LGA Depot Discussion

East New York

The MTA needs to be ashamed of themselves for whats been going on at LGA and CP. Of all the local private lines, Queens Surface was one of the best. They ran a lot better than Triboro and Green Lines, and was only topped by Jamaica Bus. The fact that they allowed this depot to deteriorate so horribly is beyond comprehension, and frankly shows how inept the agency has been in keeping up with everything.

As for LGA, they've always been a shit depot (I know, duh), but the TA had a very great opportunity to turn things around. Not only did they fail to do that, but it seems like things may have actually gotten worse. This depot is literally a mole on the TA, and any better agency would have either fired everyone and turned things around, or just flat out closed it all together.

I don't like Walder by any means, but he needs to turn things around here. The sad thing is that the agency proved they can improve horrible depots. Look at Yukon.

As far as LIB, they need to go period. If the Nassau County head wants them to be an independent agency, then let him. And give us back our buses!

CP and LGA are two totally different stories. CP needs an entire fleet of new local buses. Their mechanics are pretty damn good for the most part.

LGA on the other hand has good RTS', and hybrids that they don't maintain very well But I think that is about to change once and for all. It's sad when you see an iconic bus like 8750 leave a depot like ECH, and head down to LGA, and the first think you ask yourself is, "Will it survive?"

The same problems exist in CP regarding lack of buses daily. The problem is the management. Period. The management in place is a bunch of morons that try to put the screws to everybody constantly for their year end bonus or to impress their boss with their toughness. It is sad, independant administrators need to run depots, not ass licking kissers. The constant redeployment of poorly skilled NYCT supervision and management into MTAB with their inadequicies and stupidity only allows for the continued lack of service, if the management was held to any standard, like those folks they supervise, most would be fired. I have previously posted this sentiment, MTA needs to hire and allow "outside the box thinkers" and encourage creativity to engage and advance the bus service, until then we can all watch the continued downward spiral of MTA NYCT/MTAB/LIB services.

I couldn't agree more. There is way too much going on in management. Everything needs to be reevaluated, then streamlined in order for the TA to sustain itself. All they need to do is implement a few tools that would set the course for the future. But you have 300 irons in the fire. Everyone is complacent, you have tension between Bus Co. and TA., and of course there are the unions!

It's actually sickening to look at in a way. I would love to run DOB. When it comes to thinking, I don't even know what a box is. I would love to find the person or people who decided to order fleets of test buses, and start working with New Flyer & Nova again. That's the ultimate win for the decade!

But everything else they are doing just seems crazy to me. Examples.

CP-Needs new buses bad, but the TA does not want RTS' at the depot. That right there is just stupid. The entire RTS fleet needs to be evaluated, and some of those buses need to be used.

LGA-Needs more RTS', and less hybrids. But a few of their mechanics need to be retrained, and TA needs to stop with the elitist attitude when dealing with Bus Co. as well.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think LIB Road Ops assumes that traffic is nonexistent and all the traffic lights at intersections are always green, for the buses.

The 2:02 N43 to Freeport has 29 minutes to get through to the LIRR station. On the way, it has to go through the narrow and idiot-filled roads through NCC, three state routes (Hempstead Turnpike/Route 24, Front Street/Rt. 102, Jerusalem Avenue/Rt. 105), and annoyingly placed lights along Main Street.

By the way, ENY, I actually caught a close glance of the Orion VII OGs in Jamaica from LGA... somehow, I don't hate them as much now, but I don't think hand-me-down OG CNGs for LIB would be a good idea if that were to happen since there are Orion Vs from the same year, and that wouldn't make the average fleet age any lower.

I do wish they'd do something about LGA. If what I'm seeing here is true, LIB's maintenance isn't any better, though somehow I've only seen two or three buses break down in the past year and aside from cracked/bent panels and bodywork, the NGs are holding up.... Mangano has no say considering he has shown that he can't handle the green.

College Point is in need of new buses, oh and I've been told from a very reliable source that the union tells it's mechanics to do the least amount of work possible as a kick to management. I'm not blaming the workers here on the maintenance of CP, I think it has a lot to do with older buses. I don't know where the idea that Queens Surface was a pride company, other than the express service the local fleet was dismal. I was a rider of their local fleet for 8 years in the 1990s and not one day went by without a problem. I use to ride the Q25/34 and Q65 from them, the Q65 came once in a while between 7-8am, most of the time I waited an hour and then walked to utopia parkway to catch the Q30/31. The Q25/34 were just as bad, you could wait for an hour for them too. I know too many drivers who told me Queens Surface local fleet was crap, doors fell off, axels snapped, brakes failed, engines shutoff. Some drivers told me that in a 5 day work week, he would have about 8 break downs, cause the bus they replaced with, also fell apart.

Anyway, enough of my rant, I think MTA Bus is treated like crap by TA. I see how they act around each other and it's sad. Same union, makes me wonder if there is anymore pride in a union. The TWU has sadly given me such a foul taste in my mouth on how they handle their workers. LGA depot needs help ASAP, I don't know much about their depot anymore but I can tell you this, JFK is far better!

oh and I've been told from a very reliable source that the union tells it's mechanics to do the least amount of work possible as a kick to management. I'm not blaming the workers here on the maintenance of CP

The Union more likely told its members that "you are not to sign off on work you did not perform" as maintenance foremen love to push buses out of CP Yard C that were not fixed and claim that they were. Further, the AGM of CP seems fixated on saving $$$$, so does not have on hand replacement parts, refuses to allow open runs to be covered, and continues to keep his job by blaming the Union again and again. MTA management is a JOKE! They harass the union workers, blame the union workers, yet do not do their part by restocking parts or properly addressing chronic equipment & manpower shortages.

CP and LGA are two totally different stories. CP needs an entire fleet of new local buses. Their mechanics are pretty damn good for the most part.

LGA on the other hand has good RTS', and hybrids that they don't maintain very well But I think that is about to change once and for all. It's sad when you see an iconic bus like 8750 leave a depot like ECH, and head down to LGA, and the first think you ask yourself is, "Will it survive?"

Its even worse when the comptroller's report explicitly refers to LGA in negative terms on multiple occasions.

I still feel that the lack of buses has allowed CP to deteriorate to an extent.

Just to let you guys know LGA is short.....again. The Bees are crappin out bad.

and to solve that problem are they cutting service on the Q72? because today (at Rush hour) there were only about 4-5 buses on that line.

At night, there are 1-2 buses running (usually 1).

Its ridicolous!

I decided to start this thread on the LaGuardia Depot because they seem to not be doing well right now. They need buses bad, and many of the ones they have need to be fixed. What are your thoughts on their operations??

Lets see.Where do I begin.Well some of the drivers are idiots and completely rude.the dispatchers giving out buses are all braindead.I mean seriously,you got 4 buses right next to you,turned on and OPERABLE!But instead they send drivers to the other end of the yard to get a bus thats parked in between MCI's.I mean really?REALLY!? Oh yes,the mechanics do a half assed job at fixing buses.Overall they suck worse than whores line of rhino asses.Being part of the MTA hasn't taught them anything.

Lets see.Where do I begin.Well some of the drivers are idiots and completely rude.the dispatchers giving out buses are all braindead.I mean seriously,you got 4 buses right next to you,turned on and OPERABLE!But instead they send drivers to the other end of the yard to get a bus thats parked in between MCI's.I mean really?REALLY!? Oh yes,the mechanics do a half assed job at fixing buses.Overall they suck worse than whores line of rhino asses.Being part of the MTA hasn't taught them anything.

Actually that is the MTA way, taught by MTA supervision.

Cutting service? No according to the MTA website all service is "Good Service" everyday with only an occasional detour. MTA continues to commit fraud daily, yet no one is held accountable.

no, because I have noticed that service on the Q72 has reduced. Usually I have to wait a half hour for the bus to come, then 2 buses come at once. SMH. :tdown:

Cutting service? No according to the MTA website all service is "Good Service" everyday with only an occasional detour. MTA continues to commit fraud daily, yet no one is held accountable.

Only we are, if we f-up. That's the other TA way...........

It did teach them something. That MTA won't hold them up to TA standards, and will let the former Triboro Coach Corp. standard rule.........

no, because I have noticed that service on the Q72 has reduced. Usually I have to wait a half hour for the bus to come, then 2 buses come at once. SMH. :tdown:

It is not reduced.

The problem with the Q72 is not enough running time and too much traffic so the guys can't accomplish their scheduled number of trips.

Buses do not fly over traffic. Have you ever rode the line from end to end and has the trip taken the number of minutes allocated in the timetable?

It is not reduced.

The problem with the Q72 is not enough running time and too much traffic so the guys can't accomplish their scheduled number of trips.

Buses do not fly over traffic. Have you ever rode the line from end to end and has the trip taken the number of minutes allocated in the timetable?

Agreed, sadly though MTA scheduling is a bunch of sheepskins with no practical knowledge. As for "traffic checkers," are nothing more really then a group hired and sent out to make an "appearance" to justify routes' poor scheduling and service cuts.

LGA is a garbage depot end of story they suck and they treat their buses like pure shit, I find it funny at BP our ex-bee liners (even though we don't want them shits) perform way better than the ones at LGA, their RTS are the only good working buses while everything else performs like shit

oH YEAH THATS RIGHT ,..I see it in your title ...SLD thats Dispatcher

Yard Foreman .Yard Dispatcher.And the Mech...your title says none of these so who the hell are you to speak like you know our system .look man take the TEST get the job and get Sen.Exp. before you open your trap about Operations .DAILY Operations you know nothing and I mean nothing ABOUT.

I expect peeps think they know the ROUTINE but you and nobody else that doesnt have A TITLE under them know what goes on.

So Can you please..SHUT.THE Hell..up and watch what you say thepeople with jobs in the System do the best we can with what we have .

LGA is a garbage depot end of story they suck and they treat their buses like pure shit, I find it funny at BP our ex-bee liners (even though we don't want them shits) perform way better than the ones at LGA, their RTS are the only good working buses while everything else performs like shit

ban.gif Are you calling 3607 ****? Excuse me? :eek:

Only the service is bad, All the buses (except the Bees) are fine! The Q72 Service sucks, but The Buses run fine!

There are some great routes out of LGA, such as the Q53 & Q29.

I don't understand... smh.

Well some of the drivers are idiots and completely rude.

No different then a high percentage of the passengers. You know "birds of feather, stick together."

the dispatchers giving out buses are all braindead.I mean seriously,you got 4 buses right next to you,turned on and OPERABLE!But instead they send drivers to the other end of the yard to get a bus thats parked in between MCI's.I mean really?REALLY!?

Not braindead, in fairness to Yard SLDs, most are on their game, maybe you should find out why some are sent to get the buses in the back

Oh yes,the mechanics do a half assed job at fixing buses.Overall they suck worse than whores line of rhino asses.

Mechanics do their job, period. As for the whore comment, I guess you have had the experience of beastiality with a "line of rhino asses." to make such a comparison? If not, again maybe you should find out why repairs are done in the manner in which they are by the folks doing them, and then address the chronic parts shortage and simple refusal by management to make some repairs.

Being part of the MTA hasn't taught them anything.

Being part of the MTA has taught most former Private Bus Lines employees a few things:

10) like why we didn't willingly join MTA to begin with.

9) why the MTA stands for More Trouble Ahead

8) like 1800s plantation style work conditions

7) humility, as in right or wrong the boss said do it this way, do it this way.

6) the medications needed for high blood pressure and other heart diseases

5) that common sense, intelligence, justice, and fairness are not applicable, nor required by the MTA, only your complete silent obedience to supervision and managers.

4) that contracts are only enforced against union members, all other sections are just words on paper.

3) a thorough & complete repair job is not expected, just get it (bus, train, etc)moving again.

2) safety is an idea that just gets in the way, so get it done now or else

1) to retire on retirement date and get out as fast as you can, do not look back.

MTA no more then "Monopolizing Transportation A**holes!"

LGA is cursed with the "Triboro Curse" Remember during those days the way their RTS's were looking.If I was TMC and GMC I would have sued them for making them buses look bad.I mean BAD!!!!!! The entire bus ws held together with tape and rubber bands.

Well, for the GMC's the buses lasted 20 years there, which is pretty good, they should have made a "Like A Rock" Commercial lol, like GM used to do for the Chevy pickups, it could have been slimar to these two...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuoGxxdM0rs&feature=related

Archived