Another sad day at ECH Depot when we gonna see these buses get scrapped.

tkx2510

2010-07-28161524.jpg

2010-07-28161512.jpg

Here is an evidence that nova bus has a kingsbridge sticker on it but it look peeled off.

2010-07-28161413.jpg

2010-07-28161254.jpg

2010-07-28161106.jpg

2010-07-28160953.jpg

2010-07-28160949.jpg

Im surprised that these MCI Buses are getting scraped..

2010-07-28160918.jpg

2010-07-28160729.jpg

2010-07-28160631.jpg

2010-07-28160625.jpg

Im gotta remember this Orion CNG 4ever. This bus is been with Jackie Gleason Depot since 1994. Some of them got scrapped and some went to the (MTA)Bus College Depot in Queens.But they probably wont last longer when the rest is going ECH depot to get scrapped.

2010-07-28160607.jpg

2010-07-28160548.jpg

2010-07-28160544.jpg

2010-07-28160402.jpg

2010-07-28160256.jpg

2010-07-28160225.jpg

The gotta be the Orion Suburban Bus that was an (MTA)Bus thats use to run under by JFK and FR Depot till it moves to CS Depot.Now is getting scrapped.

And I believe that those WF Nova bus had made its last run b4 it will get retired and scraped.No wonder why I hardly see those Nova bus running under by WF Depot.Some of them went to ECH Depot to run a QBx1 route.

Depressing isnt it:((((

The MCIs are being scrapped? Strange.

About the other buses, some of them were good, but they just got too old.:(

The MCIs cant get scrapped considering that they are leased. My prediction is that they are going to MTA Bus. Spring Creek has gotten a bunch of oddballs lately from Castleton, Queens Village & Ulmer Park.

The MCIs cant get scrapped considering that they are leased. My prediction is that they are going to MTA Bus. Spring Creek has gotten a bunch of oddballs lately from Castleton, Queens Village & Ulmer Park.

Aren't the leases about up on those?

Sc got buses from ulmer pk ? i never knew that & 1953 from upk is there at ech , this is a shame to see these buses go to waiste , they could of used some of them still .

Aren't the leases about up on those?

Thats a good question, I'm unsure considering that they had planned on scrapping a few a long while back when the MTA Bus 3200-NYC Bus DL3 swap had occurred, but then MCI took action against the idea of scrapping the buses.

Thats a good question, I'm unsure considering that they had planned on scrapping a few a long while back when the MTA Bus 3200-NYC Bus DL3 swap had occurred, but then MCI took action against the idea of scrapping the buses.

why do they want to scrapped the MCIs?they have a longer span other local buses,but it the MTA after all.

I hope they find life after MTA service,nyas does need some new MCIs.

this is sad.... the new flyers depress me the most. If the MTA was smart theyd rebuild the ones in the best condition... I really do not like the Nova Artics... personal feelings aside they arent as useful as D60's

and the orions.. it almost hurts to see them go I remember them coming around as a kid and not really liking them. Back then an NYCTA bus was an RTS and thats it. Bus those Boxy buses started to grow on me.

And with those Nova RTSs going (I noticed I dont see them much anymore out of West Farms) RTS will be a thing of the past. I feel really old seeing them go.

I think this happened because Castleton and Ulmer lost some express routes after the cuts, so I guess they sent the extra buses to Spring Creek since some of the remaining Orion 5's there might retire soon.

(Not at Cait Sith) ECH doesn't only scrap buses, they hold certain buses for storage.

besides being lease MCI's hold up well on the resale market

this is sad.... the new flyers depress me the most. If the MTA was smart theyd rebuild the ones in the best condition... I really do not like the Nova Artics... personal feelings aside they arent as useful as D60's

and the orions.. it almost hurts to see them go I remember them coming around as a kid and not really liking them. Back then an NYCTA bus was an RTS and thats it. Bus those Boxy buses started to grow on me.

And with those Nova RTSs going (I noticed I dont see them much anymore out of West Farms) RTS will be a thing of the past. I feel really old seeing them go.

Yeah instead these buses getting scrapped they should just renew the bus and make it look alt better.Instead of wasting mad money making these low hybrid bus.It would save them millions of dollars.But i hate to see those new flyer,rts,orion v,orion cng,and the mci have to go.smh

The problem is that those New Flyer D60s have been dogs from their first days.

Can the MTA send some of the 18xx and 19xx coaches back from Eastchester Storage and send about 30 to College Point. That depot needs more for Express Service and needs to get rid of the 05 CNGs and send the rest of the 05 CNGs to LCL service.

Archived