The High School Discussion thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

My dude said Uno....

nobody was beatin me in stacks... word up...

what you know about bringin extra draw four's from your uno deck at home, and takin that shit to school... making cats draw 30 & shit...

..or stacking reverses & skips, to set up certain dudes, for the big draws...

no lies... I almost got into a fight with this one dude over that... I'm cryin laughin as I'm typin this.... Sophomore year.. every 3rd period... there this annoyin kid that kept sayin he can take out all of us, one by one... so one day, we all conspired to embarrass the hell out of him...

let's just say this dude had to pick up the whole deck... mofo had nothin but numbers in his hand... LMFAO.... he threw the cards on the floor, started throwing a tantrum (girls were laughing at him at this point)... I said something like, mission accomplished.. it was something snide, to that effect.... he call himself tryna step to me...

with tears down his eyes.

classic stuff.....

LMFAO!!!! I remember making this guy draw 40! Had the entire table losin it!

Any tips for incoming freshman....I start HS at The Urban Assembly School of Design and Construction in September......

Make your friends quickly. Don't be the shy quiet one nobody knows. That one I can tell you for sure.

College is where its at. Its like high school except with less bullying, labeling, and excluding...and no parental authority.

College I think is the best years of your life.

can't do college in this economy :P, I don't have thousands of dollars to waste. Job time for me!

Any tips for incoming freshman....I start HS at The Urban Assembly School of Design and Construction in September......

yeah...

- don't come into school thinkin you a mack, or "bigger" than what you are (I'm not talking about height or size-wize).. trust me, I knew these kids who made life a living hell for this one kid, thinkin he was a playa playa... he never made it the full year; ended up xferring out....

^^ on the other side of the coin, don't come to school with your head down, showing nervousness... while rockin the large super desert storm backpack either; the one that sticks out like 8"...

- don't suck up to upper classmen, even if you know one or two people in the school that are... you'll end up spending more time tryna be "down" with them (tryna prove yourself), then focusing on your studies....

- speaking of which, focus on your studies, but don't be a complete bookworm about it... no one likes a goody two-shoes know it all... I had to deal w/ this one kid like that, 3 1/2 years of my life in HS ... we had the same shop class....

- as was said, make friends...

and be aware of who the people you're befriending, are already friends with....

- I don't know what type of student you are, but don't make too many drastic changes with how you go about school/scholastic life... look at it as, HS being is an extension of JHS.... kids go in thinking that HS is the end-all be-all of... life in it's totality !

^^ save that mentality for college... lol... kidding

you'll be fine....

one more thing.... don't go to school FOAMing about buses & trains...

FRESHMAN FRIDAY ISN'T REAL!!!! :)

Seriously, they do that just to scare the kids (although some might actually do it)

...other than that, just be yourself and make as many friends as you can (no girlffriend hunting yet, save that for sophmore year lol)

FRESHMAN FRIDAY ISN'T REAL!!!! :)

Seriously, they do that just to scare the kids (although some might actually do it)

...other than that, just be yourself and make as many friends as you can (no girlffriend hunting yet, save that for sophmore year lol)

Ha I remember someone tried that on my little bro and his friends. Group of Sophomores got their asses whipped lol.

Freshman Friday is fake though.

If you're the friend type then make a lot of friends in the 9th Grade. I'm a Taurus so I stuck with a little bit lol.

I had a fun high school career. I was on Junior Prom Court and followed it up with being crowned Senior Prom King. I was voted with the best laugh, best sense of humor, and most talkative. I was in two plays, I had 100 percent attendance.

There were also kids counter-fitting money, assistant principals stabbing themselves and air quality issues, and field trips to the circus, it was the best!

I've been to two colleges since then and it's been a blast!

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Ha I remember someone tried that on my little bro and his friends. Group of Sophomores got their asses whipped lol.

Freshman Friday is fake though.

If you're the friend type then make a lot of friends in the 9th Grade. I'm a Taurus so I stuck with a little bit lol.

Imma beat up my brother that day since he's becomming a freshman this september just for the hell of it lol

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Imma beat up my brother that day since he's becomming a freshman this september just for the hell of it lol

Lmao that's just wrong.

1*As for me I've been to 2 high Schools

1,2005-2007 Samuel.J.Tilden H.S (BK)

2,2007-2009 Hillcrest H.S(Qns)

Both had their ups and downs in their Records also manny security gards.

Loved Most of my teachers from their except for 10thgd math A teacher

And Math B teachers in 11th &12th gd

Graduated with a Regents Diploma from hillcrest h.s failed the Math B and Spanish Regents "really hard as hell".

2* had cool friends in both schools never had enemies

3*never dated in school had no time to and didn't care to.

4*11th grade was the hardest for me and most important taken the SAT then.

I Took both MathB&Spanish Regs in 12th, also kicked back and just still maintained my average was 81.25%

Just have fun but keep your grades up and no specialized schools don't mean anything besideds the personal attention and small classes.

Ap was too hard so i never took those classes.

As for college i will start after i do 2 years in job corps

And yeah for a whole year i did nuthing but travel and party.

Grad Class of 09 Woot! ;-)

If you plan on playing any sports, freshman get to carry everything.

And more importantly, if you didn't like who you were in middle school, you can change that (as long as you are going to a new HS). Go way out of your comfort zone.

VS North. A lot of native Brooklynites (a good friend of mine was one) and other boroughs since Elmont was right across the street.

Hah, I was in North once, it was like a bizarro world seeing as I went to South. Everything looked the same, except you guys have the tiles that we should have had!

Archived