MTA as a career

irishlad

Hi everybody,

I am a relatively new member and I have been reading the questions and answers member give.

Last year I took transit electrical helper 8081. I got a letter yesterday from dcas asking if I wanted to be placed on a special list if I had a driver's license and a learner's permit for a cdl.

I have a driver's license right now but no cdl. Would I get an offer quicker if I had a cdl etc or should I wait for the list to be established for transit electrical and just wait it out. I estimate I got 85 or 86 based on the answer key I got from DCAS last year.

I am now in my early 40's and looking to work at transit for 20 plus yrs.

Any info or comments would be appreciated.

Hi everybody,

I am a relatively new member and I have been reading the questions and answers member give.

Last year I took transit electrical helper 8081. I got a letter yesterday from dcas asking if I wanted to be placed on a special list if I had a driver's license and a learner's permit for a cdl.

I have a driver's license right now but no cdl. Would I get an offer quicker if I had a cdl etc or should I wait for the list to be established for transit electrical and just wait it out. I estimate I got 85 or 86 based on the answer key I got from DCAS last year.

I am now in my early 40's and looking to work at transit for 20 plus yrs.

Any info or comments would be appreciated.

It says that you just need a CDL learner's permit. If I were you, I'd get that permit and go onto the special list.

Archived