RTS stronghold areas that are now RTSless.....

Lennyj17

In general (exp and local service), no. For local service, it has nothing but RTS buses at all.;)

Concidering all the problems with ppl not moving to the back of a lf bus, you should be happy UP has mostly HF buses [which means among the newer/younger RTSs concentrated there]. I'd love it if FB was all RTSs again. I do hope the Nova LFS are ordered, I think UP should be first on the list to get them.

100% RTS!

How could you possibly forget East New York! Most of our B/O's were not happy at all when the O7's came in!

Concidering the older RTSs they had, I would think they would be happy with the arrival with the ex-Grand Av hybrids. They seem to look pretty good. Though I would've liked it if the 8700s were sent out than the 8900s.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

100% RTS!

How could you possibly forget East New York! Most of our B/O's were not happy at all when the O7's came in!

Concidering the older RTSs they had, I would think they would be happy with the arrival with the ex-Grand Av hybrids. They seem to look pretty good. Though I would've liked it if the 8700s were sent out than the 8900s.

Where do you think those hybrids from Grand Av came from? Their closest neighbor Fresh Pond :) lol...I'm glad they did that though cuz FP got more RTS's as a result

The M96 and M106 are out of MJQ and still have a good amount of RTS's.

Thank God for that or else my neighborhood at work would be nothing but hybrids. I can't help but smile when I see a 5000 series come whizzing past me, which sadly doesn't happen very much.

RTSs in the Bronx are becoming increasingly rare. West Farms seems to be using less and less. I see more Former Queen Surface Orion V CNG's now from MTA Bus which is cool. But at one point I would be able to take an RTS once a day. I barely see them anymore when I ride across the Bronx. Where are all the West Farms RTSs? I remember driving on the cross bronx and seeing West Farms full of RTSs

Then you see the small group assigned to Eastchester for the QBX1 and thats it.

WF is down to 11 or 13 RTSs...Most were pushed out with the arrival of the O5 CNGs...same with the diesel O5's...I think the plan is to make WF all Hybrid and Artic...

Once the CNG NF's arrive either JG will push OG CNGs or C40LF's to WF or CP will push more O5 CNGs to WF...This will wipe out the remaining diesels...

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

WF is down to 11 or 13 RTSs...Most were pushed out with the arrival of the O5 CNGs...same with the diesel O5's...I think the plan is to make WF all Hybrid and Artic...

Once the CNG NF's arrive either JG will push OG CNGs or C40LF's to WF or CP will push more O5 CNGs to WF...This will wipe out the remaining diesels...

Why whould WF be hybrid if its already uses CNG buses?

Artic I understand, but given that WF is a CNG facility I don't see it becoming hybrids.

I had some hope for WF. With all the RTS and O5's i looked forward to riding the Bx6 everyday. But it does look like its almost over for good buses. I havent seen one RTS in about two weeks on the Bx6. Soon Eastchester is going to the last place you'll find RTS either on the QBx1 (soon to be Bx23) or to be scrapped. :P

Why whould WF be hybrid if its already uses CNG buses?

SC has hybrids even though it is a CNG depot, so not at all strange.

*note I know the poster you quoted made a mistake and made a correction.

Where do you think those hybrids from Grand Av came from? Their closest neighbor Fresh Pond :P lol...I'm glad they did that though cuz FP got more RTS's as a result

Heh, right, GA got buses from several depots. I forgot.

I remember them on the M15 as well. Sadly they'll never go back as by the time the SAS to just Houston is done, the RTSs would probably be all retired.

Yea, those were the good days (unless you actually had to ride the route with 40 footers, which was pure hell). I still miss them none the less.

By the time SAS reaches Houston, whatever replaces the RTS will be retired most likely.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

The M9 still uses RTS's...seen 5225 on it yesterday heading to work

SC has hybrids even though it is a CNG depot, so not at all strange.

Oh yeah I gorgot about that

*note I know the poster you quoted made a mistake and made a correction.

Ok I see now

Heh, right, GA got buses from several depots. I forgot.

The OGs came from FP along with some of the early 94xx's, the late 94xx's and early 95xx's came from Staten Island. As for the rest, I don't know

Replies in red

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Try the Bx36 route that uses 07cng 05diesel and RTS

I think that's it though for a WF route.

And Upk will most likely have the last of the RTS.

One time I had an RTS that had soft cushioned seats but had the standard blue seat layout [not suburban seats].

M15 will still be all artics many decades from now.

I think you mean the 7535-7559 batch that was assigned to that garage. (East NY and then Ulmer Park had 7511-7534, and Flatbush had 7500-7510 plus 7000.)

Queens Village had 7001-7037 and Yukon had 7038-7049 (which also had soft seats like the 126 Street units).

Thanks so much. For years I kept trying to remember what the number of the bus was. Damn, I had no idea they had RTS numbers in the 7000s.

A 110 1981-1982 GMC RTS Got rehabed and renumberd #7000-7049 and #7500-7559. The 7000's were at QV, YUK and later UP & MJQ. While the 7500's were at 126, ENY(Got sent to UP) and flatbush.

A 110 1981-1982 GMC RTS Got rehabed and renumberd #7000-7049 and #7500-7559. The 7000's were at QV, YUK and later UP & MJQ. While the 7500's were at 126, ENY(Got sent to UP) and flatbush.

The 7000s were rebuilt in-house and the 7500s were rebuilt by Midwest Bus.

I wonder if the MTA will ever attempt it with the 1996 Novas.

Archived