I Was just banned from riding a bus...and don't know why!!!

Nabinut

Here's how it goes:

I was riding to and from my neighborhood McDs when I boarded a bus heading N/B. The operator noticed my camera hoisted on my shoulder but didn't say nothing. Riding the same bus back, my camera in my bag, she asked me what i'm doing with it, I'm like "I'm a photographer" and she starts spouting off about taking photos of people without their knowledge is illegal and crap like that. Well before I exited, i tried to smooth things over and made small talk (still with camera in bag). I exited, pulled out my Mp3 player to change songs then she hit the brakes. Opened the doors and demanded to see it. I showed it commenting how sensitive she was to nothing, warned me that the transit police would take it from me, searched through it then told me from now on, you're not to ride my bus and something about playing games and drove off. I'm still stunned because at no point did I take a photo of the bus because I knew I was riding the same one back or anything. This was completely out of the blue...

Here's how it goes:

I was riding to and from my neighborhood McDs when I boarded a bus heading N/B. The operator noticed my camera hoisted on my shoulder but didn't say nothing. Riding the same bus back, my camera in my bag, she asked me what i'm doing with it, I'm like "I'm a photographer" and she starts spouting off about taking photos of people without their knowledge is illegal and crap like that. Well before I exited, i tried to smooth things over and made small talk (still with camera in bag). I exited, pulled out my Mp3 player to change songs then she hit the brakes. Opened the doors and demanded to see it. I showed it commenting how sensitive she was to nothing, warned me that the transit police would take it from me, searched through it then told me from now on, you're not to ride my bus and something about playing games and drove off. I'm still stunned because at no point did I take a photo of the bus because I knew I was riding the same one back or anything. This was completely out of the blue...

If this is what truly happened then I suggest you file a complaint with the (MTA). Be sure to mention her bus number, route and the time of the incident. If you got her run number or her badge number then that would be grand.

Don't leave out any details btw.

I figured someone might doubt it because of recent posts, that's why I posted it while it was still fresh in my mind. This only happened less than an hour ago.

Also I would understand it if she was paranoid because she was photographed before but this was like the 3rd time I ever rode her bus and the 2nd time with my camera on my shoulder. Neither time did I attempt to photograph her bus like this time so I could avoid issues like this.

I'm not sure if I should file a complaint or not. I try to treat bus operators with respect, even ones who are wrong because I understand on a limited basis what they go through everyday and like I said if I made an attempt to do it then I would understand but I didn't...that's why driving me up a wall thinking about it

If this is what truly happened then I suggest you file a complaint with the (MTA). Be sure to mention her bus number, route and the time of the incident. If you got her run number or her badge number then that would be grand.

Don't leave out any details btw.

Right MTA, wrong city. This happened in Baltimore (Maryland Transit Administration)

It always the issue that gets me thinking another way and this is why I'm assuming she might of had something happen to her but none the less you could take one for the team and just let it go or complain but you already k ow what Im gonna say so I'll leave it at that .

I figured someone might doubt it because of recent posts, that's why I posted it while it was still fresh in my mind. This only happened less than an hour ago.

Also I would understand it if she was paranoid because she was photographed before but this was like the 3rd time I ever rode her bus and the 2nd time with my camera on my shoulder. Neither time did I attempt to photograph her bus like this time so I could avoid issues like this.

I'm not sure if I should file a complaint or not. I try to treat bus operators with respect, even ones who are wrong because I understand on a limited basis what they go through everyday and like I said if I made an attempt to do it then I would understand but I didn't...that's why driving me up a wall thinking about it

i don't doubt you per se, but there was a recent post about a board member who said he was was harassed in the subway by a TA employee, only to reveal later on that he left out vital information which showed he escalated the situation.

It always the issue that gets me thinking another way and this is why I'm assuming she might of had something happen to her but none the less you could take one for the team and just let it go or complain but you already k ow what Im gonna say so I'll leave it at that .

Yeah, I feel that way. I should let it go and take one for the team. It just bothered me at the time so I posted so I could get it out of my system

honestly id shrug it off. How likely are you to get her as a bus driver again?

Incidentally, I know what blocks she works (rode her bus last Friday) so I can avoid her. I just worry that her warning will bite me in the ass if I need to get home and she's driving the bus...

If you ask me, taking pictures of others without consent is illegal, but you didnt take any pics, thats weird.

Its not illegal to take pics in public. Once you are in public you have no privacy and you can be filmed, photographed etc

honestly id shrug it off. How likely are you to get her as a bus driver again?

It depends. You don't know which route the OP is on. While school was in session, I left home at the same time and almost always got 1 out of 3 drivers. If you leave work at the same time every day, there is only a certain number of drivers you can get, since most drivers usually work the same route every day at the same time.

As far as reporting it, if it were me, I probably would, now that I know how to (either go to 3 Stone Street and fill out a form or go to mta.info and go to "Contact Us"). The worst that could happen if she gets reprimanded is that she won't hold the bus if she sees you running (which she probably would've done anyway if she said not to ride her bus again). The next time you see her, just pay your fare and get on, since there isn't anything she can do if you weren't doing anything wrong.

Here's how it goes:

1.She hit the brakes as soon as you picked up the mp3? are you seriose with passengers in the bus?

2. Demanded to see your personals and searched thru your bag like the police? are you for-real?

Pal, You've got more stories than Walt Disney.

Here's how it goes:

I was riding to and from my neighborhood McDs when I boarded a bus heading N/B. The operator noticed my camera hoisted on my shoulder but didn't say nothing. Riding the same bus back, my camera in my bag, she asked me what i'm doing with it, I'm like "I'm a photographer" and she starts spouting off about taking photos of people without their knowledge is illegal and crap like that.

Well before I exited, i tried to smooth things over and made small talk (still with camera in bag). I exited, pulled out my Mp3 player to change songs then she hit the brakes. Opened the doors and demanded to see it. I showed it commenting how sensitive she was to nothing, warned me that the transit police would take it from me, searched through it then told me from now on, you're not to ride my bus and something about playing games and drove off. I'm still stunned because at no point did I take a photo of the bus because I knew I was riding the same one back or anything. This was completely out of the blue...

you exacerbated the situation when you started making small talk....

you exacerbated the situation when you mouthed off at her AFTER she kicked you off the bus...

you say you "exited" the bus when you pulled out your mp3 player... the b/o slammed the brakes (I actually believe this part of the story, b/c she was probably on edge anyway) demanding to see the mp3 player.... the part about her searching through it though, I doubt happened... unless you really were sayin some slick shit to her, to make her come up off the bus....

still though, you should have kept on walking....

let her make all the threats she wants afterwards about not riding her bus....

I do believe you're leaving some integral parts of the story out though... why would anyone say something like "that's why I posted it while it was still fresh in my mind.", if the events happened in succession the way you say they did....

assuming you don't suffer from amnesia...

The truth isn't meant to be remembered...

Pay your fare and step on anyway. She can't just deny you service like that without putting her job in peril.

Trust me if its 100 degrees outside you better pray she stops cuz she is gonna know its you and when I found out that some peeps tried to get me in trouble well lets just use your imagination lol in the freezing cold (Dont ever think we dont know)

im not taking sides Nabinut but when a driver is on edge and in a bitchy mood the best thing to do is put away the camera, sit at the back or as far as possible and enjoy the ride. but if you feel its necessary go report her, give the full details to the MTA and if nothing happens immediately just stay away... farrr away

i.e i had a driver once on my bus route and because it was rush hour and the garage was near he would sign out on OOS before our stop so everyone would get off before the garage, i reported him gave the run number and time and he still kept driving but i avoided him to stay away from any conflicts because he knew it was me who reported him

you exacerbated the situation when you started making small talk....

The small talk consisted of me telling her how pretty her makeup was and how the heat might ruin it having all those windows around her to keep the heat in...

you exacerbated the situation when you mouthed off at her AFTER she kicked you off the bus...

So saying to her that "It's an mp3 player...you're that sensitive" is mouthing off...

you say you "exited" the bus when you pulled out your mp3 player... the b/o slammed the brakes (I actually believe this part of the story, b/c she was probably on edge anyway) demanding to see the mp3 player.... the part about her searching through it though, I doubt happened... unless you really were sayin some slick shit to her, to make her come up off the bus....

I pulled out my player after I was on the sidewalk and started walking. I was out of her direct view...

still though, you should have kept on walking....

I DID keep walking...she chased me down...twice with her bus

let her make all the threats she wants afterwards about not riding her bus....

I do believe you're leaving some integral parts of the story out though... why would anyone say something like "that's why I posted it while it was still fresh in my mind.", if the events happened in succession the way you say they did....

Because I saw how you guys jumped all over that guy who said that the Booth clerk harassed him without reason, only to leave parts of the story out. So I didn't want anyone to think I was doing the same thing.

assuming you don't suffer from amnesia...

The truth isn't meant to be remembered...

So should we believe anything you said has a tinge of untruth. I wouldn't publicly post lies about an incident like this especially on boards like this so not to have comments like yours

Archived