My father has died

Shortline Bus

Guys my father has died. That the reason I been absent for last couple of days.:cry::cry::cry: My Dad had a heart attack and was diagnosed earlier this year w/ lung cancer from smoking. That why in last couple of weeks i not been very happy since he been in hosptial.

Smokers on the boards please quit in his memory.

He served in both the Korean and Vietnam Wars as a US Army Solider and Air Force staff. Then became a US Postal Service Manager for 30 years starting as a Postal Employee.

What made him a great dad is that he admitted his mistakes and overcame being poor in Texas as a Black Man in the Jim Crow era to having a great family.

So I think I will take a break from the boards here and return when I feel better. From time-time I may post briefly though. I also will probably going to San Diego for the funeral.

RIP Dad. I love you.:cry:

I am soooo sorry to hear this. I hope you feel better. If it's one thing that totally ruins your day it's hearing that a family member passed. It's a total bummer! Just reading this thread makes me feel your pain.:cry: Sorry , dude.

Get well soon! and may your father rest in peace.

I am really sorry to hear that. My condolences go out to you and your family. My Step Father passed away from cancer this past September. Be strong, and take as much time as you need. Find something to do that you have a passion for. It will help ease the pain. Take care!

I'm sorry to hear that. I will say a prayer for your father. He's in a better place and he'll be alright.

My grandparents smoke. I tell them to stop but they don't listen. They have been smoking for almost 20 years. It's so many poisons in cigarettes and people are getting addicted to it.

Hope you feel better. ;).

In memory of My Dad here are some of his all time favorite performers/singers & songs in music.

Hank Williams, Sr. (No not the guy that sings the Monday Night Football Theme lol his dad)

Ray Charles Oh Beautiful America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCEOgMAgmv4

'My sweet Lord' George Harrison (My parents wedding song almost 40 years ago)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBXc0LqyRTs

James Brown "Papa got a brand new bag"

Eagles "Hotel California"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgLfoQfmSQ4

Nat King Cole "Christmas Song"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cubgWvBfs24

My Dad had others he was a fan of as well too but these were the songs as a baby/boy on old vinlyl he would always play. In his memory and honor guys, it would be cool if you get a chance please to play at least one of these songs.

i know how it feels to lose a father, because i lost mines back in 2005. the best thing to do is to try to do things to get your mind off of the pain. of course he'll always be on your mind, no matter what you go through, but in the end hopefully he'll watch over you, and make sure that he's right by your side with whatever you choose to do in your life. stay strong!

<6>

Putting our differences aside for a day, I'm really sorry for your loss. I dealt with my dad's passing five and a half years ago, and it was hard.

Be easy. You'll get through; I sure did.

Sorry to hear that bro. I wish you and the family the best. Of course, there will be dark times, but afterwards, there will always be better times. So feel better, and enjoy life. My father is still alive, but I have lost my uncle when I was 10, of course it isn't the same but it was also a dark time. But as time pass, things will move on and get better.

Archived