Nice photos. I have not seen these things in person yet. Maybe when it cools down a bit I'll head over and check them out.

These cars reek 160. I rode on them for the 1st time today and they were not anything special, however I do like the blue fronts. The operators control looks exactly like the R160 and the T-Stick is in the exact same spot. And it seems like the governs on the PA5s kick in quicker. The PA4s seem more faster.

No need to compete... i all ready took & deleted photos of every PATH station, bridges etc, deleted them after i found out it was illegal... :cool::)

In any case, as neat as these photos are i can't condone such activity. Gives railfans like me unneeded suspicion.

- A

The PA4s seem more faster.

I'm wondering if you rode between newark and journal square..... The new cars feel slower (to me at least) because they have a cushier (and brand new) suspension, and weigh more so they dont move around as much and the noise is much less. After riding on them for months all over the system i give them high marks for everything but feet of seating on the cab cars.

- A

No need to compete... i all ready took & deleted photos of every PATH station, bridges etc, deleted them after i found out it was illegal... :cool::)

In any case, as neat as these photos are i can't condone such activity. Gives railfans like me unneeded suspicion.

- A

Chill out, we just having fun.

Now, how do you know MY photos are illegal? Did you ask me? Did you ask me to find out if maybe I obtain the necessary permission (seeing as how one of the shots is @ the PATH Harrison Yard and the other is @ the Kawasaki Plant)? Nope!

To assume to make an "ASS" out of "U" and not "ME."

If not for their stupid photo ban, I'd railfan the system a bit more often. I just don't understand why they are so paranoid at the PA. The PATH seems nothing special than any other subway system imo.

The PA5 does look nice and I would like to take some pics of it on PA property.

Slightly little off-topic, PA did not say anything when I was taking picture/video at their facility at JFK, LGA, GWB, and PABT, even in Newark.

Slightly little off-topic, PA did not say anything when I was taking picture/video at their facility at JFK, LGA, GWB, and PABT, even in Newark.

That's because so far Path is the only one that has a known no photography policy.

=

These cars reek 160. I rode on them for the 1st time today and they were not anything special, however I do like the blue fronts. The operators control looks exactly like the R160 and the T-Stick is in the exact same spot. And it seems like the governs on the PA5s kick in quicker. The PA4s seem more faster.

Kawasaki built them, so it makes sense they are almost the same in most ways to an R160B. I do wish that they could've gone with blue for the R160Bs to break up the sea of black fronts only. It's just so boring with the same front for all the R143s and R160s here. It would've been nice like how the LIRR and MNCR have different colored fronts for their M7s.

If you were to take them to court you would have a solid case. Using the 1st Amendment , the MTA and NJT always lose when sued on this. Freedom of Speech or Expression can not be suppressed while in public places which includes Transportation.

I'm wondering if you rode between newark and journal square..... The new cars feel slower (to me at least) because they have a cushier (and brand new) suspension, and weigh more so they dont move around as much and the noise is much less. After riding on them for months all over the system i give them high marks for everything but feet of seating on the cab cars.

- A

Yeah it was between newark and journal sq

If you were to take them to court you would have a solid case. Using the 1st Amendment , the MTA and NJT always lose when sued on this. Freedom of Speech or Expression can not be suppressed while in public places which includes Transportation.

Not sure who you are responding to, but afaik, the Path system is one such place where they ban photography on their system. So, if you get 'caught' at worse plead ignorance and hope the person will let you off with a warning. You can even say you aren't from the area and had no idea of such rules.

Me personally, I don't feel like dealing with a confrontation, but if I see absolutely no one, then I would try to sneak in a pic of that system.

Archived