LGA Depot Discussion

East New York

Calm down man. There is no need for you to talk to another user that way.

Thank you !

That is true. But it can't hurt to at least type something a bit more readable. To me it's more 'text speak'.

Thank you

LOL ITS WRONG not rong, You write like a 5 year old, Yeah you were wrong.

And i type it in a diffrent way , and im 15 , why do you try to put people down and cursing on the forums ? i thought harry didnt allow that hmm?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Ok the way I see it (from a neurtral point of view) its like this...

The reason why it seems like Baisley Pk is better than LGA in terms of maintenance is cuz BP has fewer buses & routes than LGA does. Theoretically speaking, BP buses would see more care time than LGA would. Most of LGA's routes are heavy-used so those buses are in and out the depot with little or no care time.

The reason why those ex Bee-Line buses are dropping like flies here is cuz back up in Westchester, they were more cared for and generally less used comapred to NYC. If anything, the most of the streets up there are better maintained than here. As soon as those buses hit the pothole-filled NYC streets, added to depots with deferred maintenance, the life expentancy for those buses started to drop worse than the buses themselves did.

Its not just a maintenance problem, you have to look at the problem as a whole. Compare any bus in NYC in any depot with another one of the same model around the country, and the life expentancy is gonna be lower.

That still doesnt sum up everything, LGA also never had experience with Orion V Diesels. They had CNGs but they were built differently, the engine compartments of those two types of buses are extremely different in terms of how things are placed, worked on and layed out. They wouldnt send one bus to a contractor, otherwise we'd see hoards of buses coming in with fresh schemes, last I was told, 3505 made a visit to Queens Village depot.

Both depots never had experiences with Orion V Diesels thoroughly, Baisley Park & LGA had some 100 series Orion Vs during the takeover and they still maintained their suburban seats, but they were never used to their fullest extent, so they converted their buses to local configurations. Some of those 100s saw life on the QM21 and QM24 routes during the major takeover.

Like I said, both depots are to be blamed for their lack of maintenance. Those Bee Lines ran very well on all kinds of streets and stayed up to the fullest, Bee Line maintained those buses and kept them new, once they made their way to our turf, they started dying left and right. Both depots are to be blamed for their lack of maintenance. Baisley Park may have been good with the RTSs, but they still had their worst batch even way back when.

wrong, Basiley Park Never Had 100 ex NYCT Orion V's, I lived near the depot all my damn life, when the (MTA) took over they gave us Classics from NYBS and 1991 RTS 06's, the 1st one was 8174, Yeah Bee-line took very good care of those buses but I blame the (MTA) for messing with them before they both went to LGA and BP, My Freind who works over at BP told me the contractor part, Basiley Park stop painting their buses in 2007, JFK,ECH and College Point did the (MTA) bus paintjobs and Now they go wherever they do paint jobs, I know BP mantanice, Im not saying its the best, Im just telling you those Orion V's are giving troble, whatever the (MTA) did to those buses was plan retarted, plus when BP 1st got them their lights were not working, BP fix those buses up, but when you govern a bus at 30 (back when they 1st came) it creates future transmission problems, so for the ones who disagree It does not bother me, but as a person that used to live 1 block from the depot, knows whats going on, I don't Blame LGA or BP for these Orion V's having Problems, I Blame the (MTA), when BP had 244,424 (ones that ran good) they ran with no problem especialy 424, that was faster than 244, they should have kept 424, that was my favorite one as well as 244.

wrong, Basiley Park Never Had 100 ex NYCT Orion V's, I lived near the depot all my damn life, when the (MTA) took over they gave us Classics from NYBS and 1991 RTS 06's, the 1st one was 8174, Yeah Bee-line took very good care of those buses but I blame the (MTA) for messing with them before they both went to LGA and BP, My Freind who works over at BP told me the contractor part, Basiley Park stop painting their buses in 2007, JFK,ECH and College Point did the (MTA) bus paintjobs and Now they go wherever they do paint jobs, I know BP mantanice, Im not saying its the best, Im just telling you those Orion V's are giving troble, whatever the (MTA) did to those buses was plan retarted, plus when BP 1st got them their lights were not working, BP fix those buses up, but when you govern a bus at 30 (back when they 1st came) it creates future transmission problems, so for the ones who disagree It does not bother me, but as a person that used to live 1 block from the depot, knows whats going on, I don't Blame LGA or BP for these Orion V's having Problems, I Blame the (MTA), when BP had 244,424 (ones that ran good) they ran with no problem especialy 424, that was faster than 244, they should have kept 424, that was my favorite one as well as 244.

Baisley Park had batch 115-120 and they didnt make it out on local service. They also had the Suburban Orion Vs when it jumped from PBL to PBL. I have the old roster sheet in my hard drive, they had at least 5 buses and they didnt really make it out to service other than the QM21 considering the majority of classics they had got shafted over to JFK/Far Rockaway right during this swap. The ones that made it out to service the most during the time where the College Point batch, when the 140-160 batch were on the Express Routes. This was also during the time the MTA exercised the long term MCI D4500CL order. The Orion Vs that went to various depots were transferred to JFK & Far Rockaway afterwards.

All the 100 series Orion Vs were spread out all over the place and every depot except Spring Creek, Eastchester & Yonkers had them for a short while. LGA had 101-107, College Point had 108-114, Baisley Park had 115-120, and then they started flowing the rest into JFK & Far Rockaway in which eventually those buses also found their way there.

What could help LGA is if the unions agrees to give up some bus routes to NYCT [CS, etc] as isn't the problem being that LGA can't handle all the buses there? Seems they need LESS buses or another depot to handle all the buses there.

I agree with that

Baisley Park had batch 115-120 and they didnt make it out on local service. They also had the Suburban Orion Vs when it jumped from PBL to PBL. I have the old roster sheet in my hard drive, they had at least 5 buses and they didnt really make it out to service other than the QM21 considering the majority of classics they had got shafted over to JFK/Far Rockaway right during this swap. The ones that made it out to service the most during the time where the College Point batch, when the 140-160 batch were on the Express Routes. This was also during the time the MTA exercised the long term MCI D4500CL order. The Orion Vs that went to various depots were transferred to JFK & Far Rockaway afterwards.

All the 100 series Orion Vs were spread out all over the place and every depot except Spring Creek, Eastchester & Yonkers had them for a short while. LGA had 101-107, College Point had 108-114, Baisley Park had 115-120, and then they started flowing the rest into JFK & Far Rockaway in which eventually those buses also found their way there.

Dude I lived one block away from the depot, 115-120 never made it to BP, I rerember the 1st day they took over, They Had MCI Classics from NYBS to bump off those GMC RTS to JFK, I seen what was going on there, that roster sheet is wrong, I used to see the depot every single day until march of 2010, I did not see any ex NYCT Orion V's at BP and I did not see them on the QM21, If they were at Basiley Park someone would have gotten a photo of it, And trust Me there was a flood of Busfans that day when (MTA) took over and they gotten shots, If any bus fan would have seen one of those ex NYCT express Orion V's on the QM21 they would have gotten shots.

Dude I lived one block away from the depot, 115-120 never made it to BP, I rerember the 1st day they took over, They Had MCI Classics from NYBS to bump off those GMC RTS to JFK, I seen what was going on there, that roster sheet is wrong, I used to see the depot every single day until march of 2010, I did not see any ex NYCT Orion V's at BP and I did not see them on the QM21, If they were at Basiley Park someone would have gotten a photo of it, And trust Me there was a flood of Busfans that day when (MTA) took over and they gotten shots, If any bus fan would have seen one of those ex NYCT express Orion V's on the QM21 they would have gotten shots.

I did state that the buses were not there for very long, they were only there for two days max, also forgot to mention that not every bus during the takeover stayed at their regular depot, as swaps kept going on throughout the days ahead. Lets just drop the subject since we are bringing this topic way off course.

LOL ITS WRONG not rong, You write like a 5 year old, Yeah you were wrong.

You're one of the last people in here who should be talking about someone's writing because your writing leaves a lot to be desired. Before you try to correct someone, take a good look at what YOU write before you post it.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Do you think that the maintenance of the buses at LGA is the real problem, not just the buses?

2. Is there a way to change the maintenance people who deal with the buses over at LGA?

I've passed by LGA and have ridden a few buses from there and most of them look so raggedy. I've wondered in the past if the guys in LGA really give a damn about those buses.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Do you think that the maintenance of the buses at LGA is the real problem, not just the buses?

2. Is there a way to change the maintenance people who deal with the buses over at LGA?

I've passed by LGA and have ridden a few buses from there and most of them look so raggedy. I've wondered in the past if the guys in LGA really give a damn about those buses.

They just have too many buses to take care of (kind of like Jamaica Yard).

They just have too many buses to take care of (kind of like Jamaica Yard).

Damn. There should be another depot built so that there can be an even amount of buses and proper maintenance for the buses but that means money and money the (MTA) doesn't have. Sad, sad, sad.

Why is everyone still bashing LGA? Not every single bus in the depot is "crapped out" or in terrible shape. There are some good buses there; I ride the Q67 every night and I get no problems, hell I've even got buses that can do 50 mph (even Orion V's & OG's). This is just like talking about Jamaica yard. Everyone sees some bad things about it and assumes that the yard is bad as a whole. If LGA is as bad as everyone says it is, how come there's still buses on the road that don't crap out? To me , the NGs are doing fine and the RTSs are holding up just fine. The Orion Vs there weren't used to NYC streets so naturally they're gonna die faster than the others. The only suggestions I have is (money willing) build an annex or shift some routes around

As I posted in the BP thread, LGA IMO is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I also don't think they need a new depot in Queens. There are already a million of them. The MTA just needs to hurry up and merge the operations so they can start shifting routes around. Besides, if LGA was really THAT bad, I don't think they would be N. Division Headquarters. I am also convinced that their mechanics are only pros on the RTS. That has been the backbone of the Triboro fleet for ages.

I have not ridden buses that has the most breakdowns as LGA Depot's. I remember riding the Q53 bus in Queens, every third bus was taken out of service due to problems, which I can't remember exactly.[/

dont forget the Q101, tats bfre CP now LGA

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

As I posted in the BP thread, LGA IMO is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I also don't think they need a new depot in Queens. There are already a million of them. The MTA just needs to hurry up and merge the operations so they can start shifting routes around. Besides, if LGA was really THAT bad, I don't think they would be N. Division Headquarters. I am also convinced that their mechanics are only pros on the RTS. That has been the backbone of the Triboro fleet for ages.

That's exactly what I'm saying :tup:

LGA is the same as the triboro days, the only difference is that they take care of the RTS, I never been on a NG that Leaks, That's Not good, even if they have alot of routes they should give some to other depots. like GC mentioned, Give the Q67/39 to Fresh Pond, Im not a big fan of that depot, they still treat their buses like shit, yeah BP is a small depot but even if they had a extra route, they would make sure their bus is in good running shape, LGA needs to be nothing but hybirds, it would save time and they would not have to worry about fixing old buses, To be honest Older Buses should be at Smaller Depots and Newer ones at Bigger depots. That's the Main Reason why LGA has issues because they still have too many old buses.

Ok Guy R brewer I need BP's Roster and some photos of the Depot , I would like this done when I get back to this thread thank you And one more thing , This shouldn't be A problem since you live down the block.

I haven't seen any Depot shots from BP so please post them here Thanks

hmmmm did I spell correctly for ya (K)<R>

Ok Guy R brewer I need BP's Roster and some photos of the Depot , I would like this done when I get back to this thread thank you And one more thing , This shouldn't be A problem since you live down the block.

No Prob, I got tons of photos of the depot.

Ok. Let's do this. Just like everyone has wanted things in black and white lately, let's pull out some rosters! I am really curious to know about these Orions at LGA in the beginning days of MTA Bus. I would also like to see some picks as well. I have rosters that date back to 2004 up to yesterday, but I'm out with my girl at the room right now because I need a vacation from all things Transit! LOl! So what's really the deal with LGA? I think about Fresh Pond (Division HQ) and East New York (RBO HQ) and this is my take. Working with what LGA has, you all can't tell me that they aren't the shit when it comes to service! They are overloaded with crush loaded routes! Hell! If I was a bus I would break down on there ass too! "Shit! I'm tired of driving around all these people day after day and night after night! And you have my A/C blasting like there is no tomorrow! I need a damn break! Literally!!!"

Archived