Which Depots have Weekday ONLY Equipment

Lennyj17

I noticed more depots have weekday only equipment, meaning you wont see them on the weekends or barely.....

SC - O5 CNG's

MJQ - RTSs

JFK - O5s

CP - 8500's

WF - RTSs and 3-digit O5's

CS - 3 digit O5's

LGA - RTSs

Did I get them All?

u got SC right :P and 7423-7428 MCIs with the 18xx and 19xx

Also, im not really sure how Q67 works on weekends since its a chance of 1%

The Q67 runs everyday...the last bus leaves at 11:10 pm from Queens Plz. On sundays its literally 2 buses on the entire line and they come every hour

Ok let me clarify - I mean equipment that has been truncated to weekdays to preserve life of the equipment...not equipment that only runs on weekdays because that's the only time the route for that equipment operates....I.E. Express Buses

SC is the exception, because their express routes do run on weekends and newer D4500's have truncated older MCI's to weekday only operations...same with the CP 1800-1900's

Ok let me clarify - I mean equipment that has been truncated to weekdays to preserve life of the equipment...not equipment that only runs on weekdays because that's the only time the route for that equipment operates....I.E. Express Buses

SC is the exception, because their express routes do run on weekends and newer D4500's have truncated older MCI's to weekday only operations...same with the CP 1800-1900's

doesnt 31xx, 32xx, and 33xx coaches run on Saturdays too? cause bfre 7/2 at 10;20AM at Emmons, i saw 3189 on Saturday duty.

I noticed more depots have weekday only equipment, meaning you wont see them on the weekends or barely.....

SC - O5 CNG's

MJQ - RTSs

JFK - O5s

CP - 8500's

WF - RTSs and 3-digit O5's

CS - 3 digit O5's

LGA - RTSs

Did I get them All?

I see JFK O5s on the Q37 on weekends all the time.

That's why I used the word Barely as well...

while you may see an LGA RTS or JFK O5 on weekends...they're not using the whole herd...maybe one or 2 (def less than 5) are out on the weekends from what I can tell.....unlike the Hybrids were every unit is out in force.

Wirelessly posted via (SAMSUNG-SGH-T469/T469UVIG4 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I know JFK only uses the O5s on the morning runs mainly. Those rarely are out past 7-8 PM. LGA RTSs tend to come out during the day with a few covering evening service. SC uses the Orion V CNGs mainly on weekdays & they can pop up in Saturday Service.

Nothing in the way of local buses is weekday only at any of the 29 MTA garages with local buses (this excludes Yonkers Depot which is all-MCI), except for possibly Eastchester...and that will change come September.

Excluding ECH, the following equipment is unused on weekends:

Staten Island/Manhattan/Bronx Divisions: None (NOTE: Castleton normally uses only its 2800s and 2900s on weekends for express service.)

Brooklyn Division: Ulmer Park MCIs

Queens Division: Queens Village MCIs

Long Island Bus: Nothing anymore, although I doubt that the 1400s get used on weekends (Rockville Centre Depot is now used on weekends)

MTA Bus:

*Yonkers: None

*Eastchester: Possibly the RTS buses

*College Point: MCI 102DLW3SS buses

*Far Rockaway: MCI buses (Sunday only)

*Spring Creek: MCI D4500CL/CTs (Sunday only), MCI D4500s (7400s) and MCI 102DLW3SSs

*JFK Depot: MCI buses (I have seen a number of 5900s out on Sundays; however, those and the MCIs are JFK's only non-low-floor buses).

*Baisley Park: MCI buses

*LaGuardia: MCI buses

^^^^^ I know for a fact depots will keep older equipment off the road as much as possible on weekends to preserve life....

Like the subway division...when certain lines were transferring to NTT (i.e (E)(F)(N)) the MTA kept SMEE's off those lines on the weekends... all 3 of the lines i mentioned were 100% R160s on the weekend before becoming Full R160...

• 2 months later...

Archived