A Small Question About East 99th Street In Canarsie

At the end of East 99th Street (where East 99th meets Smith's Lane alongside the Fourteenth Street-Canarsie Line (L)), is that building (where East 99th Street dead ends at the fence) part of Rockaway Yard and the Rockaway Parkway station?

Slightly off topic: The last house at the corner of East 99th Street and Smith's Lane looks nice and looks like it has a small balcony/patio on each side of the top floor. Maybe might be interesting living there with the (L) subway line feet away. (In fact looks like a quiet residential block between Smith's and Farragut Road)

If you're referring to the boxy, modern-looking building with paneled siding and a few windows south of the "END" sign and fence at the Smiths/E 99 corner. . . . I thought that is the Rockaway terminal/tower. Smiths Lane really isn't even for through traffic - it's essentially part of the parking area there. If I recall, there's the fence alongside the terminus at the south side of the Smiths/E 99 corner, and to the east is an empty fenced-in lot. I'm not sure if I remember the house that you mentioned, EE.

Archived