Do You Like Mom And Pops?

EE Broadway Local

I know stores like K-Mart, Target, Wal-Mart, Staples, Office Max, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Kroger's, Burger King etc have become popular, but, maybe, do you like some of the "old" New York - the Mom And Pops - bagel bakeries, candy stores, delis, green grocers, luncheonettes, newsstands, pizzarias with sidewalk stand up windows, stationary stores, small supermarkets (like A & P, Associated, Food Emporium, Mets), bodegas, etc. and, if you do, what are some of your favorite "small box" stores?

I know stores like K-Mart, Target, Wal-Mart, Staples, Office Max, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Kroger's, Burger King etc have become popular, but, maybe, do you like some of the "old" New York - the Mom And Pops - bagel bakeries, candy stores, delis, green grocers, luncheonettes, newsstands, pizzarias with sidewalk stand up windows, stationary stores, small supermarkets (like A & P, Associated, Food Emporium, Mets), bodegas, etc. and, if you do, what are some of your favorite "small box" stores?

My neighborhood Bodega in Bed-Stuy.

ok, I know I'm not the only one that read that thread title & thought... WTF ???

anyway, to be honest, the mom & pop stores here in East Flatbush... have slowly turned into weed spots....

For some of you, there's that one bodega/corner store in your hood you know NEVER to buy shit from....

well here on Church av b/w Nostrand & Utica, there are SIX.

..and that's just Church av.

ok, I know I'm not the only one that read that thread title & thought... WTF ???

anyway, to be honest, the mom & pop stores here in East Flatbush... have slowly turned into weed spots....

For some of you, there's that one bodega/corner store in your hood you know NEVER to buy shit from....

That is so true. The corner from my house is packed with these rats all day, every day. Luckily, there's a bodega along the "escape path" that I frequent often. Never hurts for when you want a breakfast sandwich on the way to school.

Why

I happen to like Goody's. 540 Main Street.

I second this post. I supported them by buying official Goody's merchandise last year too in addition to the usual. I've also started buying from them for various home improvement projects around here (mostly paint related).

Archived