MTA Takerover of Beeline thoughts

Well it would be nice if BeeLine ran 24hours and if they sold unlimited metrocards up here. But I like Bee Line the way it is now.....Not in debt. To be honest I only want to see MTA buses in the city. BeeLine is fine the way it is :tup:

I wouldnt expect to see too much difference in service if MTA took over or operated Beeline for Westchester county just like how MTA operates LIB for Nassau County. Westchester county would still have to fund Beeline. Some admin costs would be able to be save also some capital cost but day to day costs would be the same give or take.

I wouldnt expect to see too much difference in service if MTA took over or operated Beeline for Westchester county just like how MTA operates LIB for Nassau County. Westchester county would still have to fund Beeline. Some admin costs would be able to be save also some capital cost but day to day costs would be the same give or take.

Agreed. If the (MTA) take over takes place the only lines/coordiors that might IMO get 365/24/7 are #20 Central Ave. (Bedford Park/Woodlawn-Cross County) #1/#2 Broadway(Tudor Woods/Getty Sq in Yonkers-242/Van Cortland Park (1) subway)and #42 Wakefield(241 St. (2) subway)-Mt. Vernon-New Rochelle via White Plains Post Rd all with 60 minute headways.

While with a (MTA) takeover routes like The #5/6 Yonkers-White Plains #7 Yonkers-New Rochelle Crosstown #13 Tarrytown-White Plains-Pt. Chester #16 Peekskill-Jefferson Valley #40 Mt Vernon-White Plains-WCC all running 7 days a week 365 days a year every day (including Christmas/Thanksgiving Day)until at least 11pm even on Sundays.

Well it would be nice if BeeLine ran 24hours and if they sold unlimited metrocards up here. But I like Bee Line the way it is now.....Not in debt. To be honest I only want to see MTA buses in the city. BeeLine is fine the way it is :tup:

Me to i hope the take over doest happen. but i do agree with you on the 24 hour service on some of the routes.and at least during the holidays.cause you know people have to get place to place on the holidays.

I hope Bee-Line bus doesn't get takeover either.

Most Bee-Line Buses like W75 is right on time. Some buses not ontime.

I don't think Westchester County want (MTA) to invade Bee-Line Bus.

Bee-Line Bus is much wider than (MTA) fleet like NABI, Neoplan.

Only problem with Bee-Line Buses are there are no dispatcher and MetroCard Vending Machine because MetroCard Merchants not always have MetroCard that you need.

I think Bee-Line Bus needs to introduce dispatcher.

Idea for MVM Locations:

Carmel Park & Ride

FDR Park

Town Cortlandt Center

Jefferson Valley Mall

Galleria Mall

White Plains TransCenter

Westchester County Center

New Rochelle Intermodal Center

Playland

Westchester County Airport

Westchester Medical Center

Westchester Community College

SUNY at Purchase

all major transit hubs

Yuki i already wrote a letter to Bee line. They replied they are waiting for a new company for MVM's as the (MTA) has no more of those machines.

Just replying what the Westchester Beeline said.

Only problem with Bee-Line Buses are there are no dispatcher and MetroCard Vending Machine because MetroCard Merchants not always have MetroCard that you need.

Idea for MVM Locations:

Carmel Park & Ride

FDR Park

Town Cortlandt Center

Jefferson Valley Mall

Galleria Mall

White Plains TransCenter

Playland

SUNY at Purchase

all major transit hubs

that makes me feel so more confident.yea i still be driving my beeline artic.:tup:

Neoplans are way better than The D60 HF. GO NEOPLANS :tup::tup::tup:

Idea for MVM Locations:

Carmel Park & Ride

FDR Park

Town Cortlandt Center

Jefferson Valley Mall

Galleria Mall

White Plains TransCenter

Playland

SUNY at Purchase

all major transit hubs

Beeline does have dispatchers. You can here them on the radio all the time. They also have bus supervisors at Major hubs such as The Transcenter in White Plains.

• 2 weeks later...

don't like the idea of the MTA taking over routes that venture into suburbia (or however you wanna put it).... urban routes & suburban routes are two different animals...

if such takeovers happen, I can see the MTA tinkering w/ BeeLine's routes, as if they were routes that ran in the boroughs... they won't simply leave things as is....

- those express routes north of white plains, I can see them getting rid of...

- all those "commuter" routes, I can see the MTA turning into all day routes (attempting to combine them w/ some other route)...

- all those "loop" routes would somehow be combined into one or two routes total....

- forget about "timing" buses to meet up w/ the MNRR...

don't like the idea of the MTA taking over routes that venture into suburbia (or however you wanna put it).... urban routes & suburban routes are two different animals...

if such takeovers happen, I can see the MTA tinkering w/ BeeLine's routes, as if they were routes that ran in the boroughs... they won't simply leave things as is....

- those express routes north of white plains, I can see them getting rid of...

- all those "commuter" routes, I can see the MTA turning into all day routes (attempting to combine them w/ some other route)...

- all those "loop" routes would somehow be combined into one or two routes total....

- forget about "timing" buses to meet up w/ the MNRR...

Bro the fact is ( I am not endorsing an (MTA) takeover of Bee Line per say still personally have mixed feelings about it:confused:)most of the major transit systems in US i.e. Chicago-CTA Philadelphia-SEPTA LA-Southern Calif MTA, San Diego, Boston, etc. all have their bus and subway/light rail run into nearby suburban towns.

Bro the fact is ( I am not endorsing an (MTA) takeover of Bee Line per say still personally have mixed feelings about it:confused:)most of the major transit systems in US i.e. Chicago-CTA Philadelphia-SEPTA LA-Southern Calif MTA, San Diego, Boston, etc. all have their bus and subway/light rail run into nearby suburban towns.

ok, but that's not what I'm talking about....

MTA needs to figure its own crap out before trying to take over any more operations. They messed up the subway, then they messed up LIRR and to a lesser extent MNRR (formerly penn central then conrail) after taking over operations from the previous deedholders.

(MTA) = most troubling agency.

I love trains, the history of transportation, yes i even like some bus stuff, but one thing i most abhor is the (MTA) and their inside-out backwards upside-down way of planning and fiscal "responsibility". If every agency was run like the (MTA), stuff would be really, really bad. They need folks from amtrak and njt and CN to take over the railroads, people from :septa: to take over the bus operations, and people from :septa: and TFL (transport for london) to run the subways, each in a separated agency, only interlinked by fare media (metrocard).

- A

Archived