Do You Feel The Rockaways And Lefferts Boulevard Are Adequately Served?

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

There's nothing that can be done about it at this moment. The only thing that's possible to do is rename one of the (A) branches into a (H) or (K) to deter confusion.

...all plans for service increases are nothing but pipe dreams now

Ok, noted, but it's still another option to get to Manhattan, if the person knows the schedule.

I love the Q35, i used to ride that often back to Brooklyn from B116th.

I still do, when I take the qm16... dam beach goers that pile on @ B 149th are a PITA when they bombard the bus with their boisterous-ness....

anyway, now that the stop on newport/b116th is a shared stop (Q35/Q21), it's funny to note the ppl. waiting for 21's there (virtually none) to the ppl. that are waiting for 35's (the whole dam crowd)....

-------------

In any event, my answer to this question, thread titled, is No.

Rockaway park riders are somewhat shunned....

Far Rockaway gets too much service during certain times of the day...

Lefferts can use some more service...

....problem is no one wants the (C), and you can't equally split the (A) into 3 branches w/o pissing off whichever group of riders....

That's kinda funny about the Q21/35 stop. The times I use it everyone there is waiting for the Q35 [maybe the Q21 already picked up the riders?].

Exactly about the (C), there's no way that line should be extended or Lefferts riders will be pissed and just get off at Rockaway Blvd to jam onto the (A) trains. I admit I don't ride the rock park segment during the rush hours. So I don't know how well used it is, but I think the few rush hour trains that serves it is fine. Agreed at times Far Rock gets too much service. If not for Far Rock itself, that whole sement below Howard Beach could very well be served by just a shuttle line*

*round robin would've been nicer if 67th St was an island platform.

lol... nah... not even...

the times where I've waited for the Q35 these past 2 weeks (the ~7:45pm run).... every single time, the first bus that powered on, was a Q21.... you know how ppl. start to maneuver towards the shelter so they can get first dibs at a seat when the bus pulls closer... well, when it's clear to everyone that it's a 21, people start to back off... one person got on, on two separate occasions...

funny stuff...

------------------------

round robin service on/through the cole hammels wye (lol) sounds interesting... although not feasible these days, how would you run it

Interesting. I guess the times I get the Q35 are times that a Q21 must've stopped by already. Very rarely have I seen a Q21 stop by [and when it did, no one at the stand was waiting for it] before the Q35 starts up the engine to pick us up. I've counted b/w 4-7 people [including me and on non-summer days] get on at that first stop.

Usually this would be around 2-4pm. A few times I rode it after 6-7pm. Always about the same number of people.

-

As for the round robin, if 67th was an island platform, riders from the Rock Park side can transfer for the Manhattan bound train. And 90th St would also have to be converted into an island platform. That way a single shuttle line can run to Howard Beach and serve all 3 points. Then again it would probably just be easier to have either one shuttle line go to Howard Beach and the other to Broad Channel, or both of them goes to HB to connect to the (A).

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

...round robin service on/through the cole hammels wye (lol) sounds interesting... although not feasible these days, how would you run it

My guess, it goes from Broad Channel to Rockaway Pk, then to Far Rockaway, then back to Broad Channel, much like it did back in the 80's

I still do, when I take the qm16... dam beach goers that pile on @ B 149th are a PITA when they bombard the bus with their boisterous-ness....

anyway, now that the stop on newport/b116th is a shared stop (Q35/Q21), it's funny to note the ppl. waiting for 21's there (virtually none) to the ppl. that are waiting for 35's (the whole dam crowd)....

-------------

In any event, my answer to this question, thread titled, is No.

Rockaway park riders are somewhat shunned....

Far Rockaway gets too much service during certain times of the day...

Lefferts can use some more service...

....problem is no one wants the (C), and you can't equally split the (A) into 3 branches w/o pissing off whichever group of riders....

There was only 1 thing from stopping me from suggesting the (C) to Lefferts-the fact that the additional trainsets would have to be taken from the (A). Although the trains that were saved by the (C) extension could be used for (A) service, that would mean that, overall, (A) service on the portion of the route west of Rockaway Blvd would decrease.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

There's nothing that can be done about it at this moment. The only thing that's possible to do is rename one of the (A) branches into a (H) or (K) to deter confusion.

...all plans for service increases are nothing but pipe dreams now

It almost sounds like a pipe dream is the only real solution to this issue. So here's mine.

(T) - Local to Euclid Avenue 24/7

(A) - Express to Far Rockaway 24/7 and Rockaway Park rush hours

(C) - Runs express in Brooklyn and replaces to Lefferts Boulevard. Between midnight and 5 AM, runs as a Shuttle between Euclid and Lefferts.

Yes, there's the matter of how the (T) is going to get from Lower Manhattan to Brooklyn. I'd prefer to connect it to the Montague Tunnel, since that tunnel is already under-utilized with just the (R) running there.

Perhaps in the year 2525...

It almost sounds like a pipe dream is the only real solution to this issue. So here's mine.

(T) - Local to Euclid Avenue 24/7

Isn't the (T) gonna be used already? Besides, how is it gonna connect with the (A)(C)?

(A) - Express to Far Rockaway 24/7 and Rockaway Park rush hours

There's no need for an express late at nights

(C) - Runs express in Brooklyn and replaces to Lefferts Boulevard. Between midnight and 5 AM, runs as a Shuttle between Euclid and Lefferts.

The problem here is that now you would have 2 express trains running on the Fulton line. Besides, if you extend the (C) and make it express, you would need more trains. Given the current status of that trunk line and the status of the (MTA) I highly doubt there will be 2 express trains there

Yes, there's the matter of how the (T) is going to get from Lower Manhattan to Brooklyn. I'd prefer to connect it to the Montague Tunnel, since that tunnel is already under-utilized with just the (R) running there.

The Montague St tunnel already connects with the Nassau St line, so where else would you put the connection?

Perhaps in the year 2525...

Only time will tell

Replies in red

Replies in red

My idea:

"Isn't the (T) gonna be used already? Besides, how is it gonna connect with the (A)(C)?"

Via the Nassau line, Montague, and through Court Street-NYCTM.

"There's no need for an express late at nights"

Then the (A) could run local.

"The problem here is that now you would have 2 express trains running on the Fulton line. Besides, if you extend the (C) and make it express, you would need more trains. Given the current status of that trunk line and the status of the MTA I highly doubt there will be 2 express trains there"

The express would save the time needed to travel those seven or so extra stops to Lefferts.

"The Montague St tunnel already connects with the Nassau St line, so where else would you put the connection?"

See #1

If the LIRR to Lower Manhattan does materialize..... design the tunnel to carry the LIRR on the lower level and the (T) on the upper level and from there the (T) could connect to the Court St station (Transit Museum); similar to how the 63rd St tunnel is.

Given the current status of that trunk line and the status of the (MTA), I highly doubt there will be 2 express trains there

The (MTA) is not going to be broke forever. And it's not like service pattern is going to implemented tomorrow.

If the LIRR to Lower Manhattan does materialize..... design the tunnel to carry the LIRR on the lower level and the on the upper level and from there the could connect to the Court St station (Transit Museum); similar to how the 63rd St tunnel is.

I would love to see an LIRR to Lower Manhattan connection, but it will be difficult finding a place for a brand new tunnel and a street for the LIRR to run under in Lower Manhattan.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Via the Nassau line, Montague, and through Court Street-NYCTM.

...the (T) could connect to the Court St station (Transit Museum); similar to how the 63rd St tunnel is.

Ok if that is done, where will the mseum go?

For Ozone Park/Richmond Hill residents, most of them end up taking either the Q10 or Q37 to the (E) or (F) in Kew Gardens anyway since the 8th Avenue lines are pretty slow en route to Manhattan.

Or they back track on the Q112 to parsons/archer and take the (E) or (J) / (Z)*am rush.

Or they back track on the Q112 to parsons/archer and take the (E) or (J) / (Z)*am rush.

I forgot about that one. However, the Q10 or Q37 to Kew Gardens is a faster connection to Manhattan. The Q112 to Jamaica Center is probably for those wanting a seat on the (E) or (J) or to transfer to the other buses.

Discussed by whom? A bunch of foamers on NYCTF?:D

Lol I wouldn't say all that, but we'll just leave it at it got a good chunk of this place involved :(

Archived