LGA Depot Discussion

East New York

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So today I was informed that there were aproximately 25 or so B/O's without buses today, as well as yesterday at LGA. So it would appear that around 15% of their fleet is OOS. Looks like something needs to be done soon up there before things get any worse than they already are.

Not sure exactly how true this is, as I need to do more investigating, but rumor has it MTA is planning to conduct a full review of LGA operations within the coming weeks. The depot has been plagued with problems for quite sometime, and the TA is trying to figure out how to fix them.

and LGA is main HQ for MTA bus too!they shouldn't have these kind of problems when they have upper management there.

Like I said before, and this is only in my opinion... Triboro was the greatest. It makes perfect sense for it to be HQ. Its unique, and proves to run under stressful situations. I actually think they already have it under control. Those buses are in demand 24/7. And it's North Queens HQ for MTAB and NYCT.

I thought College Point was.

[i skimmed through to see if this was addressed, and by the time I got to the above posts, I was reading "CP" as the "red" depot (LGA) for some reason, and it didn't register as the one I was lookign for (College Point). :)]

Not sure exactly how true this is, as I need to do more investigating, but rumor has it MTA is planning to conduct a full review of LGA operations within the coming weeks. The depot has been plagued with problems for quite sometime, and the TA is trying to figure out how to fix them.

Some of those routes need to go back where they came from, or transfer routes, They can't close it, that's the only depot that is right where most of the important routes are.

• 5 months later...

well, I use LGA every weekday and sometimes on weekends. I use the Q72 all the time to get to & from school.

I noticed that 144 got moved over to LGA (unless it was already there & I didn't see it).

Also, when are the Orion V Ex Bee-Line buses going to go? I saw one broken down this morning and at Corona Avenue my bus got jam packed :P

also what happened to those hybrid buses in the later 3700's? I havent seen 3736 & 3748 on the Q72 in ages :cry:...

The same problems exist in CP regarding lack of buses daily. The problem is the management. Period. The management in place is a bunch of morons that try to put the screws to everybody constantly for their year end bonus or to impress their boss with their toughness. It is sad, independant administrators need to run depots, not ass licking kissers. The constant redeployment of poorly skilled NYCT supervision and management into MTAB with their inadequicies and stupidity only allows for the continued lack of service. If the management was held to any standard, like those folks they supervise, most would be fired. I have previously posted this sentiment, MTA needs to hire and allow "outside the box thinkers" and encourage creativity to engage and advance the bus service, until then we can all watch the continued downward spiral of MTA NYCT/MTAB/LIB services.

So I hear the TA is finally trying to clean up LGA. Brass was recently at the depot checking things out. Hopefully their maintenance team can get it together once and for all.

The same problems exist in CP regarding lack of buses daily. The problem is the management. Period. The management in place is a bunch of morons that try to put the screws to everybody constantly for their year end bonus or to impress their boss with their toughness. It is sad, independant administrators need to run depots, not ass licking kissers. The constant redeployment of poorly skilled NYCT supervision and management into MTAB with their inadequicies and stupidity only allows for the continued lack of service, if the management was held to any standard, like those folks they supervise, most would be fired. I have previously posted this sentiment, MTA needs to hire and allow "outside the box thinkers" and encourage creativity to engage and advance the bus service, until then we can all watch the continued downward spiral of MTA NYCT/MTAB/LIB services.

The MTA needs to be ashamed of themselves for whats been going on at LGA and CP. Of all the local private lines, Queens Surface was one of the best. They ran a lot better than Triboro and Green Lines, and was only topped by Jamaica Bus. The fact that they allowed this depot to deteriorate so horribly is beyond comprehension, and frankly shows how inept the agency has been in keeping up with everything.

As for LGA, they've always been a shit depot (I know, duh), but the TA had a very great opportunity to turn things around. Not only did they fail to do that, but it seems like things may have actually gotten worse. This depot is literally a mole on the TA, and any better agency would have either fired everyone and turned things around, or just flat out closed it all together.

I don't like Walder by any means, but he needs to turn things around here. The sad thing is that the agency proved they can improve horrible depots. Look at Yukon.

As far as LIB, they need to go period. If the Nassau County head wants them to be an independent agency, then let him. And give us back our buses!

Dispatchers need to be more hard on LIB operators that arrive late everywhere.

Maybe the real problem is scheduling department intentionally creating running times that cannot be met. A little inside info for you: IE: a route gets 45 minutes from point A to point B, but on the meal trip it is cut to 37 or less minutes, as is the last trip of a run. If the meal starts late, the B/O is still allowed to take the full lunch break. Make a real time schedule and the system will run better. Getting harder won't do it.

The same problems exist in CP regarding lack of buses daily. The problem is the management. Period. The management in place is a bunch of morons that try to put the screws to everybody constantly for their year end bonus or to impress their boss with their toughness. It is sad, independant administrators need to run depots, not ass licking kissers. The constant redeployment of poorly skilled NYCT supervision and management into MTAB with their inadequicies and stupidity only allows for the continued lack of service, if the management was held to any standard, like those folks they supervise, most would be fired. I have previously posted this sentiment, MTA needs to hire and allow "outside the box thinkers" and encourage creativity to engage and advance the bus service, until then we can all watch the continued downward spiral of MTA NYCT/MTAB/LIB services.
Preach brother

Archived