The Qbx1; not as we will remember come September

CPBO

When the fall pick starts the Qbx1 will be a thing of the past....It will now be split into 2 new routes. The Q50, and the Bx23! We here at CP will Not be driving it as we know it today. Looks like we will be driving it from Main St. to Pelham Bay and back. As more info comes out I will update.....

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Ah i knew this was going to happen so when is the last day run of the former qbx1?

This makes perfect sense. No longer will I have to wait 30 minutes for a bus to Flushing to show up

Will it be in (MTA)New York City Bus? and if will, wat depot will the Q50 and Bx23 be on?

A new route technically doesn't mean the schedule will change. All they're doing is splitting the QBx1 in two. The Bxwhatever which will serve the loop, and the Q50. Whatever timetable the Pelham - Flushing QBx1 has, the Q50 is likely to have.

It'll still be (MTA)bus

ECH will operate the Bx23

CP will handle the Q50

but the discrepancy now is will the Q50 end at PBP or loop thru Co-op the MTA docs showed that the Q50 will still run 1-2-3-4-5 to Co-op and 5-4-3-2-1 to PBP and Flushing. Not ending at PBP.....The Bx23 will still be the clusterf**k the Qbx1 is now in Co-op with all the different routings.

I hope it ends at Bay Plaza

In my opinion, the Q50 would probably run only up to Pelham Bay Park since the Bx29 covers Section 5 between Bay Plaza and Pelham Bay Park. If the Q50 did run to Bay Plaza, it would give more reason to kill the Bx29 in Coop City.

When the fall pick starts the Qbx1 will be a thing of the past....It will now be the Q50! We here at CP will Not be driving it as we know it today. Looks like we will be driving it from Main St. to Pelham Bay and back. As more info comes out I will update.....

Hold on---a College Poing driver would take the bus to Pelham Bay and then an Eastchester driver would take over to Earhart Lane?

The documents I have seen for this have it like this:

1. Q50: Main Street-Whitestone-Pelham Bay Park-1-2-3-4-5-end and layover at Earhart Lane:

2. Bx23: Pelham Bay Park-Co-op City circulator, except during the rush, when service would run 1-2-3 and 4-5 only.

In my opinion, the Q50 would probably run only up to Pelham Bay Park since the Bx29 covers Section 5 between Bay Plaza and Pelham Bay Park. If the Q50 did run to Bay Plaza, it would give more reason to kill the Bx29 in Coop City.

Ok, I'd rather the Q50 end at Pelham Bay then

I think the Q50 should still go to Co-Op City. There are people there that go further than Pelham Bay and they shouldn't have to transfer just to go to 2 more stops when they didn't have to before. Truth be told, if they just reworked the schedule to make the current QBx1 much better and reliable than it is now, this discussion wouldn't be happening.

I think the Q50 should still go to Co-Op City. There are people there that go further than Pelham Bay and they shouldn't have to transfer just to go to 2 more stops when they didn't have to before. Truth be told, if they just reworked the schedule to make the current QBx1 much better and reliable than it is now, this discussion wouldn't be happening.

...and merge the seven million services that now run under the QBx1 name.

Exactly! One service pattern is all that the line needs. God knows I was so confused the first time I rode the QBx1 in 2006.

Maybe not one, but

1. the full route

2. a short turn at Pelham Bay from whichever side has more traffic

is all the route really needs.

I say the Q50 should Mimic the Bx12 from PBP to Bay Plaza and Bay Plaza as the terminal. In Qns they could get rid of the Q26 and replace it with the Q50 if nothing more than to get it out of sharing a stop with the Q19 in front of Joe's (I HATE THAT STOP)...The Bx23 should have 1 simple clockwise (1-2-3-4-5) and counterclockwise (5-4-3-2-1) loops around Co-op with trips alternating the 2 loops with PBP being the universal terminal..

The problem that I have with the Q50 is that it runs around Co-Op City ending at section 5-the closest section to Peham Bay Park. I don't think anybody would use that section of the route to get to the 6 train. Bay Plaza would probably be a better terminal unless the idea is to have a Q38-style route where it is really just 2 routes that have been through routed. (People use it to ride from Rego Park/East Elmhurst to Middle Village/Glendale, not Rego Park to East Elmhurst)

I'd rather have additional Bx23 service on the eastern side of Co-Op City to connect with the Q50, with an additional free transfer between the 2 routes and routes that intersect wth them (I think this should be applied everywhere, but that's a different story)

Archived