A day out with my camera!

TransitStop

:)Nice photos, great job:tup:, but....

( photo Taken Out )

.... i can't believe that there are still these ugly Overhead power lines in urban areas in North America.:tdown:

lol it isnt really "urban" it kinda out of Ottawa so you dont see those very often

lol it isnt really "urban" it kinda out of Ottawa so you dont see those very often

Sorry:), but that interested me.

Booth Street, Ottawa

pic-003sm.jpg

Not very often? In Europe you never see overhead power lines in cities, even in the Province you don't see these ugly overhead power lines often. If a mayor wants to open overhead powerlines somewhere, the people would kill him.

For me that's suburban area, but most cities in NA have these ugly powerlines:

ILFA-power-line.JPG4075650943_048f5678f6_o.jpg

For me, thats a symbol of underdevelopment.:tdown:

lol nope, but our New Flyer's are pretty modern! besides NA created the fishbowl and classic :)

Yeah, but buses like these are driving in the "old world" for more than 10 years and not only in urban areas like ottawa, even the smallest village has low floor buses today.

Low-floor tech is already spread in Europe for more than 20 years, introduced with the Mercedes-Benz O 405 N.

And we never had these ancient stop cord? in our buses. There are stop cords? in current buses in NA. I can't believe that;) The same with the overhead power lines, i can't believe that. And why there are no big LCD screens in your buses?

We have LCD screens for more than 7 years in nearly all buses.

That photo is ten years old, it shows the MAN NG 272(2) in my little hometown Mönchengladbach.

news_bvg-2823_2.jpg

• 3 months later...
Yeah, but buses like these are driving in the "old world" for more than 10 years and not only in urban areas like ottawa, even the smallest village has low floor buses today.

Low-floor tech is already spread in Europe for more than 20 years, introduced with the Mercedes-Benz O 405 N.

And we never had these ancient stop cord? in our buses. There are stop cords? in current buses in NA. I can't believe that;) The same with the overhead power lines, i can't believe that. And why there are no big LCD screens in your buses?

We have LCD screens for more than 7 years in nearly all buses.

That photo is ten years old, it shows the MAN NG 272(2) in my little hometown Mönchengladbach.

news_bvg-2823_2.jpg

i cant believe i forgot to respond to this aha yes you are right Europe does have more modern buses in terms of technology... i was just joking around :) and yea the pull cord that you see on buses are sometimes very helpful, especially when a bus is packed like sardines you can just pull the cord near the window and get off :) and the main reason we dont have LCD Tv's is ( and this is in my opinion ) they will get damaged by vandal's way to quickly

( see yellow cords on side.. this is from a D60LFR ( i think 2008/9 model ))

2290264345_3944600d46.jpg?v=0

i cant believe i forgot to respond to this aha yes you are right Europe does have more modern buses in terms of technology... i was just joking around :) and yea the pull cord that you see on buses are sometimes very helpful, especially when a bus is packed like sardines you can just pull the cord near the window and get off :) and the main reason we dont have LCD Tv's is ( and this is in my opinion ) they will get damaged by vandal's way to quickly

( see yellow cords on side.. this is from a D60LFR ( i think 2008/9 model ))

The gap in public transportation is very big between NA and the rest of the world.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ-gTSIX2Wohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUSfQj-b5zM

This is how buses here normaly are looking like:

These stop cords are not necessary here, because the bus would stops on every station when it is full loaded..

Vandalism is a problem yeah, but i've never seen a broken LCD screen here, ok maybe because we have CCTV and a e-ticket system on buses here too.

The gap in public transportation is very big between NA and the rest of the world.

These stop cords are not necessary here, because the bus would stops on every station when it is full loaded..

Vandalism is a problem yeah, but i've never seen a broken LCD screen here, ok maybe because we have CCTV and a e-ticket system on buses here too.

Pull cords are a necessity here. The push tape has slowly faded away. If our buses stopped at every stop, they would never be on time. And LCD screens? Ha! That would be a complete waste of money, and they would probably all get stolen or vandalized as soon as we got them.

As far as the power lines go, like 98% of North American cities run them above ground. New York is actually the only city I can think of that runs them underground.

Pull cords are a necessity here. The push tape has slowly faded away. If our buses stopped at every stop, they would never be on time. And LCD screens? Ha! That would be a complete waste of money, and they would probably all get stolen or vandalized as soon as we got them.

As far as the power lines go, like 98% of North American cities run them above ground. New York is actually the only city I can think of that runs them underground.

The Bus just stops when it is full.

Do you know how less a LCD screen costs today? They just use it here, because they are cheap, but bringing more information to the passenger than a small screen and they are protected by CCTV and e-ticket. It sounds like a police state, but it makes public transportation safer.

The Bus just stops when it is full.

Do you know how less a LCD screen costs today? They just use it here, because they are cheap, but bringing more information to the passenger than a small screen and they are protected by CCTV and e-ticket. It sounds like a police state, but it makes public transportation safer.

Sometimes our buses can be full, and nobody gets off for a few stops. That every stop thing wouldn't work here at all.

We don't even have money to paint our buses, so a luxury like LCD screens that would cost no less that $70,000 for the whole fleet would just be wasteful spending.

Sometimes our buses can be full, and nobody gets off for a few stops. That every stop thing wouldn't work here at all.

We don't even have money to paint our buses, so a luxury like LCD screens that would cost no less that $70,000 for the whole fleet would just be wasteful spending.

70.000? Just $1 more per ticket on a day?

AHAHA OC Transpo already charges 3.25 for regular fare! and its only good for 1 1/2 hours.

also when a bus is full in ottawa on routes like the 95,95X,97 on the transitway where they go 90 Km/H if no one rings the bell the bus will bomb right thru the station no matter what anyone says, im sure its the same in NYC ( and yes OC Transpo runs 60ft'ers )

plus if there is a public announcement the drivers are alerted over the radio system they have and if its crucial to the passengers the drivers will alert them over the PA's.... also since NYC and OC both have clever devices can any one tell me if it can display public announcements?

What do you mean $1 more per ticket on a day? You couldn't possibly be talking about a fare increase! The citizen would call for somebody's head on a platter If the fare was increased for something we don't need at all. The fare has gone up 4 times this decade IIRC, and the quality of service has decreased. We don't have money to play with over here on this side of the pond.

Most cities do have underground systems but only in the downtown core, Toronto and Montreal are like that downtown but the rest of the city is above ground

Archived