Crazy!

553 Bridgeton

Guest lance25

And how would that be implemented? The only line that could possibly have platform doors is the (L) because of CBTC. Without that, T/Os would have to line up the trains perfectly with the doors or passengers won't be able to get on/off the train.

And how would that be implemented? The only line that could possibly have platform doors is the (L) because of CBTC. Without that, T/Os would have to line up the trains perfectly with the doors or passengers won't be able to get on/off the train.

Yep, and the non consistent trains with 60' and 75' doesn't help either.

Is that such a problem? It's done successfully in dozens of cities across the globe.

Is that such a problem? It's done successfully in dozens of cities across the globe.

Were talking about stopping perfect for 100% of the line, and I know for a fact T/O's(no disrespect) do not stop perfect 100% on there route.

Now Union Sq on the (4)(5)(6) require T/Os to stop on the dime.

Now listen to what you said "done successfully in dozens of cities across the globe".

You figure Japan, China and all of them other countries that are very high tech and has money to add platform screen doors. Alot of them systems do not operate 24/7 and most of them systems overseas are ATO/CBTC especially in Japan and China and Europe.

Those systems are alot younger then NYC Subway, except for the London Tube which is up there in age with NYC, but I dont think it has platforms screen doors.

Were talking about stopping perfect for 100% of the line, and I know for a fact T/O's(no disrespect) do not stop perfect 100% on there route.

Now Union Sq on the (4)(5)(6) require T/Os to stop on the dime.

Heh and some people think these ATO trains are "on point"...

Now listen to what you said "done successfully in dozens of cities across the globe".

You figure Japan, China and all of them other countries that are very high tech and has money to add platform screen doors. Alot of them systems do not operate 24/7 and most of them systems overseas are ATO/CBTC especially in Japan and China and Europe.

Those systems are alot younger then NYC Subway, except for the London Tube which is up there in age with NYC, but I dont think it has platforms screen doors.

I just love the "Oh it works everywhere else it should work here" Statements...

This is why the (MTA) should install platform screen doors at every single subway station. It might cost a lot but people don't know how to behave next to a rail line.

That feature is good , but it just might backfire on rail fanners like US!

Archived