NYCT/MaBSTOA Bus Roster April, 1999

DNJ

At that time, Amsterdam was a Manhattan Division Depot.

Going way back though---what garages were part of Lower Manhattan Division---and was there ever an Upper Manhattan Division? (I would imagine Hudson Pier, 54th Street, Manhattanville, and 126 were Lower Manhattan.)

Going way back though---what garages were part of Lower Manhattan Division---and was there ever an Upper Manhattan Division? (I would imagine Hudson Pier, 54th Street, Manhattanville, and 126 were Lower Manhattan.)

I think AMS, OHS, MV, 126 would be upper while WS, HUD, 54 would be lower.

I would have to look in the archives to be 100% sure, but IIRC....

Upper: Amsterdam, 126 Street, 132 Street(MV)

Lower: 54 Street, Hudson Pier, and West Side(MJQ)

I know this may sound like a newbie question---but where was the 54th Street Depot? I think that I have an idea of what routes were out of it, but where was it? And when did it close? (I imagine that its routes went to Hudson Pier before the MTA acquired what is now MJQ from Greyhound Lines (although Greyhound still uses the driver dorms).

I know this may sound like a newbie question---but where was the 54th Street Depot? I think that I have an idea of what routes were out of it, but where was it? And when did it close? (I imagine that its routes went to Hudson Pier before the MTA acquired what is now MJQ from Greyhound Lines (although Greyhound still uses the driver dorms).

That's one depot that I have no memories of. When it closed is also a good question. It was located where the current RTO Command CTR is on 9th Av. @ 54th St. IIRC.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

-5055-5074 started at FP...AWESOME!!! (Although I knew this lol)...we should get them back

-Cummins RTS born at FP and will die there (literally)

Nice list :tup:

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

-5055-5074 started at FP...AWESOME!!! (Although I knew this lol)...we should get them back

-Cummins RTS born at FP and will die there (literally)

Nice list :tup:

The Cummins RTSs actually ran for a few weeks out of Flatbush first---then went to Fresh Pond. I remember because they came in on flatbeds.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I guess everyone forgot about the Crosstown Depot, but that closed in '81...I dunno how the logo looked

The Cummins RTSs actually ran for a few weeks out of Flatbush first---then went to Fresh Pond. I remember because they came in on flatbeds.

Damn flatbush lol

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I guess everyone forgot about the Crosstown Depot, but that closed in '81...I dunno how the logo looked

Crosstown was really small, BTW---it was located at the end of the then-B62 route (today's B43), and held only about 80 buses. I would think that it had the B24, B29 (southern half of B24), B30 (discontinued 1995), B39 (discontinued 2010), B61 (B62), and B62 (B43).

I don't think they had logos yet. I didn't start noticing them until a few years after that.

If there was one designed (perhaps only in/on the building), I always wanted to see what it looked like.

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Could that really be the Nova LFS test bus?

http://www.ttmg.org/pages/nova/nymta-novad.html

I did see 995 in HP and rode it on the M42 in that summer, but all buses 995-999 was given back to NovaBus with the NYCTA specs

I also remembered that 100 St (now Tuskegee) was closed at the time

100th St and Walnut closed at the same time. Old 100th & Old Amsterdam buses went to Westside Depot (The big "W") while Walnut's buses split between Amsterdam, Kingsbridge & GH. Some of their buses went to Brooklyn, and the STC (Surface Training Center) went to GH. 

I don't think they had logos yet. I didn't start noticing them until a few years after that.

If there was one designed (perhaps only in/on the building), I always wanted to see what it looked like.

Logos didn't start coming iirc in 1983

That's one depot that I have no memories of. When it closed is also a good question. It was located where the current RTO Command CTR is on 9th Av. @ 54th St. IIRC.

I can pick this one for you: 54th St Depot had M4, M5, M7 (split with OF), M10, M11, M57 (old M28), M58 [merged with M31] (M103, discontinued in 1989), M72, and M79. This depot was replaced by the current Manhattanville Depot. The depot looked very classic though where it's shed was built for elevated cars

Mother Clara Hale was/is apart of the Bronx Division. I'm not sure when Amsterdam became apart of the Bronx Division.

Amsterdam became Bronx Division after Walnut Depot was closed in 1998

you are 99.9% accruate, but add 146th St to Upper. There were 7 depots total before it became just Manhattan division and 146 was transferred to the Bronx

• 2 years later...
On 8/4/2010 at 4:40 PM, Kanarsie Guy said:

Way back before Manhattanville, the prior 132nd Street depot was OTS while 126 was MAN (signifying the TA's Manhattan Bus Division).

This is probably outside the scope of this thread, but when Avenue B & East Broadway's M8 and M9 bus routes were acquired by the city in 1980, a) would they have been MaBSTOA or TA, and b) to which depot would they have been assigned?  I saw on the list here, M9 was out of HUD, which would suggest MaBSTOA . . .

6 hours ago, WB Bus Subway said:

Way back before Manhattanville, the prior 132nd Street depot was OTS while 126 was MAN (signifying the TA's Manhattan Bus Division).

This is probably outside the scope of this thread, but when Avenue B & East Broadway's M8 and M9 bus routes were acquired by the city in 1980, a) would they have been MaBSTOA or TA, and b) to which depot would they have been assigned?  I saw on the list here, M9 was out of HUD, which would suggest MaBSTOA . . .

Avenue B & East Broadway were acquired by MaBSTOA.

IINM,both the M8 & M9 went to Hudson Depot.

What's interesting is that an Flexible made it to 1999, I don't think that bus had power steering, so I don't see the point of keeping one as a training bus when every bus in the fleet at the time had power steering.

Awesome roster though, threads like this is when I wish time travel was possible.

Archived