Suffolk and Bee-Line to become MTA?

East New York

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Um, it already happen already. Just internally.

I'm talking about external though.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um, it already happen already. Just internally.

The official name used in documentation (I have seen it, and presumably you have too) should be slapped on the buses with an Operated By: on the skirt.

I swear I read that Bee-Line operated the N1 to the N6 (the N3 is now gone, and there is no N5) in LI.

I don't trust people that don't reveal their "accurate sources of info," either.

Way back when (probably older than most posters here, including myself), there was indeed a Bee Line (not to be confused with today's Bee-Line in Westchester County) with its headquarters at today's Rockville Centre Depot. They had a red scheme. They grew through acquiring several other bus lines such as Stage Coach Lines (which also had acquired Mid-Island Transit), Rockville Centre Bus, and Utility Lines (which ran the N19 and S40-Suffolk as one route).

Of all Long Island Bus routes today, all of them were originally operated by private operators EXCEPT for these: N8 (new 2003), N43 (new 2003), N46 (new 1982), N50 (new 1982), N70 of today (new 1982), and possibly the N88.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I'm talking about external though.

Who cares about the legal names, they are part of one great family ATM... I mean MTA.

The official name used in documentation (I have seen it, and presumably you have too) should be slapped on the buses with an Operated By: on the skirt.

Way back when (probably older than most posters here), there was indeed a Bee Line (not to be confused with today's Bee-Line in Westchester County) with its headquarters at today's Rockville Centre Depot. They had a red scheme. They grew through acquiring several other bus lines/

Of all Long Island Bus routes today, all of them were originally operated by private operators EXCEPT for these: N8 (new 2003), N43 (new 2003), N46 (new 1982), N50 (new 1982), and possibly the N88.

That's what I thought... I thought companies weren't allowed to have the same exact name, but Nassau's Bee-Line was long gone by the time Westchester's was founded.

I was waiting for someone to get to me on that little discrepancy.

The rest of this post was going to be a long rant about how I hate forum moderators and don't trust people that "have connections" to executive level people. But I won't.

In the meantime, I do wish Harry would upload some LIB avatars. The N4 and my home route, the N25, run out of RVC.... and Lord knows I want something to help me convey that.

I swear I read that Bee-Line operated the N1 to the N6 (the N3 is now gone, and there is no N5) in LI.

I don't trust people that don't reveal their "accurate sources of info," either.

I'm sorry that you feel this way, but the day I give names, is the day I will never get anymore info. on anything! Believe you me, I would love to quote exactly where I get my info. But that would start waaaaay to much shit! It's called loyalty, and because of it, I will get 95% of what goes on in the MTA world for decades to come! (Lord Willing) After the New Flyer post, and the 90, 90, 90 post, they found out that I would never give up names no matter how many people didn't think what I posted was true. And that earned me a lifetime all access pass to all things MTA! Well..... most things. Not all!:P

....And that earned me a lifetime all access pass to all things MTA!

You been holdin out on us, ENY.... c'mon brah...

That's the real reason you went on that hiatus... got that scrooge mcduck type bank account huh !!

Well I want my cut !

I aint greedy... I'll take a couple hundred stacks....

Brooklyn style.

Seriously though, you don't ever rat out sources... especially of those who are relaying sensitive/private information.... people get seriously hurt... even killed, over ish' like that...

HELL NO! Keep Bee-Line OFF (MTA)! MTA is gonna fk everything up especially since they are losing money... SMFH.. Soon they gonna take over the world..............

The MTA & the Miami Heat...

going your way.

...what's this I'm hearing that Jay Walder is now a member of the Illuminati ??!?!?

You been holdin out on us, ENY.... c'mon brah...

That's the real reason you went on that hiatus... got that scrooge mcduck type bank account huh !!

Well I want my cut !

I aint greedy... I'll take a couple hundred stacks....

Brooklyn style.

Seriously though, you don't ever rat out sources... especially of those who are relaying sensitive/private information.... people get seriously hurt... even killed, over ish' like that...

Lol! Brooklyn Stand the **** up! I'm glad some people can see where I am coming from. I had to take care of some personal business for a while, so I was M.I.A. But now I'm back and it's on and poppin! I don't do this for recognition. I do it because I know that people other than me love all things transit/MTA, and/or just want to keep up on whats going on. You think I'm holding out now! Harry and myself are sitting on the biggest story of ALL time! I had to tell somebody!! I will cut you in my dude! But you gotta keep it locked right here to NYCTF!

HELL NO! Keep Bee-Line OFF (MTA)! MTA is gonna fk everything up especially since they are losing money... SMFH.. Soon they gonna take over the world..............

Lol! Who's Pinky, and who's The Brain??

You can say that again :P

5twiuf.jpg

I hope Bee-Line/Suffolk is smart enough not to go with the (MTA) at all. Especially with the crap thats going now!

I think All Of This is Bullshit. There's No way in hell they will f**k LIB over just to take over NY's best Bus system, Bee-Line is 10X better than the (MTA) and suffok county, Its no way, this is bullshit.

It is what it is..... Whether it happens or not is neither here nor there. I'm just telling what they are talking about on the inside.

Lol! Brooklyn Stand the **** up! I'm glad some people can see where I am coming from. I had to take care of some personal business for a while, so I was M.I.A. But now I'm back and it's on and poppin! I don't do this for recognition. I do it because I know that people other than me love all things transit/MTA, and/or just want to keep up on whats going on. You think I'm holding out now! Harry and myself are sitting on the biggest story of ALL time! I had to tell somebody!! I will cut you in my dude! But you gotta keep it locked right here to NYCTF!

tumblr_krogb3t3W51qzkrkao1_400.gif

You know people are gonna start hounding you now lol. Don't crack. :P

Its already possible for bL to be taken over and suffolk county as well so they might as well just acept the offer and Unite and Conqure.

I could see them eventually linking together all of the connected systems:

(MTA) New York City Transit

(MTA) New York City Bus

(MTA) Bus

(MTA) Long Island Bus

(MTA) Suffolk Transit

(MTA) Westchester Transit

(MTA) Rockland

Then imagine it eventually going para-state, with all the connected Midatlantic systems: (One of them already uses "MTA", another, a variation of it, and several of them have or have had similar blue stripe liveries:

(MTA) Connecticut Transit

(MTA) Pioneer Valley Transit

(MTA) New Jersey Transit

(MTA) Southeastern Pennylvania

(MTA) Delaware Area Rapid Transit

(MTA) Maryland

(MTA) Washington Metro

Stretch it even further into:

(MTA) Greater Richmond

(MTA) Hampton Roads

(MTA) Delmarva (Seashore Transit + STAR Transit. Perhaps also pick up through coach service which has been diminished)

Perhaps not so much as a single authority anymore, but as an umbrella franchise with similar standards and fare connectivity.

Just wild fantasy. Same transit livery in such a wide range of places.

I could see them eventually linking together all of the connected systems:

(MTA) New York City Transit

(MTA) New York City Bus

(MTA) Bus

(MTA) Long Island Bus

(MTA) Suffolk Transit

(MTA) Westchester Transit

(MTA) Rockland

Then imagine it eventually going para-state, with all the connected Midatlantic systems: (One of them already uses "MTA", another, a variation of it, and several of them have or have had similar blue stripe liveries:

(MTA) Connecticut Transit

(MTA) Pioneer Valley Transit

(MTA) New Jersey Transit

(MTA) Southeastern Pennylvania

(MTA) Delaware Area Rapid Transit

(MTA) Maryland

(MTA) Washington Metro

Stretch it even further into:

(MTA) Greater Richmond

(MTA) Hampton Roads

(MTA) Delmarva (Seashore Transit + STAR Transit. Perhaps also pick up through coach service which has been diminished)

Perhaps not so much as a single authority anymore, but as an umbrella franchise with similar standards and fare connectivity.

Just wild fantasy. Same transit livery in such a wide range of places.

Suffolk Transit should be a part of Long Island bus, not its own entity

The take over of bee-line and Suffolk Transit has always been on the table.

The old Westchester County executive, Andrew Spano, derailed immediate plans for the MTA to absorb the MTA, however in the last election, Andrew Spano lost his seat as County executive. Now with the new executive in place, the possibility of the MTA absorbing bee-line is now a reality.

As for Suffolk Transit, there has been MTA officials out to Suffolk Transit as well as numerous outside contractors looking at the ST service patterns. Its a toss up which property will be absorbed first, but its more closer to a reality than its not.

In response to the naming, eventually all identities will be lost. Internally already known as (MTA) Regional Bus Operations, once all the entities planned are absorbed, you can easily look to buses to start wearing the (MTA) Regional Bus branding. So no more (MTA) Bus, (MTA) New York City Bus or (MTA) Long Island Bus.

Also there were talks of Metro-North and Long Island railroad loosing their identities and just being known as (MTA) Regional Rail or (MTA) Railroads and the subway known as (MTA) Subway.

The take over of bee-line and Suffolk Transit has always been on the table.

The old Westchester County executive, Andrew Spano, derailed immediate plans for the MTA to absorb the MTA, however in the last election, Andrew Spano lost his seat as County executive. Now with the new executive in place, the possibility of the MTA absorbing bee-line is now a reality.

As for Suffolk Transit, there has been MTA officials out to Suffolk Transit as well as numerous outside contractors looking at the ST service patterns. Its a toss up which property will be absorbed first, but its more closer to a reality than its not.

Thanks for the info man! I didn't know any of the details at all. All I knew is that the buzz started up heavy again within the TA.

Broke as the (MTA) is and they're considering taking over Westchester and Suffolk? They must like digging their own grave

This makes no sense, but then again, this is the (MTA) we're talking about here. This agency ALWAYS makes me shake my head. I'm shocked I don't have whiplash from all of the shaking. lol

It's actually a pretty good idea, ignoring the fact that the MTA will probably mess up these agencies as well.

In response to the naming, eventually all identities will be lost. Internally already known as (MTA) Regional Bus Operations, once all the entities planned are absorbed, you can easily look to buses to start wearing the (MTA) Regional Bus branding. So no more (MTA) Bus, (MTA) New York City Bus or (MTA) Long Island Bus.

Also there were talks of Metro-North and Long Island railroad loosing their identities and just being known as (MTA) Regional Rail or (MTA) Railroads and the subway known as (MTA) Subway.

It should be:

(MTA) Subway - SIR, subway

(MTA) Bus - Suffolk, Nassau, current MTA bus, MTA NYCT Bus, Bee-Line

(MTA) Railroads - LIRR, MNRR

So here it is. The next shocker that I have been sitting on. As I understand, from an industry executive, MTA insiders have been trying to keep this under wraps. But not as long as East New York is on the scene! MTA is seriously considering a take over of Suffolk Transit, as well as Bee-Line. WTF is going on??? Are they serious?? Well.... It looks like they are! I will have more information as it becomes available! Stay tuned!

I think that you have bad information pertaining to the bee-line. My cousin is on the Westchester Transportation Board and he says t hat there hasnor been any discussion at all about the MTA taking over bee-line.

Archived