Have You/Would You?

Yes. I was raised near the West End Line. I have had seen the history of the (:P, (W), and (D). I also saw the (Mx) before it became the (M). I would stay near that location for the rest of my life because I have family down here and I am going to raise my future family down here, and yes I like the sounds of the R68's.

roadcruiser1.gif

Although I live a few blocks away from the Brighton line, it would be nice to live on one of those blocks that is right next to the line. In particular, the blocks between Newkirk Av and Av H. You can literally stick your hand out from the fence and touch the train as it passes by (not that I would). I just love it when a train line meets ground level, espicially a subway line. Though my dad does live next to the Jamaica El. :cool:

Not my video. Skip to 0:18.

I wouldn't mind living near an elevated line.

I've never lived in NYC, but I have an uncle who lived there for over 20 years before he moved to Atlanta. He lived near Broadway Junction so when I went to visit him, I'd always sleep downstairs in his house so I could hear the R40s and 42s.

I lived in a apartment building on White Plains Rd between 233rd and 225th stations on the (2) and it was thee best.

Isn't the (6) Kawasoki?
Kawasaki is the one's who designed and built the train, but Bomadier provided the proplusion.

You couldnt pay me to live near that racket. My grandmother used to live right next to the (A) / (C) El on liberty ave. I remember watching the traincs go by loaded with graffitti. It was so loud she never used to sleep in the bedroom that was next to the el. She had to sleep towards the back of the house. It sucked. Worst quality of living.:tdown:

Simply....I would crap happiness and rainbows if I lived near train tracks... I rather live near a line that has the older trains; (A)(B)(D) and ol' (N)... (I'm so sick of the new trains).

They'd make for great paintings, art, and such....I think I'll just enjoy seeing them go past. :)

We should initiate a home exchange program where all transit fans exchange their current homes with people living right next to the train tracks. Then we can match up the right homes with people who like and don't like noise!

Archived