The Orange M... One month later

error46146

...so today marks the 1-month anniversary of the new Orange M train..what are your thoughts on it now that it has actually run for a bit..do you still think its stupid or is it a success now?

Foam away.

Honestly imo the orange M aint that bad...it'd be much better if it came on weekends but oh well thats the MTA..to me its just a shorter V train lol

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Don't you mean "Longer" distance wise but yeah with the new M service is 3x more faster than before in a given time period vs the old 1 for every Z M J

I've posted on this topic in other threads so I'll just say briefly: it's been a major improvement for me and has cut down my commute noticeably. Yes, headways could be better, and eventually we're going to need weekend and late night service. But still, it's well on the way to knocking off the (L) as the hippest train in town. I just want to know, when is the Transit Museum going to get (M) tees?

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

1 month ago, many people were saying that its gonna screw up QBL and that its not gonna last...would those people please stand up so I can dropkick ya lol

...I never doubted it and I never will

1 month ago, many people were saying that its gonna screw up QBL and that its not gonna last...would those people please stand up so I can dropkick ya lol

...I never doubted it and I never will

Please, don't rub it in. That being said, the (M) is here, yes...let's just all deal with it but the beauty of it all is I don't have to like it!

Ridgewood FreshPond and Glendale and Middle Village stand Up! Woot-woot (M) FTW!

I've always enjoyed the 70(M), the (Mx), and the new(M). Heck, I enjoyed the old MJ. But this newest incarnation has been wonderful. The overall service is much improved and it seems to be doing its job of alleviating overcrowding on the (E) and (F). I agree with the (M) needing to be extended during weekends. With the fare increase coming up, the (MTA) is going to have to "give" something to take the sting away and everyday service would certainly help.

4th ave in Brooklyn misses having the (Mx) quite a bit. The platforms are crowded as are the ®s.

A little SRO isnt going to hurt anyone, I won't even bring up the IRT in the Bronx as far as getting a seat, or even a comfortable place to stand is concerned.

4th ave in Brooklyn misses having the (Mx) quite a bit. The platforms are crowded as are the ®s.

Ironic as it is always empty until Pacific Street for the people that need Nassau. When I ride it.

Either way the new (M) is fine, I use it like the (V).

Would it be a good idea if the (M) was to be extended during the weekend?

Have the (M) run via 63rd Street,to 21s Street-Queensbridge and reroute the (F) via 53rd Street?

That would be confusing...(F) and (M) switching tunnels on weekends is not a good idea. Someone proposed sending the (M) to 57 Street/6 Avenue.

Would it be a good idea if the (M) was to be extended during the weekend?

Have the (M) run via 63rd Street,to 21s Street-Queensbridge and reroute the (F) via 53rd Street?

There'd be no reason to switch the tunnels, but otherwise, if we had been in the service increase phase were were in a few years ago, they probably would have run the weekend service, as they were going to run the (Mx) to Chambers, and the Forest Hills service would be even more justified than that on weekends.

Honestly I find nothing special about the (M) I've only rode it 2 or 3x since it's debut b\c like I said before nothing's special about it the cut is not a big thing2 be excited about or foam over.But I was not a supporter of the (M) b\c 1.Sending this via 53rd it would had been better to send it up 63rd.

2.Queens Blvd is packed everyday and the (M) is not helping due to 8car-R160 but w\e I could care less.

Yes this (M) has had supposedly failed there was times the (M) went to Lower Manhattan and maybe Brooklyn(unsure about but yes Lower Manhattan),(M) went up 63rd St a few times and much more but I have no passion for this line it's nothing special too me.But I do like how the (M) storms into stations on Qns Blvd b\c of less weight vs. a 10car R160 and 8car R46.

53rd CAN'T HANDLE THE (E) AND (F). Those platforms were already packed. IF people really needed those stations they'll stay on the (E) or take the (M). (F) riders can bypass those stations and get to midtown with minimal delays.

It has in the past but now with the (M) it's even worst b\c of 2less cars at least the (F) you have those2 extra cars.You see what I mean now.

For 5th Av riders will have to run for the train. But at Lexington, the trains still stops at the Lexington side rather than 3rd Av. If they didn't take the (V) in the first place, then what difference will 2 cars make with the (M)?

53rd has handled both the (E) and (F) before, it's just that it is sub-optimal to run things that way with 63rd available. To say that 53rd can't handle them would be inaccurate. :-)

Ok, it can, but it was best to split them so QB express riders don't overwhelm the station and pile onto the (6). At least they should take the (R) where they can also get the (4)(5).

Ok, it can, but it was best to split them so QB express riders don't overwhelm the station and pile onto the (6). At least they should take the (R) where they can also get the (4)(5).

Clearly the best foamerific solution is to just convert 51st to an express stop.

Archived