Things that happen that you may not know

Ok hey everyone most of you know me but I will tell you somethings you may not know that you may have interest in.

Is the (4) Jerome Av Exp run? A:Yes it runs weekday after the rush hrs N/B the express starts at 167th St and run to Burnside Av then Woodlawn(only select (4)'s.

The Evening Rush on the (4) yes some (4)'s terminate at Bedford Pk Blvd all local stops in the Bronx and a few terminate at Burnside Av via express after 167th St.Its' a fast ride especially going down the hill at 170th to Mt Eden I recommend this.

For the Concourse Line: AM rush ends or nearing the end some (B)'s go express to Bedford Pk via Concourse Express after the S/B (D)'s go express.

Thank You

would u share somethings other people may not know?

FYI:!!!!!!!! There was an R46 on the (C) yesterday! I'm not sure about today but yes there was an R46 (C) yesterday I have no pics or vids 2 prove it but I got a txt about it***which is how I knew R44's were on the (C).

Ok hey everyone most of you know me but I will tell you somethings you may not know that you may have interest in.

Is the (4) Jerome Av Exp run? A:Yes it runs weekday after the rush hrs N/B the express starts at 167th St and run to Burnside Av then Woodlawn(only select (4)'s.

The Evening Rush on the (4) yes some (4)'s terminate at Bedford Pk Blvd all local stops in the Bronx and a few terminate at Burnside Av via express after 167th St.Its' a fast ride especially going down the hill at 170th to Mt Eden I recommend this.

You can find out all about this here:MTA 4 Train Schedule

He wanted to start a thread for people to give tidbits of information about subway service that other people may not be aware of.

For example, there is one (E) train that terminates at Union Turnpike during the PM rush.

1. Okay, I see.

2. By the way, that's also in the schedule.

Last night there was a flood at DeKalb Av which suspened all north bound local service on 4th Av.

Several nights ago, a north bound (N) hit a tree north of 18th Av.

There are alot of things that happen that most people don't know about.

Maybe not everyone knows this: At the 167th Street (:)(D) station, there are stairs that lead down from the station.

These stairs once provided access to the trolley stop in the underpass that was used by the X 167th Street Crosstown Car and for a time the BX 35.

When the underpass was open, riders had access from the sidewalk at the Grand Concourse and East 167th Street and from the underpass under the Concourse to the subway station.

The BX 35 was changed around 1990 to stop at the corners of 167th Street and the Concourse and the stairs were closed permenently around 1993.

He wanted to start a thread for people to give tidbits of information about subway service that other people may not be aware of.

For example, there is one (E) train that terminates at Union Turnpike during the PM rush.

Nope. That train actually goes to 179 St., as well as 3 others that are not shown because they are in the 4-6 minute frequency bracket.

There's one northbound train that terminates there during the late AM rush as well.

There are 3 which terminate at Kew, then go lite to 179 and come back out for PM service.

But if the AM rush was messed up and the full compliment of trains did not run on the E line, during the day they'll send enough lite trains to 179 to cover PM service.

For the Concourse Line: AM rush ends or nearing the end some (B)'s go express to Bedford Pk via Concourse Express after the S/B (D)'s go express.

Thank You

would u share somethings other people may not know?

FYI:!!!!!!!! There was an R46 on the (C) yesterday! I'm not sure about today but yes there was an R46 (C) yesterday I have no pics or vids 2 prove it but I got a txt about it***which is how I knew R44's were on the (C).

I've never really been on the (4) deeper into BX past Yankee Stadium. Thats why I wouldnt know. Why doesnt the map display a <4> if that is the case? Like the <6>.

Maybe because it could still be part of the pilot program. Either that or the MTA just considers it to be a minor part of the schedule (like the (4) trains that go to New Lots Avenue during rush hour). It could also be because it is only in the PM rush hour, which would confuse some riders.

Wow,great stuff already some (N)'s terminate at Midtown-57th St late AM Rush
I was wondering about that. Since the (Q) took over the (N)'s old role, I thought it might be the (Q)'s that drop out there now. That would make sense as it's already on the express track. But they're still dropping (N)'s out instead?

Maybe not everyone knows this: At the 167th Street (B)(D) station, there are stairs that lead down from the station.

These stairs once provided access to the trolley stop in the underpass that was used by the X 167th Street Crosstown Car and for a time the BX 35.

When the underpass was open, riders had access from the sidewalk at the Grand Concourse and East 167th Street and from the underpass under the Concourse to the subway station.

The BX 35 was changed around 1990 to stop at the corners of 167th Street and the Concourse and the stairs were closed permenently around 1993.

yup and that part of the station we now use as our workshop and theres a relay room there.......i think they did that when they took the tower out from that interlocking.......we just had an incident the other day where some of the iron work used to close off the stairs fell off and on to the street underneath the station at 167 ! :tup:

Weekdays near the end of AM Rush Hour a (4) train is scheduled to operate to New Lots Av. I don't believe it's on the timetable, but it is shown via Trip Planner. This train is supposed to arrive at Franklin Ave at 9:27 A.M. Those of us who frequent the station around that time know that that is not the case. The train usually terminates at Utica Av. I don't think it even deadheads to New Lots Av. In fact, a handful of (4) of (5) trains each weekday that are running to New Lots Av (at least according to Trip Planner) actually go out of service at Utica Av. Notably, the (end of) PM Rush Hour (5) trains to New Lots Av come to mind.

Once recently I saw a (5) train at Gun Hill Rd [White Plains Rd] around 2:45 PM heading to Utica Av in service. Hmmm...

Weekdays near the end of AM Rush Hour a (4) train is scheduled to operate to New Lots Av. I don't believe it's on the timetable, but it is shown via Trip Planner. This train is supposed to arrive at Franklin Ave at 9:27 A.M. Those of us who frequent the station around that time know that that is not the case. The train usually terminates at Utica Av. I don't think it even deadheads to New Lots Av. In fact, a handful of (4) of (5) trains each weekday that are running to New Lots Av (at least according to Trip Planner) actually go out of service at Utica Av. Notably, the (end of) PM Rush Hour (5) trains to New Lots Av come to mind.

Once recently I saw a (5) train at Gun Hill Rd [White Plains Rd] around 2:45 PM heading to Utica Av in service. Hmmm...

Has all to do how the railroad is performing that time of day. For example if a 4 train at the end of the rush is supposed to go to New Lots, I'm sure it lays up in the yard upon arrival and the crew is finished for the day: a midnight crew. But if they're out of place and that crew is not available and it's an AM crew that is making the other guys interval out of Woodlawn, then that train can't go to New Lots. This is what seperates good dispatchers from bad ones.

Tripplanner now shows the (5) running express in the Bronx with the old (express) schedule.

A different (local) schedule was on there a few months ago with a 20 minute headway between the first and second AM <5> and some trains arriving less than one minute apart between 149-180 Sts.

They need to update the (5) schedule back to the one they used when the (5) began to run local a few months ago.

Anyone know if the first AM <5> out of 238 is 6:10am instead of 6:22am?

tripplanner once had 6:10, 6:30, 6:40.......8:00, 8:11 as the times, now it is back to the old express times 6:21, 6:33, 6:44....8:05, 8:17

Archived