Toll Increase Takes Effect On All MTA Crossings

Trainspotter

Toll Increase Takes Effect On All MTA Crossings

NY1 News

March 16, 2008

[float=right]00233.jpg[/float]Drivers are spending more to use MTA's bridges and tunnels as tolls went up on all MTA crossings at 3 o'clock Sunday morning.

Drivers paying cash now have to shell out $5 to cross the Whitestone, Throgs Neck and Triboro bridges, as well as the Brooklyn-Battery and Midtown Tunnels. E-Z Pass users pay $4.15.

The toll on the Verrazano Bridge is now $10 for drivers paying in cash and $8.30 for drivers who use E-Z Pass. There are reduced fares for Staten Island residents.

On the Henry Hudson Bridge, drivers will pay $2.75 in cash or a $1.90 with E-Z Pass.

For more information on all the toll hikes, go to www.mta.info.

That sucks. Maybe just like a few less cars on the road with this?

I highly doubt it,motorists are more concerned about the price of gas rather than a 50 cent to a $1.00 increase. NYC has the highest toll rates in the country and also the most corruption at the top. We all know where toll money really goes to.

It's not so complicated let me explain to you. First what is inflation ...well it is a rise in price over time. Let make it simpler so that you and I can understand it. Lets say DOB drives a bus Monday - Friday at $1.00 per commuter for 3 years. Lets assumed the following year the city get rid of all the dollar cabs on Utica. Since Utica is DOB'S route he gets an influx of commuters on his bus because they is now no more alternative. We can say that they is an increase in demands on DOB'S route. Well, that demand may cause the MTA to increase the fair on that route because the increase in passenger call for more drivers and buses on that route.

Some extreme economist say that inflation is a rise in the money supply. if you want to know what their mean by that, you need to go research it. It could be complicated to some people.

As you can see .... rise in price over time = more commuters plus more drivers plus more buses. As an area become more populated, it will cause the price of transportation to increase. Considering now more citizens are no longer able to afford insurance, more are returning their plate to go back to public transportation. This rise in commuters will cause the MTA to increase their fair so that their can make a profit while at the same time maintaining operation cost. AS far as what the MTA do with the money ...is over my head. But I can see Bridges and Tunnel during they part as far as the bridges are concern.

I forgot to add the real effect of inflation. It eats away your money. Inflation is determine by the Fed ....3 - 4 % usualy. Therefore a $20.00 today will worth less in 3 years from now. When cost goes up, you'll need more money to buy the same amount of goods. Which mean your dollar has depreciate in value. That is the real effect of inflation. Sorry I forgot to mention that ....I wouldn't want to mis-informed you.

Archived