I just realized...

Ftrainfan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides no one should be so upset. Another order is coming in the next 2-3 years. The new R188's. If you are lucky then you will catch one on the (7),<7>. Then in another 2 years another new car would be coming. The new R179's. They are picking a design team for it as I am typing right now. Just saying I hope it's Kawasaki or Alstom.

R179s and R211s would probally come in around the same time. 2015-2016 is gonna be a mess for the IND/BMT.

Once the R211 order finishes, then

1. The only non-NTTs in the B Div will be the R68/As.

2. There will be ~15 years without new B Division cars being introduced :eek:

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

They were taken off the (F) for a reason. As someone said before I rather be safe then sorry. Would you want a 75' car taking the wrong lineup then getting stuck? It would cost even more money just to get it out. Personally, I think removing them from the (F) was a good idea

THANK YOU!!!! Somone sees my point. R46s were good in the past , but due to these changes. They just don't go with some lines they used to anymore

(and by said lines , I mean the (E)/(F)) it's the R160s turn to be the subway car for the QB line , the 6th ave local , the 8th ave local , the broadway local , the crosstown local , and much more...

Once the R211 order finishes, then

1. The only non-NTTs in the B Div will be the R68/As.

2. There will be ~15 years without new B Division cars being introduced :eek:

That's scary.... especially being the only ol'school cars left in the system along w/ R62/A cars in the IRT while the rest of the system is NTT :). I give :tup: for the (1)(D) lines for keeping the same rolling stock for almost 25 years and keep it up for another 15.

I know. The R68/A's and the R62/A's would be the oldest cars in the fleet to get replaced. They will leave somewhere in the mid 2020's toward another new technology train which I label R2XX-1 and R2XX-2. I only call them that because we don't know their last 2 digit numbers until they come and XX means a mystery number. The -1 and -2 just means that one of them is an IRT R62/A replacement and the other is the BMT/IND R68/A replacement.

THANK YOU!!!! Somone sees my point. R46s were good in the past , but due to these changes. They just don't go with some lines they used to anymore

(and by said lines , I mean the (E)/(F)) it's the R160s turn to be the subway car for the QB line , the 6th ave local , the 8th ave local , the broadway local , the crosstown local , and much more...

You need help.

The 160s are just poorly designed. The pole in front of the door makes the train crowded in front of the door and empty in between. The high bar in the middle of the car is useless to anyone shorter than 5'10" and uncomfortable to hold regardless. Also, when I was on the F yesterday, at 4th ave-9th st, the only transfer available was for the (Mx), that was funny.

I will say that that pole on the ceiling is good for standing up while the train is still moving.

That said, everyone will probably be foaming over the R160s 40 years from now.

Most likely.

YES!!!! YES!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!! R160s ON THE (G)!!!!!!! Let's DO IT!!! Roll them on the (G) already

lol I like your attitude. lol

dude, the reefing equipment left in may, so they are no longer reefing trains, the R32's mostlikely will be placed on a different line within a year, the R32's have 5-8 years left, trust Me the way they are being treated I see them being on another line, come on 80 to 100 out of 244 OOS due to A/C problem,207th knew that those R32's were not coming from Jamaica in decent shape back in 2009 (A/C) and they didn't do nothing, So I Blame 207th for being so damn slow and stupid and plus one of the (A)'s supt Banned them from the (A), so I find it funny how people say that all 244 R32's should stay at 207th but yet they only use 144 R32's for the (C) plus spares about 180 cars, if they are not on the (A) no more for the 3rd time, Make the (C) 10 Damn cars already or send them back to Coney Island, And trust Me (C) riders are starting to bicth, We can't get mad because the (C) never had new equipment, the Newest trains the (C) ever had were the R110's. Back when subway cars were scraped, they were at Coney Island yard, I don't see the remaining R32's and R42's being reefed, NYCTA would keep about 80-100 R32's for work service. That reefing program is a waste of money and its bad for the water.

I agree with full-length (C) part.

based on what... your orgasmic feelings for the R160?

yeah right, kid....

clearly someone doesn't know the meaning of DIVERSITY

The Jamaica Queens subway yard is really becoming R160 central. I mean the (F) is all R160 now , the (E)'s been all R160s , They have so many R160s , it's like Michael Jackson's collection of dead bodies of kids he raped... LOL!

But seriously. The R160 is a new regular for the Queens Blvd. line and it's routes! There was even the recent act of putting them on the (G) to replace the (F) to Coney Island. Just wow! But that also means the R46s are going Bye-Bye from the QB line! Might as well make the entire QB line(maybe the (G) as well ) 100% R160s. So that the last few R46s can be sent to pikitin to run for the (A) and possibly the (C)! It's a tragic thing , but when it comes to R46s NOW , unfortunately pikitin wins again! I wish the MTA had more R46s numbered 6259-7999. That would be Awesome. But they don't.

You talk about Michael Jackson like it's a fact. The funny thing is I wouldn't trust you around any kids either.

Shouldn't the next new B-Div cars arrive by 2012 since the R44's would've been retiring next year?

It's unsure at this point as the R179 order may be canceled. It has happened before, orders being canceled.

It's unsure at this point as the R179 order may be canceled. It has happened before, orders being canceled.

From what I've read the R179 is not a done deal and may be canceled because of no money and the R32's and R38's are going tobe extended 5 years, but the source may be incorrect. We shall see.

From what I've read the R179 is not a done deal and may be canceled because of no money and the R32's and R38's are going tobe extended 5 years, but the source may be incorrect. We shall see.

The R38s are done. The only pre-1970s equipment left for revenue service are R32s and 42s. But yeah let's sit back and see what happens regarding the R179s.

The R38s are done. The only pre-1970s equipment left for revenue service are R32s and 42s. But yeah let's sit back and see what happens regarding the R179s.

The R32's I see lasting another 5-8 years, They should start an SMS on those R32's, Trust Me It would be smart, As well as the R42's.

They really did need that Option III (If it ever was a real consideration). That wouldn't cost as much as a whole new order would it?

Yeah it would cost less than a new order. The pattern is every time a new order comes about, the contract price per car increases.

Archived