, I'm not being hard as I want you to have a successful career down here. Labor Relations? They're hard.

Archived