If you could design an NYC Bus depot, how would you design it?

NX Express

My bus depot design:

2 floors:

Upper Floor

Storage space, buses would be arranged like this:

Back of Depot---Exit

|||||||

i|ii|ii|ii|i

i|ii|ii|ii|i

i|ii|ii|ii|i

i|ii|ii|ii|i

i|ii|ii|ii|i

i|ii|ii|ii|i

i|ii|ii|ii|i

|||||||

Front of Depot---Entrance

Where i indicates a bus and | indicates a driving lane

Lower Level

Repair and Inspection

Repair facilities would be on one side, while the middle and left would be inspection places, with pits to inspect the underside of the bus when needed.

Access to the lower level would be through ramps at each end of the depot. One ramp would be for entry to the lower level, and the other would be for exit from the lower level.

At the front and back of the depot, there would be sufficient space to maneuver if needed.

The entrance would be at the front, and the exit would be at the back. Entering through the exit or vice versa would be forbidden.

• 2 weeks later...

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

My idea would be a Depot that would have 4 levels 1 each floor for the different fuel stations of CNG/Hybrid/diesel/Articfuel.

Have the Depot Sticker on the grage entrance 5 entrances and exits.

My idea would be a Depot that would have 4 levels 1 each floor for the different fuel stations of CNG/Hybrid/diesel/Articfuel.

That would require very strong supports. Also, does each fuel need its own separate FLOOR?:eek:

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

There's only 2 seperate fuel types in the city; CNG & Diesel. Everything that doesn't use CNG uses diesel instead

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.0; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

He might want to save some space for hydrogen, but somethign that large is unnessesary. There is a reason all the CNG equiped depots are where they are, or do I need to dig up a pic of what happened at LGA?

I know exactly where you're getting at of I offer my rebuttal...if that's the case, think about the location of Gleason

Archived