Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Lennyj17

RTS stronghold areas that are now RTSless.....

Time to face it....Our beloved RTS coverage areas are becoming smaller and smaller now....

outside of Crosstowns - NO RTS's on the East Side above 23rd Street...

except for weekdays M104 - NO RTSs in the entire 125th street vicinity

The entire Washington Heights / Inwood RTSless except for a few WF every now and again on weekdays...

WOW No RTSs on 5/Madison AVs

seems like with the addition of the OG's to MJQ that the M20 is becoming a hybrid line....catching an RTS is now very rare on that line.

Time to face it....Our beloved RTS coverage areas are becoming smaller and smaller now....

seems like with the addition of the OG's to MJQ that the M20 is becoming a hybrid line....catching an RTS is now very rare on that line.

The M9 and M21 still features the occasional RTS, but yes these routes are mostly hybrid.

The entire Washington Heights / Inwood RTSless except for a few WF every now and again on weekdays...

M9, M20 & the M98 still use RTSs, What they should've done is send the 6365-6380 batch of Orion VIIs to Quill and send the others elsewhere. We all know there are depots that would want those.... :P

You still have the M31 on York Ave.

M9, M20 & the M98 still use RTSs, What they should've done is send the 6365-6380 batch of Orion VIIs to Quill and send the others elsewhere. We all know there are depots that would want those.... :P

OMG, send them to Brooklyn :P Hell MJQ can take FB's NGs if they want. I'd gladly have those 5200 RTSs back at FB. :)

OMG, send them to Brooklyn :P Hell MJQ can take FB's NGs if they want. I'd gladly have those 5200 RTSs back at FB. :P

Yeah, Those buses will be placed elsewhere soon anyway,I want to see them at Queens Village, They would be nice, QV had the 1st bacth of 1999 RTS.

Oh yeah, those RTS will be spread around. I wouldn't be surprised they start to move out more 8800-8900s to MTA bus as well. MTA bus always ends up with the older RTS buses.

Oh yeah, those RTS will be spread around. I wouldn't be surprised they start to move out more 8800-8900s to MTA bus as well. MTA bus always ends up with the older RTS buses.

If the ex-Quill batch of 8800s goes to MTA Bus (even though 8872 is at LGA), I'm going to go crazy. Those were some of the best 8800s out there.

The few 8800s at FB are pretty good too. I think whichever depot gets them would at least get a few good months out of them. After that, it depends on how much tlc they put into them.

You still have the M31 on York Ave.

True - but i've always considered the M31 a crosstown, because that what I basically used it for...

I thought the M98 was out of MV now....oh well...and I work in TSQ and most of the Quill RTSs in that area are on the M42 and M104 now....I only seen 1 RTS on the M20 all of last week...the NGs seem to be M20 stronghold now with a few OGs thrown in here and there.

Edited by East New York

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

There's still RTSs on the M9. I saw one earlier today. I remember when there was RTSs on the M16 but then those damn NGs came along lol. Ulmer park is still the best RTS stronghold since that's all they use for local service. Fresh Pond is another good one since all but 57 of their 200 or so buses is RTS (thank ENY for that lol)

I thought the M98 was out of MV now....oh well...and I work in TSQ and most of the Quill RTSs in that area are on the M42 and M104 now....I only seen 1 RTS on the M20 all of last week...the NGs seem to be M20 stronghold now with a few OGs thrown in here and there.

The M98 moved to Quill, along with the M96 & M104 on that dark day in (MTA) history (lol)

The few 8800s at FB are pretty good too. I think whichever depot gets them would at least get a few good months out of them. After that, it depends on how much tlc they put into them.

Yeah, Flatbush's RTS are great, I rode an 8800 on the Q53 out of LGA it ran good, the 9300's looked banged up but they can handle it.

Ulmer park in SW Brooklyn is still 98% RTS.

In general (exp and local service), no. For local service, it has nothing but RTS buses at all.;)

Who do you think will have RTSs right up til the end.....

UP - 126 - QV are my 3 guesses.....

My guesses

Ulmer Park

Eastchester

Flatbush

Fresh Pond

Queens Village

I want to add in LaGuardia and Jamaica into that list, but I'm not too sure about that.

Ulmer park in SW Brooklyn is still 98% RTS.

100% RTS!

My guesses

Ulmer Park

Eastchester

Flatbush

Fresh Pond

Queens Village

I want to add in LaGuardia and Jamaica into that list, but I'm not too sure about that.

How could you possibly forget East New York! Most of our B/O's were not happy at all when the O7's came in!

How could you possibly forget East New York! Most of our B/O's were not happy at all when the O7's came in!

I've actually been hard pressed to find a driver who preferred the Orion 7s to the RTS. But I'll include your namesake to that list. lol

I've actually been hard pressed to find a driver who preferred the Orion 7s to the RTS. But I'll include your namesake to that list. lol

New drivers, and tall drivers like them more. Vets and short people like me prefer the RTS. But I don't know many b/o's at all who would take a low-floor over an RTS in the winter.

My guesses

Ulmer Park

Eastchester

Flatbush

Fresh Pond

Queens Village

WOW So once Quill is completely transfered over to hybrids...126th will be holding it down as far as keeping the City from becoming 100% hybrid and artic except for the O5's that will show up on the WF routes Uptown, the CS Q32 and the KB M100

New drivers, and tall drivers like them more. Vets and short people like me prefer the RTS. But I don't know many b/o's at all who would take a low-floor over an RTS in the winter.

I'd understand if youre new. But regardless of tenure or size, you'd have to be crazy in order to prefer a low floor in the winter. That's like asking to get stuck in the snow.

The M96 and M106 are out of MJQ and still have a good amount of RTS's.

The Bx15 may still have the occasional RTS on it, as well as all West Farms lines.

Another area that used to be full of RTSs was the entire MTA Bus service area in Queens. The Rockaways and south-central Queens (where JFK Depot and Baisley Park Depot run routes) and College Point Depot are all RTS-free now---and Far Rockaway had been a dumping ground for old buses.