Have You/Would You?

I lived in a apartment building on White Plains Rd between 233rd and 225th stations on the (2) and it was thee best.

Kawasaki is the one's who designed and built the train, but Bomadier provided the proplusion.

The R142A uses Adtranz and the R142 uses Alstom Onix.

We should initiate a home exchange program where all transit fans exchange their current homes with people living right next to the train tracks. Then we can match up the right homes with people who like and don't like noise!

I bet a lot of the people who live near these train tracks don't enjoy it, xD.

I'm surprise the rent isn't lower in these locations.. I would assume living near train tracks depreciate the value of property.

I would enjoy living near tracks when it is a straight run. I used to live in Brighton Beach and eventually got used to the trains making that sharp turn onto Brighton Beach Avenue, but if I moved back to Brooklyn, I would rather go someplace further up the line, with a straight run, like the sections in Midwood.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I live by the (M) but I can't see it from my building...I would have to walk to Fresh Pond Rd & Myrtle and hope I can see it from there lol

From the 68th Avenue side of the (M), you can see buses parked under the el and part of the Fresh Pond Road station on the block of 62d Street between 68th and the fence at the END sign. You see the (M) line itself (as it lowers to street level on 64th Street and the same on 64th Place ((M) line a little lower and fence a little higher than at 64th Street at the END signs).

I lived in a apartment building on White Plains Rd between 233rd and 225th stations on the (2) and it was thee best.

Kawasaki is the one's who designed and built the train, but Bomadier provided the proplusion.

The R142A uses Adtranz and the R142 uses Alstom Onix.

To clarify the discrepancy between these two posts, Adtranz was acquired by Bombardier in 2001, however the name was kept around since "Adtranz" is recognized in the industry.

Although I live a few blocks away from the Brighton line, it would be nice to live on one of those blocks that is right next to the line. In particular, the blocks between Newkirk Av and Av H. You can literally stick your hand out from the fence and touch the train as it passes by (not that I would). I just love it when a train line meets ground level, espicially a subway line. Though my dad does live next to the Jamaica El. :cool:

Not my video. Skip to 0:18.

Hey that's my video! [Don't believe me! Go to my Youtube account from my visitor's page!] lolz I thought that introduction was neccessary :) I know what you mean, I love it when the train reaches ground level, it's just so cool! B)

Although I actually barely qualify for this page. Some of my family live a few blocks away from the station on Ave H; we're actualy closer to Coney Island Av. If it's really quiet, I have a snall chance of even hearing a train. I can hear horns sometimes, though!

I wouldn't mind living near a LIRR, MNR, Amtrak, or Subway El. It's all good. :cool:

Hey that's my video! [Don't believe me! Go to my Youtube account from my visitor's page!] lolz I thought that introduction was neccessary :) I know what you mean, I love it when the train reaches ground level, it's just so cool! B)

Although I actually barely qualify for this page. Some of my family live a few blocks away from the station on Ave H; we're actualy closer to Coney Island Av. If it's really quiet, I have a snall chance of even hearing a train. I can hear horns sometimes, though!

I wouldn't mind living near a LIRR, MNR, Amtrak, or Subway El. It's all good. :cool:

Cool! :cool: Ave H is my fav station on the Brighton! Sweet vid btw.

Archived