Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
553 Bridgeton

Crazy!

This is why the (MTA) should install platform screen doors at every single subway station. It might cost a lot but people don't know how to behave next to a rail line.

Guest lance25

And how would that be implemented? The only line that could possibly have platform doors is the (L) because of CBTC. Without that, T/Os would have to line up the trains perfectly with the doors or passengers won't be able to get on/off the train.

And how would that be implemented? The only line that could possibly have platform doors is the (L) because of CBTC. Without that, T/Os would have to line up the trains perfectly with the doors or passengers won't be able to get on/off the train.

Yep, and the non consistent trains with 60' and 75' doesn't help either.

Is that such a problem? It's done successfully in dozens of cities across the globe.

Is that such a problem? It's done successfully in dozens of cities across the globe.

Were talking about stopping perfect for 100% of the line, and I know for a fact T/O's(no disrespect) do not stop perfect 100% on there route.

Now Union Sq on the (4)(5)(6) require T/Os to stop on the dime.

Now listen to what you said "done successfully in dozens of cities across the globe".

You figure Japan, China and all of them other countries that are very high tech and has money to add platform screen doors. Alot of them systems do not operate 24/7 and most of them systems overseas are ATO/CBTC especially in Japan and China and Europe.

Those systems are alot younger then NYC Subway, except for the London Tube which is up there in age with NYC, but I dont think it has platforms screen doors.

Were talking about stopping perfect for 100% of the line, and I know for a fact T/O's(no disrespect) do not stop perfect 100% on there route.

Now Union Sq on the (4)(5)(6) require T/Os to stop on the dime.

Heh and some people think these ATO trains are "on point"...

Now listen to what you said "done successfully in dozens of cities across the globe".

You figure Japan, China and all of them other countries that are very high tech and has money to add platform screen doors. Alot of them systems do not operate 24/7 and most of them systems overseas are ATO/CBTC especially in Japan and China and Europe.

Those systems are alot younger then NYC Subway, except for the London Tube which is up there in age with NYC, but I dont think it has platforms screen doors.

I just love the "Oh it works everywhere else it should work here" Statements...

I see a "12-9" in their future if they keep pulling that stupid stunt. It's a shame NYPD transit wasn't available to arrest those clowns.

Isn`t there a thread with the same video already up below?

This was made before the other one I believe.

This is why the (MTA) should install platform screen doors at every single subway station. It might cost a lot but people don't know how to behave next to a rail line.

That feature is good , but it just might backfire on rail fanners like US!

That feature is good , but it just might backfire on rail fanners like US!

If they were to do it, then oh well because by then the entire system will be NTT and will be railfanless.