Suffolk and Bee-Line to become MTA?

East New York

Right! I'm in awe of everything that has been going on in the bus world lately!!

I actually like Bee-Line the way it is now! I love their operations, and if they do become part of the MTA, I really hope nothing changes except the name. How about those NABI hybrids?? I haven't been on one yet, have never been a NABI fan either. But the TA inheriting those will be the biggest thing since seeing a 747-400 in Delta livery!

When i was first assigned one when they first came into service. i got on and was checking it out like a chick lmao.tell the truth i love them buses.never had a single problem with them yet.and they do have a lot of power behind them.you have to ride one east new york you should hope on my bus one day we can chat and have a coffee and you can ride the route with me im always on the 45 mon-frid till 12:45 then i switch over to the 42.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love those NABIs. I rode them once and they have some muscle. I like the seating arrangement in the back, it allowed for a lot more room. They were pretty fun to ride for a Hybrid.

exactly i love the way they did the seating arrangments alot more room and no room was wasted.

I can see it now January 23,2011 will be the end of The Beeline system.oh god i hope im wrong.

Don't give up hope just yet,you guys run a good system,it well be a shame if the MTA took over with the budget that there in.

Just hang in there and tell the MTA to take a hike.

well me and my other buds on the job. one operater from beeline said this"it is a matter of time when liberty lines will disappear and us operaters to will be wearing the MTA patches.;)

I think its premature to answer this....Are there any discussions between Westchester government and Liberty Lines to get a new contract after Jan 2011 since one top Westchester DOT official opposes MTA takeover?

Well, if the Westchester County government is willing to let it go, then it may happen. I hope it doesn't happen, because as others have said, we all know what is happening to LI Bus.

If it true and if they let it go then Westchester County government is more stupider then the MTA.

''if you listening Westchester County,'' ''look at LI Bus,''that's your future.

Don't give up hope just yet,you guys run a good system,it well be a shame if the MTA took over with the budget that there in.

Just hang in there and tell the MTA to take a hike.

Is January 2011 the expiration of the TWU contract with Liberty or the end of the contract between Liberty and the county ?

If Westchester County maintains its funding levels, then it won't have a LI Bus fiasco on their hands.

However, since Bee-Line and MTA have different service standards and loading guidelines, a massive service trimming/retiming would occur as soon as any takeover is complete. Clock-face intervals would result in some reduction in service and an increase in weekend service. Some low-performing routes may have to be eliminated, and I have a feeling that the shuttle loops will go or be funded by MNR.

Articulated450, what are the Bee-Line routes with the highest operating cost/lowest ridership?

Well, if the Westchester County government is willing to let it go, then it may happen. I hope it doesn't happen, because as others have said, we all know what is happening to LI Bus.

I really wish you all would stop saying this! If the MTA had not stepped in, LIB would be in a much worse condition! They had less money when the MTA took over. Had they not, the service cuts would have likely been much steeper, and they probably wouldn't have NG's right now either! Nassau wasn't helping out then, and they for damn sure aren't helping the situation now! You can't make definitive comments when you are on the outside looking in! You have to find out exactly what's going on from the inside! They are likely much better off now then they would have been if the MTA had not stepped in. They had absolutely no money at all, and were on the verge of going under. So please look at it for what it is, not what you all want it to be.

However, since Bee-Line and MTA have different service standards and loading guidelines, a massive service trimming/retiming would occur as soon as any takeover is complete. Clock-face intervals would result in some reduction in service and an increase in weekend service. Some low-performing routes may have to be eliminated, and I have a feeling that the shuttle loops will go or be funded by MNR.

Articulated450, what are the Bee-Line routes with the highest operating cost/lowest ridership?

Just as Zman said, if Westchester keeps funding levels where they are, this won't be an issue. Their operations are a lot better than LIB's were. MTA can't justify cutting any service if they have the county funds!

I really wish you all would stop saying this! If the MTA had not stepped in, LIB would be in a much worse condition! They had less money when the MTA took over. Had they not, the service cuts would have likely been much steeper, and they probably wouldn't have NG's right now either! Nassau wasn't helping out then, and they for damn sure aren't helping the situation now! You can't make definitive comments when you are on the outside looking in! You have to find out exactly what's going on from the inside! They are likely much better off now then they would have been if the MTA had not stepped in. They had absolutely no money at all, and were on the verge of going under. So please look at it for what it is, not what you all want it to be.

Just as Zman said, if Westchester keeps funding levels where they are, this won't be an issue. Their operations are a lot better than LIB's were. MTA can't justify cutting any service if they have the county funds!

When DID the MTA step in? 1973 or after?

With the (MTA) taking a greater role in regional transportation, hopefully Albany will kick in more support. They do serve it, especially after that bullshit bailout.

I think All Of This is Bullshit. There's No way in hell they will f**k LIB over just to take over NY's best Bus system, Bee-Line is 10X better than the (MTA) and suffok county, Its no way, this is bullshit.

And for the record, LIB f****d it's own self over.

With the (MTA) taking a greater role in regional transportation, hopefully Albany will kick in more support. They do serve it, especially after that bullshit bailout.
I wonder if making it a statewide agency would make that more likely.

And for the record, LIB f****d it's own self over.

how did LIB f*** itself over?

i am on the inside and i can tell you this LIB was fine before the MTA started bringing there people in. they came in changed runs many times did cuts which some where needed they added more bosses and waste money doing this so to me there really isn't much of a difference since they been in fully.

They keep saying 2008 was the best year for LIB, when average ridership hit 109,878 people... I suppose this was either before or after RBO was formed and the buses stopped using 3 digit numbers.

I suppose things were better in the middle of last decade for each agency...

And if you're a legit B/O, why hasn't Harry given you the pink title? Don't you want to avoid having to say it every time you post?

They keep saying 2008 was the best year for LIB, when average ridership hit 109,878 people... I suppose this was either before or after RBO was formed and the buses stopped using 3 digit numbers.

And if you're a legit B/O, why hasn't Harry given you the pink title? Don't you want to avoid having to say it every time you post?

how do you get a pink title? didnt know this. tell me how and i will do it.

I wonder if making it a statewide agency would make that more likely.

It worked wonders for NJT, and it would give the TA more influence in terms of funding (no longer would upstate politicians bitch about giving the agency too much, when their constituents have invested interest in the service)

how did LIB f**k itself over?

When one doesn't pay it's fair share for service. Nassau County has allowed the (MTA) to subsidize LIBus for about thirty years now while only kicking in bare minimum support.

It worked wonders for NJT, and it would give the TA more influence in terms of funding (no longer would upstate politicians bitch about giving the agency too much, when their constituents have invested interest in the service)

When one doesn't pay it's fair share for service. Nassau County has allowed the (MTA) to subsidize LIBus for about thirty years now while only kicking in bare minimum support.

how can you totally blame nassau. MTA gets all the money from LIB revenue. i agree nassau has to add money money in but you cant expect them to do it all at once. if the MTA felt this way they should of never came over full tilt and bring all there 100+K people with them at LIB. that is wasting money. a boss watching another boss...

how did LIB f*** itself over?

i am on the inside and i can tell you this LIB was fine before the MTA started bringing there people in. they came in changed runs many times did cuts which some where needed they added more bosses and waste money doing this so to me there really isn't much of a difference since they been in fully.

There may not be much of a difference, and I agree the TA is good for wasting money, but from what I have seen (LIB/Nassau cash flow), if the MTA did not step in there would have been many more cuts than the ones that recently took place. I understand it may have appeared LIB was doing fine, but the financial statements tell a different story.

You have to post so many times (and sometimes more) before you are granted "titles." He hit the magic number today, so it will reflect soon.

how can you totally blame nassau. MTA gets all the money from LIB revenue. i agree nassau has to add money money in but you cant expect them to do it all at once. if the MTA felt this way they should of never came over full tilt and bring all there 100+K people with them at LIB. that is wasting money. a boss watching another boss...

I don't completely blame Nassau county. I mostly blame Albany for treating the (MTA) like the bastard child child of the state, and setting the precedence for underfunding essential transit services that Nassau County seems to have followed. And of course the (MTA) for having the money management skills of a cocaine addict with a platinum credit card.

I don't completely blame Nassau county. I mostly blame Albany for treating the (MTA) like the bastard child child of the state, and setting the precedence for underfunding essential transit services that Nassau County seems to have followed. And of course the (MTA) for having the money management skills of a cocaine addict with a platinum credit card.

More like a Black card!! Lol

Archived