I just realized...

Ftrainfan

The Jamaica Queens subway yard is really becoming R160 central. I mean the (F) is all R160 now , the (E)'s been all R160s , They have so many R160s , it's like Michael Jackson's collection of dead bodies of kids he raped... LOL!

Should I even tell you how screwed up this comment is??

But seriously. The R160 is a new regular for the Queens Blvd. line and it's routes! There was even the recent act of putting them on the (G) to replace the (F) to Coney Island. Just wow! But that also means the R46s are going Bye-Bye from the QB line! Might as well make the entire QB line(maybe the (G) as well ) 100% R160s. So that the last few R46s can be sent to pikitin to run for the (A) and possibly the (C)! It's a tragic thing , but when it comes to R46s NOW , unfortunately pikitin wins again! I wish the MTA had more R46s numbered 6259-7999. That would be Awesome. But they don't.

Take a vacation out of the city...a long one

Red

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very Funny, Those R160's are boring as hell, But I don't care because we still have R32's and R42's, I heard that they want to put R160's on the (G) for regular service, I hope that does not happen, but if it does oh well.

BUT, more of the same makes life easier behind the scenes. more similar trains means more similar parts, which simplifies inventory, and makes keeping trains moving easier. It also saves money.

But the design can still look different. Hate to reference JR trains again, but I remember the face of the Tokyo trains as well as the exterior colors...looking so different and cool. For e. the Yamanote train vs Keihin Tohoku train.

Very Funny, Those R160's are boring as hell, But I don't care because we still have R32's and R42's, I heard that they want to put R160's on the (G) for regular service, I hope that does not happen, but if it does oh well.

:cry:

No more! No more!

I got a question for everyone. Is it that serious? The R160's are here and there's no way around them. Either you like them or you don't but depending on what line you use, you may have no choice but to ride them. Accept that fact or don't ride those lines. It's that simple.

But the design can still look different. Hate to reference JR trains again, but I remember the face of the Tokyo trains as well as the exterior colors...looking so different and cool. For e. the Yamanote train vs Keihin Tohoku train.

But when there's a yard transfer, the transferred cars would have to be recolored to match their new line. Also, trains in one yard run on different lines ((i.e. Jamaica with the (E)(F)(G)(R)).

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

It's like the RTS when it was introduced:eek:

In a nutshell yes lol

BUT, more of the same makes life easier behind the scenes. more similar trains means more similar parts, which simplifies inventory, and makes keeping trains moving easier. It also saves money.

That's true...but you gotta admit it does look a little bland

YES!!!! YES!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!! R160s ON THE (G)!!!!!!! Let's DO IT!!! Roll them on the (G) already

YES!!!! YES!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!! R160s ON THE (G)!!!!!!! Let's DO IT!!! Roll them on the (G) already

Foamfan.... why don't you go scrounge up some money yourself, and order a couple hundred more 160s. That way the (MTA) could put them on every line!

Seriously, I liked 160s when they first came out, because of their working A/Cs and NTT etc, but its a god damn train! Don't foam over it like crazy... soon when the 160s get retired in 40-50 years i bet youll still be foaming over them

Foamfan.... why don't you go scrounge up some money yourself, and order a couple hundred more 160s. That way the (MTA) could put them on every line!

Seriously, I liked 160s when they first came out, because of their working A/Cs and NTT etc, but its a god damn train! Don't foam over it like crazy... soon when the 160s get retired in 40-50 years i bet youll still be foaming over them

By then, he is going to foam over some other NTT train.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I felt that same way...until they started popping up on the (J)...then I stopped caring about them

They have so many R160s , it's like Michael Jackson's collection of dead bodies of kids he raped... LOL!

boy does this snippet speak volumes....

I want you to make a loose fist... and repeatedly tap yourself on the forehead with it... like you're knocking on a door.....

this is a first hand, first person exercise showing where you are at mentally, to think of a statement like that....

never mind the fact that you're making similes of a (deceased) human being to an inanimate object....

never mind the fact that you're laughing at it too....

Its funny how this dude wants R160's on more lines, To Me the the R160's should have been on these lines instead of what we see to day:

(A), Should have gotten them first, yeah they ran in 2006 for a test trail, But due to a Bullshit reason they are not on the (A), The (A) always runs older equipment and its the longest line in the system.

(:), Should have half or most of them, The (B) would be perfect for R160's, R68's don't look right on the (B), Plus it would be smarter because it has 2 terminals

(C), Should have them, No excuse, The (C) is like the stepchild, I like the R32's on the (C) but the (C) should have R160's also, half the (C) crew are R160 ready.

(D), too many R68's on that damn line, it needs to be half and Half

The Lines that should only have Half:

(E), Those (E) riders make me sick, even if the (E) ran older equipment, they should have waited until after the (F) got them, it was funny that the (E) was jacked up on the 1st day that junk entered service due to the crews not being ready.

(F), should only have Half of them, it makes no sense to take away all the R46's just because of the cut (M) (Essex cut), Dumbass supervisor that made the choice, should be fired, The (F) was great with Half R46's and Half R160's

(Q), It Should be plan R68's, Those trains do not look right on the (Q), They look so ugly on the (Q).

(R) should have half and half, same as the (F).

I have no comment on the (J),(M),(Z) and (L), They belong on those lines.

The (G) shoule get them for the OPTO service, which I hear they want to expand to full time. Perhaps if they are considering putting them over there; that's why. (I haven't heard of that plan myself; except from this thread).

So I guess then, the few would disappear from the (R).

The next batch of new cars probably will be to fill oout JYD. Since the next CBTC project is supposed to be over that way, they seem to want it to be all new cars.

I too think the (A)(:)(C) should have gotten new cars as well.

But when there's a yard transfer, the transferred cars would have to be recolored to match their new line. Also, trains in one yard run on different lines ((i.e. Jamaica with the (E)(F)(G)(R)).

Hmm..good point. ...they can be designed by yard then, I don't know. :/ I just think the trains are getting really boring.

(maybe the Japanese and some other train systems are just really into aesthetics).

Certain people, yes. But it seems more for the younger gen. I know I'd prefer the R32s and older.

I like being young...but in terms of this, it kinda sucks.

:tdown:

No more, please!

Just for that, I hope R160s never go on the (G).

:tup:

(A), Should have gotten them first, yeah they ran in 2006 for a test trail, But due to a Bullshit reason they are not on the (A), The (A) always runs older equipment and its the longest line in the system.

I have no comment on the (J),(M),(Z) and (L), They belong on those lines.

Eh, the (A) is one of the longest, as well as the (D), probably the (:) and (Q). The long route trains, I think should get R68/a...or any such older car since those cars are alot more comfortable. With the wider space and window seating arrangement, it seems more suited for a longer commute. The bench seated trains seem more suited for shorter distance, people with shorter commutes, since people don't have to walk around the window seats and such to get out quickly.

I agree with the Bushwick trains. My reasoning: Traveling from Bushwick to Manhattan is a lot shorter than traveling from Rockaway or Coney Island to Manhattan everyday.

Personally, it makes me feel sad seeing all the older trains being rid off/or in consideration. There are many memories with the trains, such as sitting at the window as a child on a long ride to Coney Island. Its like mono no aware, nothing last forever, enjoy it before its gone. ....I saw a child admiring the trains at Jay St. Station the other day, pointing at the (A) and the (C). It's like...the magic of trains children seem to have. This may be gone if all trains become new. :_:

The (A)(C) run the oldest cars mostly because 207 is the only yard with reefing facilities.

(:), Should have half or most of them, The (B) would be perfect for R160's, R68's don't look right on the (B), Plus it would be smarter because it has 2 terminals

Agreed with the last part of that

(C), Should have them, No excuse, The (C) is like the stepchild, I like the R32's on the (C) but the (C) should have R160's also, half the (C) crew are R160 ready.

See reply to (A)

So? It's not like the R68 is un-rideable.

The Lines that should only have Half:

(F), should only have Half of them, it makes no sense to take away all the R46's just because of the cut (M) (Essex cut), Dumbass supervisor that made the choice, should be fired, The (F) was great with Half R46's and Half R160's

Better to be safe than sorry!

(Q) Those trains do not look right on the (Q), They look so ugly on the (Q).

So what?

(R) should have half and half, same as the (F).

Why?

I have no comment on the Eastern Division, They belong on those lines.

The R143s have to be on the (L) because of CBTC.

Archived