Suffolk and Bee-Line to become MTA?

East New York

At this rate, this will be the (MTA) in 2030.

USA:

(MTA) Boston and Worcester

(MTA) Pioneer Valley and Capital District

(MTA) Rhode Island and East Connecticut

(MTA) MTA West Connecticut and Hudson Valley

(MTA) New York City and Long Island

(MTA) Central New York and Aderondiacks

(MTA) Southern Tier and Finger Lakes

(MTA) West New York

(MTA) Catskills and Poconos

(MTA) New Jersey

(MTA) Delaware

(MTA) Philadelphia and Harrisburg

(MTA) Leigh Valley

(MTA) Rest of Pennsylvania

(MTA) Maryland (pun not intended)

(MTA) District of Columbia

(MTA) North Virginia and Richmond

(MTA) Richmond and Petersburg

(MTA) Hampton Roads

(MTA) Delmarva

(MTA) Research Triangle

(MTA) Great Smokeys

(MTA) Rest of North Carolina

And in Canada:

(MTA) Golden Horseshoe

(MTA) Cottage Country

(MTA) Northern Ontario

(MTA) Ottawa and Ganiteau

(MTA) Montreal and Quebec City

(MTA) Rest of Quebec

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that you have bad information pertaining to the bee-line. My cousin is on the Westchester Transportation Board and he says t hat there hasnor been any discussion at all about the MTA taking over bee-line.

Except that MTA officials have been on the bee-line property quite frequently doing inspections in the last year including having several MTA Orion Vs and MCIs maneuvering around the 475 facility in Yonkers. . .

Except that MTA officials have been on the bee-line property quite frequently doing inspections in the last year including having several MTA Orion Vs and MCIs maneuvering around the 475 facility in Yonkers. . .

Do you know the date of Liberty Lines contract ends? Thats probably a clue for MTA takeover.

USA:

(MTA) West New York

(MTA) New Jersey

(MTA) Delaware

(MTA) Leigh Valley

(MTA) Hampton Roads

(MTA) Delmarva

(MTA) Research Triangle

(MTA) Great Smokeys

(MTA) Rest of North Carolina

And in Canada:

(MTA) Golden Horseshoe

(MTA) Cottage Country

(MTA) Northern Ontario

(MTA) Rest of Quebec

the fare's gona be jacked up to $12.50, the 90-ride card will probably be gone by then, The Map will be 8 pages long and every single bus and train will look exactly the same in all the states...

I think that you have bad information pertaining to the bee-line. My cousin is on the Westchester Transportation Board and he says t hat there hasnor been any discussion at all about the MTA taking over bee-line.

Whether or not they are talking about it is not the topic of this thread. MTA insiders are talking about it. And I'm pretty sure if they are talking about it, someone within Bee-Line has to know something Gramps!

the fare's gona be jacked up to $12.50, the 90-ride card will probably be gone by then, The Map will be 8 pages long and every single bus and train will look exactly the same in all the states...

What's even better is Orion is Canadian... so they get nothing BUT Orions, much to everyone's dismay.

Whether or not they are talking about it is not the topic of this thread. MTA insiders are talking about it. And I'm pretty sure if they are talking about it, someone within Bee-Line has to know something Gramps!

Who are the MTA insiders who are talking about it ? Name the names and show me the quotes.

Who are the MTA insiders who are talking about it ? Name the names and show me the quotes.

What about this?...

If a person were to reveal the person's name, that person would no longer give insider info. So if you want insider info, you DON'T mention the person's name.

USA:

(MTA) West New York

(MTA) New Jersey

(MTA) Delaware

(MTA) Leigh Valley

(MTA) Hampton Roads

(MTA) Delmarva

(MTA) Research Triangle

And in Canada:

(MTA) Golden Horseshoe

(MTA) Cottage Country

(MTA) Northern Ontario

(MTA) Rest of Quebec

Don't see it leaving the country. But how about jumping cross the country with

(MTA) Southern California

(Since that system also took the MTA name). Perhaps this remote branch would be distinguished with the logo colored orange.

So why they are crying wolf about not having any money, I'm inclined to believe it's just a smoke screen.

Ya think? The MTA is represented by 68 different union locals,and it's contract time for like 60 of them. This is definitely par for the course as to how they operate. Cry poverty til the contracts are settled then they find the missing surplus money. Not the first or the last time either.

The quotes were made over the phone, and sorry but those names will never be known! Well, someone else here at NYCTF knows... But he'll never tell either!

Here we go again.

Westchester County (Lawrence Salley) opposes Bee Line-MTA Bus takeover

Westchester County’s Transportation Commissioner Lawrence Salley will say that Westchester opposes a plan that calls for the MTA to operate the county’s Bee-Line Bus System tomorrow when he speaks at a forum sponsored by the Tri-State Transportation Campaign and Regional Plan Association.

Salley is scheduled to speak before the regional transportation planning group at 9:30 a.m. tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 13, at the Radisson Hotel in New Rochelle.

“Consolidation into a Regional Bus Authority will cost Westchester taxpayers more and give our riders less,’’ said Salley. “We agree with many of the points in the Ravitch Commission report: that there should be more resources for bus services outside New York City and that those services should be better coordinated. We already share services with the MTA such as the MetroCard fare collection system and inter-system transfers. But consolidation of services will not be cheaper, nor will it be more efficient, and it certainly won’t be in the best interest of Westchester riders.’’

Salley said that contrary to some interpretations, the county does not believe that the Ravitch Commission Report calls for mandatory consolidation of local bus services into a single operating agency. He also disputed claims that there is feuding between counties over transportation funding and that a Regional Bus Authority would solve this problem as well as result in a more efficient and modern bus system.

“Our system is better maintained, our fleet newer and our buses more technologically and environmentally advanced than those run by the MTA,’’ said Salley. “As far as feuding with other counties over funding, that is just not true. Westchester simply wants parity with Nassau when it comes to funding its bus system.’’

The Bee-Line Bus System, with 32 million riders annually, has 66 bus routes from The Bronx to Putnam County line as well as an express service to lower Manhattan.

Salley said the county is not philosophically opposed to most of the recommendations made in the Ravitch commission report, which advocates for better coordination and more funding for regional systems.

“We just do not believe that eliminating local control is in the best interest of our riders or that the MTA can operate a local system more efficiently or cost effectively that we can,’’ said Salley.

To underscore his argument, Salley made the following points:

* Westchester already shares services with the MTA and could expand those to include other areas such as joint procurement of buses and other equipment.

* MTA operation would be less efficient and data indicates that costs would rise with consolidation. In 2007, the Bee-Line’s cost per mile was $9.80, the lowest among Metropolitan Area operators (Bee-Line, MTA Bus, Long Island Bus and NYCTA). In the three years following the 2006 MTA takeover of seven New York City private bus operators, the combined operating deficit rose from $223 million a year to a projected $341 million for 2009.

* Safety would be potentially compromised since the MTA is not required to meet higher safety standards required by the NYS Department of Transportation. Bee-line has ranked number one in the metropolitan area in maintenance and employee safety training.

* A regional bus system would hamper Westchester’s ability to use buses to help evacuate residents in the event of a natural or man-made disaster such as an incident at the Indian Point Nuclear Power plant.

^ That was back in February from BusChat discussion post by Gold_12th: http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=137092, in Yonkers Tribune article.

Westchester's major news paper "The Journal" also stated back in Feb from this pdf link in the government website against the takeover from MTA:

http://web006.westchestergov.com/articles/21309b.pdf

^ That was back in February from BusChat discussion post by Gold_12th: http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=137092, in Yonkers Tribune article.

Westchester's major news paper "The Journal" also stated back in Feb from this pdf link in the government website against the takeover from MTA:

http://web006.westchestergov.com/articles/21309b.pdf

yes i may know that but im am just putting it out there and i dont need to know who and where it was posted from.i giving so facts.

yes i may know that but im am just putting it out there and i dont need to know who and where it was posted from.i giving so facts.

It needs a link to the article anyway...

More importantly, since you work in Bee Line. Do you know when is Liberty Lines contract expires?

oh no,this is not good ;)

Why the heck do they want to buy beeline?The MTA is broke.

well me and my other buds on the job. one operater from beeline said this"it is a matter of time when liberty lines will disappear and us operaters to will be wearing the MTA patches.;)

I love this thread. It gets better and better! ;)

Right! I'm in awe of everything that has been going on in the bus world lately!!

I can see it now January 23,2011 will be the end of The Beeline system.oh god i hope im wrong.

I actually like Bee-Line the way it is now! I love their operations, and if they do become part of the MTA, I really hope nothing changes except the name. How about those NABI hybrids?? I haven't been on one yet, have never been a NABI fan either. But the TA inheriting those will be the biggest thing since seeing a 747-400 in Delta livery!

Right! I'm in awe of everything that has been going on in the bus world lately!!

I actually like Bee-Line the way it is now! I love their operations, and if they do become part of the MTA, I really hope nothing changes except the name. How about those NABI hybrids?? I haven't been on one yet, have never been a NABI fan either. But the TA inheriting those will be the biggest thing since seeing a 747-400 in Delta livery!

I love those NABIs. I rode them once and they have some muscle. I like the seating arrangement in the back, it allowed for a lot more room. They were pretty fun to ride for a Hybrid.

Archived